• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I strongly encourage folks to post in the TTK Gaming thread. People are of course free to use either, but the Community folks en masse ignore the thread, then it would signal a probably I didn't realize we had. All communities eventually get a bit insular but I hope that's not the case to a great degree here; DestinyGAF has been very welcoming of new players, and TTK will both bring in new players, and bring back old ones. An infusion of new players to the Community thread would be a great thing, and the participation of the DestinyGAF community in the Gaming side would help facilitate it.

To be clear, I don't think it will be a problem, and certainly wasn't with the HoW thread.
I don't expect many to refrain from posting in the TTK thread on gaming side, and rest assured that a substantial infusion of new players to the Community thread is coming. ;)

Personally, I won't ignore it by any stretch and will endeavor to assist new or curious players I see, but am not likely to post myself. I predict it to be a more vitriolic and less constructive environment than this one, as gaming side threads have to a large extent been outlets for that sort of discourse. But I'm absolutely open to changing my mind and participating if it doesn't go that way.
The thread is moving fast and I missed his first post.
Oh, alright, my bad for jumping on you.

I just don't like this nebulous idea of cliqueyness in a community this big without any examples. I have no idea how to combat what I'm hearing. :-/

We did Iron Wafer last night and while Nilla kinda did save me a spot, I did ask to be included and was online. Many of the other guys I hadn't run with before or often and we had fun. We won most of the time but did have a couple scrubby rounds.

I know the conversations can be clique-y but there is nothing clique-y about DJ or RAWR or mehrmantrout saying

COME WITH ME IF YOU WANT THE CHECKPOINT

which is open to all. Hawkian's noobie raids are open to all. "I'm at the boss if you need NF join on _____" are open to all. Posts by Koro, Ned, Doge (weeping) saying "Hey 1st timers with no Mercury visits post here" are open albeit console specific.

Sometimes people ask for clannies or such for specific trophies but I think that deserves a pass. While our conversation can be inside jokes sometimes or whatever else I think we're pretty dang open, but we can always do better.

Hi, I'm Glenn, I'm bad at PvP and I do moderate to decent imitations in party. I try not to be a boat anchor but unfortunately it seems to be my lot in life on occasion. :p

thanks Phen0m it means a lot to be noticed

53d5360ad96d1_-_gwyneth-paltrow-smn.png

In all seriousness as a relative newcomer my take on it all fwiw Of course theres cliques thats just the nature of life, people always gravitate towards people who they enjoy playing with or have similar interests/humour after all we play in our free time

However I've never found it exclusionary on here, sure LFG posts can be ignored sometimes but you can't ask everyone to reply with a no thanks in subsequent posts, so it then gets lost. You either have to keep reposting it or stand up and join another LFG that goes up

noomi

Is there anyway someone can host it on their channel so we can get a chat again? I dont want to see bungie's chat :p

We're all in the DGAF@E3 chat, you were in there before, you should just be able to select it again :)

I've been actively trying to prevent that, ever since the very first OT.

If we do, then we'll suffer the same tragic fate. :p

Thanks for looking out Ghaleon, please keep us safe <3

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
&#3900; &#12388; &#9685;&#9697;&#9685; &#3901;&#12388; GOT STREM &#3900; &#12388; &#9685;&#9697;&#9685; &#3901;&#12388;

(&#8745; &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)&#8835;&#9473;&#9734;&#65439;. * &#12539; &#65377;&#65439; IT MAGIC IS MAGIC (&#8745; &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)&#8835;&#9473;&#9734;&#65439;. * &#12539; &#65377;&#65439;

Alright, enjoy the stream everyone. If I see this thread jump more than 9 pages in the next hour, I might just give in. See yall on the flipside

I've been actively trying to prevent that, ever since the very first OT.

If we do, then we'll suffer the same tragic fate. :p
I don't think we have anything to worry about yet. If the community at large becomes angry with the direction the franchise is heading in, like it seemed with HaloGAF, then there may be problems.

It's still sad I have nowhere to discuss halo here anymore. RIP

Tjamato88

In before the thread explodes!

What should I do? I have a level 3 Titan that I was thinking about using the TTK level boost on but I'm also considering just grinding him up and using the boost on a new Warlock character.

What should I do? I have a level 3 Titan that I was thinking about using the TTK level boost on but I'm also considering just grinding him up and using the boost on a new Warlock character.

It's so easy to get to 34 now if you have excess armour cores/light, personally I'd do it now to get ahead on the subclass grind

I don't know about this whole 'spotlight on a community dude' thing for these reveals...

most of the time im just cringing rather than getting excited while having someone explaining something in a clear way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Definitely save the boost for your third character, I say.

That artifact specified solar melees, which implies they are both class and subclass specific.

Our loadouts are going to get so much situational. This is good in my eyes.

I'm so glad there are apps and Chrome extensions that allow us to build loadouts and equip them automatically. Would be such a pain to do it all manually.

daedalius

Sunbreaker talent tree looks SO GOOD

I wonder if they are going to adjust the others to have more synergy similar to what Sunbreaker and the other new subclasses are getting.

Top Bottom