• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tecnniqe

Banned
We need a pic of your RedBull setup for the stream!!!

4e14840858a211e2b28822000a9f1468_7.jpg

Bungie lost power. Mwahaha

Juraash

I just want to thank you for this post and sharing your perspective. It has been a sobering and depressing afternoon.

You too <3

My experiences are much the same. I've been able to find groups almost right away for anything I've wanted to do. The community has been friendly and helpful and as I result ull hit all my pre-TTK goals.

I just want to thank you for this post and sharing your perspective. It has been a sobering and depressing afternoon.

I'll definitely second this; I've had times with DGAF where I've had a lot of trouble finding people to play with, but it's never been as a result of any failure of the community. Hawk's newbie raids were my first raids, and really still stand as my absolute best experiences with the game. What frustration that might sometimes occur is always far overshadowed by how welcoming and helpful the community is as a whole, especially in the early days when the game was way more obtuse than it is now.

A lot of what goes on in this thread is helping other people, and considering the amount of time and effort required to do most things in destiny, volunteering time to help others through the same challenges is all the more commendable. Destiny is a far better game for its community, and I'm definitely glad to be able to say that I'm part of it, in whatever tangential way.

GhaleonEB

I really do hope that those who are staples here that do participate in the Taken King OT will put aside any imperfections our community/community threads may have and feel free to invite to these threads absolutely anyone taking an interest in playing the game on an ongoing basis.

If we don't feel that we can do that, then there is a large problem here that I was unaware of. And not for nothing but it also means that a huge amount of my own ongoing time and effort has been for nothing. :(

I strongly encourage folks to post in the TTK Gaming thread. People are of course free to use either, but the Community folks en masse ignore the thread, then it would signal a problem didn't realize we had. All communities eventually get a bit insular but I hope that's not the case to a great degree here; DestinyGAF has been very welcoming of new players, and TTK will both bring in new players, and bring back old ones. An infusion of new players to the Community thread would be a great thing, and the participation of the DestinyGAF community in the Gaming side would help facilitate it.

To be clear, I don't think it will be a problem, and certainly wasn't with the HoW thread.

I absolutely agree this thread can be too cliquey. I've been here since the pre-Alpha and have no regular groups for absolutely anything, and often feel like I'm outside looking in on much of the interactions.

You picked a terrible example though. I was not "advertising a closed activity" - I was LFG and put up a list with the first people who responded, and added the remaining ones as alts. The list started off blank and I edited people in as they answered.

I'm not saying this isn't an issue - it totally is. But don't try to frame me as the face of the vogue topic when, if anything, I'm in a better position than most of the old timers to understand how accidentally exclusionary many groups can be.

But as you wish...

Missed the earlier post so I picked a bad example. My point still stands as, while yours wasn't one of them, posts as I had understood yours to be do exist here. My apologies for dragging you into it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uh, he posted without a full party, and edited as he filled the ranks.
The people that responded are now cliquey?

I am sure this could have been done through PSN, but I am failing to see the wrongdoing.
Okay for real bear with me for a second here....

Wouldn't putting this group together through PSN, which by definition could then have only been formed by people who were already on Ocean's friends list, be more cliquey than the way it was done- wherein anyone in the thread could join?

What am I missing?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
PICNIC!

ABANDON THE HYPENAUGHT!

&#831;&#831; &#831;&#831; &#831;'&#831;'&#821;&#839;&#831;&#831;&#1079;=&#3900; &#9600;&#831;&#831;&#313;&#815;&#831;&#831;&#9600;&#831; &#831; &#3901;=&#949;/&#821;&#839;&#831;&#831;/’&#831;’&#831; &#831; &#831;&#831;[} &#831; &#831; &#831; &#831;^ THIS IS THE OFFLINE POLICE, YOU ARE COMING WITH US BUNGIE

Top Bottom