• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Try and watch some competitive scrims. This past weekend was probably the absolute best I've ever seen in terms of awesome matches being streamed. It was crazy, everyone was playing sweats. Some notable streamers to look out for:

WTFisPoshy, WaRbulletproof, AEGabriel are super good players who mostly stream matches against other teams. Really good stuff. War has some pretty interesting thoughts about the game (he contends that "angles", or unpredictable map positioning, is far more important than gear or gunskill - if you wanna win, you need to come and shoot from weird places :p). Gabriel takes the "Titan Skating" thing to a strange, different level. And Poshy is just weirdly skilled. There you have a top-tier Warlock, a rare sweaty Titan, and a Bladedancer.

There's also the 13Devils. Nghtly and Catfanone are stream Trials basically all weekend long. Sadly, I haven't seen them play teams very often lately. But they carry viewers through Trials. You won't learn much, because they will mostly play randoms and just absolutely destroy them and make Trials look like a joke when it probably isn't for 99% of us. What's enjoyable is that they can be so chill and casual and joke around, with great music. Real different from other streams. But you'll just come out of it wondering how the actual hell they can snipe the way they do. ZL_chris is absurdly good but rarely streams.

She's My Nerd and WishYouLuck are both in a weird spot. Super, super talented, but they're total jerks :p So yeah take what you will there.

And Luminosity48 is my final stream recommendation. He's got a fair balance of Trials with viewers and sweaty matches, and he's super good. Chill guy too.

Our own resident experts: Zoba, Unstable, Rubenov, and the Double Dutch also play, destroy, and stream the fun at times :)

I think that I need to find out more about this strat. There were a couple of games last night that the other team just started doing some weird stuff, and it really worked to their advantage. Whenever I try to go to a different spot, it just turns out that I'm now open to getting flanked.

Gammacide

Thanks to Victim for helping out. Good to see GAFers get their first Vault of Glass cleared. They all enjoyed the experience.
My pleasure. I love that raid and it is especially nice to see first timers do it. I feel like they already applied some smart loot update though as I'm not getting dupes like I used to anymore it seems. Still, always a good time. :)

I was trying to do the Crota missions for Eris where you have to find Crota's servants. I found one of them but the other two were impossible to track down.

Anyone got any insight on doing those or are there any guides for those patrols?
A couple of those are hidden away in corners and they can be a little difficult to find. There are guides out thereand I'd link them, but im on mobile.

ocean

Banned
What I can never do is finding the chests on time. I usually end running in circles around the area where I encountered the wolves while looking for small caves.
There's like 4-5 places where they spawn on each location. It's a lot easier if you know where to look. Venus is probably where they're easiest to spot in my experience.

There's probably YouTube videos with the chest locations.

pixxxelz

I was trying to do the Crota missions for Eris where you have to find Crota's servants. I found one of them but the other two were impossible to track down.

Anyone got any insight on doing those or are there any guides for those patrols?
this will guide through the whole thing

Are you talking about tge heart and what not?

First one is in the building on the way to skywatch, the dark room with all the hive. Youll find the servant in the back right corner mealing down

From there make your way to skywatch and head to the final earth mission location. Youll see a knight nealing in front if an urn, take him out

The last one is past the rocket yards lije your on the devils lair strike. You have to kill a wizard there.

ocean

Banned
I think that I need to find out more about this strat. There were a couple of games last night that the other team just started doing some weird stuff, and it really worked to their advantage. Whenever I try to go to a different spot, it just turns out that I'm now open to getting flanked.
When you watch sweaties between high level teams you discover sniper lanes you didn't even know existed. I've grown to appreciate the map design in the game a little better after seeing all the options the game offers. Playing Control with Randoms you'll almost be running in line in the same circles and killing people in the same places over and over.

But between top players? Oh man these guys take the fight to weird places :p and the goddamn callouts. They have a name for every small corner of every map. I don't go beyond "they're behind A". But these guys are like "yo one shot ring 3 left push cmon".

Try to check out those streams. I've picked up a trick or two, though I'll admit most of the shit they so is beyond what I have the skill to replicate. But seeing Gabe float over a door to bait you out then shotgun your head from above? That's art. Actually grenade baiting as a whole is its own meta :p

There's like 4-5 places where they spawn on each location. It's a lot easier if you know where to look. Venus is probably where they're easiest to spot in my experience.

There's probably YouTube videos with the chest locations.

I believe I saw a reddit post with the known locations. They were mentioning that for the same area, a chest could have several possible spots.

ocean

Banned
Two Questions:
a) Can you not add friends from the PSN site?
b) What's "sweaty"?
1) no but you can from the mobile app
2) the stupid name this community has chosen for competitive matches (teams agree to force matchmaking to make a lobby then play best of 5 or first to 5, or just indefinitely for practice).

Klyka

Banned
I'm jumping on now if anyone would like to do PoE35 (or maybe even Trials which I have never done) shoot me an invite.

PSN Klyka1

which one did you find? there is one in that dark room from one of the first couple missions. then there is one in the last area of the "Last Array" mission. There is also one that you'll find on your way to the 3-wave room of the sepiks strike.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/12/06/des...how-to-find-the-hand-heart-and-eyes-of-crota/

1) no but you can from the mobile app
2) the stupid name this community has chosen for competitive matches (teams agree to force matchmaking to make a lobby then play best of 5 or first to 5, or just indefinitely for practice).

How do you force matchmaking to make a lobby?

ocean

Banned
For those interested, there's a Tournament on Xbox on Saturday. Most of the big players will be there. Twitch streams will be oh so good.

Rules: no Exotic armor, no heavy ammo, no final round snipers, no pocket infinity.

Signup has closed but some really solid teams are gonna be playing. Triplewreck's stream will probably be the most viewed naturally but don't miss out on War and Gabe's.

E92 M3

For those interested, there's a Tournament on Xbox on Saturday. Most of the big players will be there. Twitch streams will be oh so good.

Rules: no Exotic armor, no heavy ammo, no final round snipers, no pocket infinity.

Signup has closed but some really solid teams are gonna be playing. Triplewreck's stream will probably be the most viewed naturally but don't miss out on War and Gabe's.

Really hyped for that

ocean

Banned
How do you force matchmaking to make a lobby?
Have all six start a party chat so you can coordinate. The two people closest to each their geographically should be host of their respective teams.

Then go 1, 2, 3 hit launch together and hope you get matched up. It'll usually only take a few tries but sometimes it takes forever. A lot easier if both teams have like someone in the UK for example :p

Lol @ no pocket infinity. Is that just a legacy rule from when it used to be good?

Namikaze1

So many games! Don't forget about Mad Max, which is looking pretty fantastic. Unfortunately, it comes out the same day as MGSV. Not enough time to play both before TTK.
That's the reason why I'm skipping out on it.

There's also Just Cause 3 which I forgot to mention in that post.

MrDaravon

About to make do the void PvP part of the Thorn bounty for a second time, why do I do this to myself :(. At least I have Void weapons in all slots this time, and I'm combining it with the PvP part of the Invective bounty.

noomi

About to make do the void PvP part of the Thorn bounty for a second time, why do I do this to myself :(. At least I have Void weapons in all slots this time, and I'm combining it with the PvP part of the Invective bounty.

It's not so bad these days, you have plenty of good weapons to choose from to do it.

Way back when, we had to use Atheons epilogue and some crappy void shotgun lol.

Good luck, you'll get it done in no time ;)

MrDaravon

It's not so bad these days, you have plenty of good weapons to choose from to do it.

Yeah, I've got a Word of Crota/Swordbreaker/Truth this time, last time I only had an Epilogue :(. I just don't care for the PvP very much in this game.

Ambitious

You don't "need" to open the big chest each time. Of course the harder the PoE, the more you feel like you have to open it. But yea, I've played plenty where I didn't have a key. You have a chance to get a key from the small chests.

You get 1 guaranteed key per account per week (via bounty). If you've done that already, then yea there's no real good farming method. I wouldn't recommend it at least. Doing the queen's bounties grants a chance, as well as opening the chest from the Wolves. But you can easily find yourself farming for an hour or 2 with 0 keys to show for it. Youre better off just doing the PoE if you want the armor/weapon core and/or etheric light.

If you want to try, I'd start by doing all the queen's bounties. After that it's just farming Wolves.

Oh damn you're back with a passion :p

The treasure chests aren't really all that important tbh. Only thing worth getting is Her Benevolence. Other than that I'd say keep doing PoE for armor or Etheric whatever you need and save keys for the Queen's Cipher once you start doing Skolas.

Hunting down the Wolves is a bit boring when playing solo :/ was a lot more fun when we made teams for it the week before HoW launched

I know, I don't have to open them. I just don't like the feeling of just leaving it there, when I could have a chance of getting an exotic.

I'm a_javierp on PSN. I think I have you but I'm not sure. Let's do a PoE in like 3 hours? The armor core + ascending an Exotic will make you 33. The Warlock gloves are great. 100 Int, Special Weapon Loader, perk for Fallen room (incl Skolas).

Cool, thanks! I'm ps_flocki. We're friends already. (We had planned to play Crota's End blind back then, but it didn't work out)

ocean

Banned
Lol @ no pocket infinity. Is that just a legacy rule from when it used to be good?
Lol yeah. Look up PI videos, it used to be waaaay beyond broken. Fostered players to camp because it was a guaranteed kill at silly ranges. Kinda broke high level play, it was just ridiculous. Rule makes little sense now but they haven't taken it off :p

EL CUCO

Is Critical Mindz hosting again? Remerse told me on twitch that Adamant was done hosting tourneys but not sure if true. Haven't been following it much lately with RL stuff going on.

E92 M3

Back in the day I used a blue fusion rifle. That baby helped me get 2 thorns.

ocean

Banned
Btw any DGAFers playing teams? I know Koro and Lima are really good. I'd love to watch you stream if you're playing sweats. 10 times more fun to watch competitive Skirmish with good teams than Trials, which rarely has solid matchup of this sort (lag is the bigger enemy).

ocean

Banned
Is Critical Mindz hosting again? Remerse told me on twitch that Adamant was done hosting tourneys but not sure if true. Haven't been following it much lately with RL stuff going on.
Yeah it's CM.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/143343526/0/0/1

Didn't know Adamant was done. Btw someone has to step up and organize stuff on PSN. There's nothing happening! There was a tourney like two weeks back but it was super low profile in comparison :/

I'd love to see 13dev, BSk, iAM and the rest of the guys who at least have characters on PS play some sweats. Everyone is on Xbox :(

MrDaravon

I ended my first match with a whopping 14 Void points -_-. I hate the PvP in this game so fucking much. It's not even that I'm bad at in general FPS games, I've never played another FPS in my life where I had below a 1.5 lifetime K/D. I just really hate Destiny's constant lag problems, along with getting one-shotted by shotguns from a million miles away, Thorns, Supers...yeah. If I could pay someone a reasonable amount of money to just get me all of the PvP related Grimoire cards I honestly probably would. Drives my OCD up the wall that I'll never get them.

rNilla

It's good to be home. Who's excited for Wednesday's Year 2 stream?

hypenaught.png

Damn Prison 35, first try, got to the end and the mines kept getting us and second time we couldnt get passed the Kabals.... Anger city.

Damn Prison 35, first try, got to the end and the mines kept getting us and second time we couldnt get passed the Kabals.... Anger city.

Key to beating cabal

Losts of arc rockets. Thin the herd right away especially the scions

Should make the round much easier. I recommend queen launchers with tripod and cluster bombs

deadduck

Lol yeah. Look up PI videos, it used to be waaaay beyond broken. Fostered players to camp because it was a guaranteed kill at silly ranges. Kinda broke high level play, it was just ridiculous. Rule makes little sense now but they haven't taken it off :p

Plus now, you need to spend more time looking for ammo than aiming it!

ich00

Yea it's definitely not so bad now.

I think I did mine with AE, a void comedian / praedyth's revenge and maybe corrective measure. There was a lot of camping in the back of maps, and just generally hiding all over the place.

ocean

Banned
Wait how're they doing a tourney without custom match options and private matchmaking?

Have all six start a party chat so you can coordinate. The two people closest to each their geographically should be host of their respective teams.

Then go 1, 2, 3 hit launch together and hope you get matched up. It'll usually only take a few tries but sometimes it takes forever. A lot easier if both teams have like someone in the UK for example :p
Bungie pls.

Me and Thing and our buddy beat Skolas this weekend.

EPIC run, at the end, we had him down to like 1/16th health and the final set of mines comes on and we're all getting together but I still have Gjall Pal shells and I just keep him in my sights, he's firing at us, I see one giant ball of fire headed my way, but I fire one last shell. I die, then Skolas dies, taking every add with him.

I watch from my Ghost with a smile as Thing dismantles all three mines in an empty prison yard.

BEST.
GAME.
EVER.

That moment when I’m at C and B is up and you guys have 5 seconds left on your revive and I had to decide to either wait or book it and get them myself. With the music turned off it was the eeriest round of last guardian standing mines. Modifiers cleared; we do it!

That arc burn cabal round is tricky, tracking down the psions asap is key because they laugh at titan bubbles and wipe full fireteams that stick together for fun.

noomi

Two days y'all

Yup! I'm pretty excited to watch it, this OT is going to explode haha

It's good to be home. Who's excited for Wednesday's Year 2 stream?

Awesome man, this thing looks better and better every time I see it :D

Bungie needs to add custom matches ASAP. It's so much fun playing with friends.

Someone posted on reddit that they Bungie had added "Hardcore playlist with no supers and limited equip" so who knows, we might get custom matches one day... or better yet... maybe they will reveal it during the twitch streams :D

deadduck

Btw any DGAFers playing teams? I know Koro and Lima are really good. I'd love to watch you stream if you're playing sweats. 10 times more fun to watch competitive Skirmish with good teams than Trials, which rarely has solid matchup of this sort (lag is the bigger enemy).

Dgaf sweaties tournament?

Elimination allows sweaties too, last time I tried it, just seemed to take a bit longer than Skirmish.

matmanx1

Well, 1 Year One Triumph down and one to go as of last night. My regular fire team grouped up with SeanR1221 from here on Gaf and we killed Crota on hard mode. Despite the usual Crota shenanigans (and the swordbearer trying to hide in corners) we were victorious in about an hour and a half.

No good loot to speak of but at least it's done now!

Top Bottom