• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tecnniqe

Banned
Invite to steam chat? Username is Triplike

You use Steam chat?

2 Top in a row! WOOOO
redbullrivals2.gif

for Taken King, I am will playing mostly weeknights on Eastern Time.

If anyone wants a mission buddy in EST, then PSN: jerky

week 1, I will be spending time ooglying at Faction Vendors though trying to decide what to get first.

I strongly encourage folks to post in the TTK Gaming thread. People are of course free to use either, but the Community folks en masse ignore the thread, then it would signal a problem didn't realize we had. All communities eventually get a bit insular but I hope that's not the case to a great degree here; DestinyGAF has been very welcoming of new players, and TTK will both bring in new players, and bring back old ones. An infusion of new players to the Community thread would be a great thing, and the participation of the DestinyGAF community in the Gaming side would help facilitate it.

To be clear, I don't think it will be a problem, and certainly wasn't with the HoW thread.
DestinyGAF will someday transform into the legend that was HaloGAF. Come to the dark side, yessss, late the hate flow through you

for Taken King, I am will playing mostly weeknights on Eastern Time.

If anyone wants a mission buddy in EST, then PSN: jerky

week 1, I will be spending time ooglying at Faction Vendors though trying to decide what to get first.

I imagine I'll be playing a bunch with my younger brother (who's getting the PS4 bundle for his birthday in a few weeks, but don't tell!), but I'd definitely be down to play. I'm EST as well; PSN is gmrtom7

GutZ31

I strongly encourage folks to post in the TTK Gaming thread. People are of course free to use either, but the Community folks en masse ignore the thread, then it would signal a probably I didn't realize we had. All communities eventually get a bit insular but I hope that's not the case to a great degree here; DestinyGAF has been very welcoming of new players, and TTK will both bring in new players, and bring back old ones. An infusion of new players to the Community thread would be a great thing, and the participation of the DestinyGAF community in the Gaming side would help facilitate it.

To be clear, I don't think it will be a problem, and certainly wasn't with the HoW thread.
From my perspective, these are concerns that don't match what happens by and large here.
I think moods were brought down with talks of the OT and gaming side threads, and it somehow turned into lashing out at ocean for something he clearly didn't do, and then making it out that it could possibly ALWAYS be happening.
I don't see these posts when I am surfing DGaf, but maybe I miss them.

I see a lot more of people trying to help one another, and then someone might whine about not being included, and he/she then gets helped.
I rarely, rarely see people fall through the cracks here, and when they do, most are quick to try and fix it.

I think the tone was set negatively from the beginning, and led to misunderstandings.

I usually don't have anyone to play with until about a day before the new content releases when we make LFG RELEASE posts and people join up.

I didn't join this awesome community until about mid November, and other than a couple of incidents I've been in, it's been typically FIFO / First Come First Serve. I think that's the most fair way.

I was skipped once by a regular for someone else (1 spot left, and I replied first) but I just had to get over it and move on and nobody even knew anything that happened except for me.

This wasn't even the situation where someone joined the party first before posting. This was a day in advanced thing. This is a hard situation that I've also seen. You post and someone replies around the same time someone else joins in. It's up to the person to decide which to take, which can possibly make it cliquey if it's a friend (favoritism).

I think in that scenario, a person joining blindly should give up their spot since someone made the effort to post. There's also the join party vs join fireteam dilemma.

We've had this problem for a while now and I think it's good to be explicit when cresting an LFM post. Join up, FCFS versus making a numbered list, people who reply should take 1st presidence.

Anyways, as Hawkian stated, it might be a little cliquey here and there, but overall it's not. Many people willing to help out and/or play with. I personally try to help anyone I can, new or old to the community.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So what is this stream for? Having just gotten back into Destiny I have very little idea what you all talk about in here on a daily basis, but I'm getting there.

Tecnniqe

Banned
༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ GOT STREM ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つBungie did a Deo and dropped
the stream
༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ

Top Bottom