• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

hydruxo

I think Bungie needs to stop having youtubers on these livestreams. It's just not working. I'd much rather just have Bungie employees playing the game and discussing it.

The strike looked great. No marks for completing it from what I saw. Boo.

They always seem to take two gameplay steps forward and one economy step backward. And then play catch up on the next major release.

Reserving judgement until we know more, but not dropping marks for strikes means I will probably not be playing them much. Why would you? Just for the strike boss drops? Will those be good enough to warrant that or a blue gun ala Stranger's Rifle?

More questions than answers. Are we sure that the Marmoset playlist will drop marks? Has that ever been confirmed?

Same as it is now I believe. Strike playlists will drop marks. I think this was mentioned last week but I'm not positive. Anyone know for sure?

k1t4j

I am baffled by the community people they ask to go on these reveals.

Broman was acting like he was 12 and screaming all the time

This kid skipped through the content, was slightly annoying.

I really don't understand the twitch mentality, how these people get followers and such.

Subclasses look really cool, I like that it seems they are promoting team play, but seeing almost nothing of the Hunter made me sad :(

I missed everything but the boss encounter.

did I miss anything good?

I saw a fusion rifle hitting for a ton of crit damage ?!?!?!
stormcaller has more mobility than I originally thought.

EDIT: the bosses seemed to take more damage but were hard to hit, not sponges anymore :)

The sword thing was hilariously poorly done.

As soon as he first mentioned "I wish I had a heavy weapon to use..."

I knew they were pulling the same crap as the "Vault question" from the first stream. Then I though about how easy it is to fuck up a new weapon, and I figured they're going to make this big deal out of using this new weapon and somehow fuck it up during the presentation.

I wasn't far off. We missed the entirety of the attacks with it. Would have been nice to have seen that first person. Would have really given us something to analyze, like ammo consumption and proximity ranges.

Frenden

Banned
I know there was some initial confusion re: marks and strikes with some saying only weeklies and nightfalls will drop marks. Which would suck.

I love the amount of rage on Reddit about them not showing the sword. Of course they are saving it for the final stream, they teased it in the first, showed it from third person a little bit for this and then Lauren will have it next week when they fight the summonable things in the Court. Classic hype 101.

NeOak

I am baffled by the community people they ask to go on these reveals.

Broman was acting like he was 12 and screaming all the time

This kid skipped through the content, was slightly annoying.

I really don't understand the twitch mentality, how these people get followers and such.

Subclasses look really cool, I like that it seems they are promoting team play, but seeing almost nothing of the Hunter made me sad :(

I'd even take Kaceytron over those two at this point

The Artifacts

uZ49QxU.png

rJLdNN8.png

EZaXxnB.png

That strike didnt really do anything for me, looked pretty standard in setup with almost nothing new in terms of ideas... and I like how their idea of changing up bullet-sponge bosses complaint was to just have two less bullet-sponge bosses that simply run away and return.

At least the first stream had a good deal of information to be revealed alongside it.

the mechanics are a cool twist but i was expecting them to have more behaviors. one just lunges at the player and the other just fires rockets into the air. at least fire a turret in between strikes or something.

nowai

More questions than answers. Are we sure that the Marmoset playlist will drop marks? Has that ever been confirmed?

My understanding was no, you cannot.

From the weekly update: https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08202015/en/News/News?aid=13414

"How can I earn Legendary Marks?

*By completing Daily Story Chapters, Weekly Heroic Strikes, and Daily PVP Activities

*By dismantling Year Two Legendary items – assuming you don’t have the maximum value of 200 Legendary Marks associated with your player account"

I think Bungie needs to stop having youtubers on these livestreams. It's just not working. I'd much rather just have Bungie employees playing the game and discussing it.

Exactly. Luke Smith, I hope you're reading this! It's almost like they think by having popular people it'll help with viewers or presentation but it absolutely makes it worse.

The workers are what interests us.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I know there was some initial confusion re: marks and strikes with some saying only weeklies and nightfalls will drop marks. Which would suck.

Im 99% positive strike playlist nets marks like they do today.
If not then they force people into PvP which is what they wanted to avoid.

So the first half of the stream is all from Mr. fruit's perspective for some reason. I got really tired of seeing him be terrible at shooting, running past enemies, and throwing hammers at absolutely nothing. The only other perspective we see is Cozmo who clearly has no idea how to play a warlock. There was a hunter too? That's funny, because we never saw. Just for once, I'd like to see an informative gameplay stream that features players that are actually decent at this game and have show some hints of them knowing what they are doing. That was a complete waste of time other than for the updated subclass information, a view of artifacts, and confirmation that swords are a thing.

daedalius

Such a tease with the sword.

I wonder if you pop out to 3rd person when you use it. Would have known if they switched to VP, lol.

Strike looked pretty cool. They changed some talent trees from the last build we saw, I'm sure datto gonna break those down in detail soon.

Mr Fruit was a poor choice, why didn't they just get Luke on there?

Deku Tree

Hopefully the legendary and exotic artifacts have good perks. Expected that blue artifacts would have worse perks.

Probably the exotic artifact uses up your exotic armor slot, it better be good.

The Dreadnaught looks kinda small from that stream. They went from 'Mausoleum' all the way to the 'Narthex' in just this strike. I suppose it's quality of real estate rather than quantity.

edit: map link http://i.imgur.com/XAkkgbr.png

As for no Legendary marks, I doubt this was played as part of a playlist, rather just selected from the overworld map.

Namikaze1

The strike looked great. No marks for completing it from what I saw. Boo.

They always seem to take two gameplay steps forward and one economy step backward. And then play catch up on the next major release.

Reserving judgement until we know more, but not dropping marks for strikes means I will probably not be playing them much. Why would you? Just for the strike boss drops? Will those be good enough to warrant that or a blue gun ala Stranger's Rifle?

For Marmoset, it hasn't been confirmed.

Gong

Claude was cool, Cozmo looked like he was either baked or nervous as hell, and Mr Fruit continues the baffling wave of community faces that just leave me utterly baffled at how they get invited to these things. Unfunny, glib and as much fun as waiting for the results of a very special test at the local GUM clinic. But hey, he wasn't as bad as that twat in the PoE reveal, Professor Bawbag or Doctor. Fuddbucket, I can't remember his name.

Daemul

That stream was meh for me, I was only interested in seeing the finalized subclass trees, the strike itself was alright, but since I don't play the strike playlist I'll only ever play it whenever it's a heroic weekly or nightfall strike.

Hopefully the legendary and exotic artifacts have good perks. Expected that blue artifacts would have worse perks.

Probably the exotic artifact uses up your exotic armor slot, it better be good.

my takeaway on these rare artifacts, they had 200 light. our current gear is going to get outmatched fairly quicky.

Lnkn52

Claude was cool, Cozmo looked like he was either baked or nervous as hell, and Mr Fruit continues the baffling wave of community faces that just leave me utterly baffled at how they get invited to these things. Unfunny, glib and as much fun as waiting for the results of a very special test at the local GUM clinic. But hey, he wasn't as bad as that twat in the PoE reveal, Professor Bawbag or Doctor. Fuddbucket, I can't remember his name.

You almost had it, keep trying.

Deku Tree

My understanding was no, you cannot.

From the weekly update: https://www.bungie.net/7_Bungie-Weekly-Update---08202015/en/News/News?aid=13414

"How can I earn Legendary Marks?

*By completing Daily Story Chapters, Weekly Heroic Strikes, and Daily PVP Activities

*By dismantling Year Two Legendary items – assuming you don’t have the maximum value of 200 Legendary Marks associated with your player account"

And that brings up the question. If you lose the daily PvP do you get less legendary marks than if you win? Or is it just a set amount of marks that you get win or lose? I wish they would tell us if and how they are changing the rewards for activities.

So considering the stream ended at almost exactly 2. I'm thinking more and more that the reason they skipped stuff at the beginning was to make up for lost time.

That stream was meh for me, I was only interested in seeing the finalized subclass trees, the strike itself was alright, but since I don't play the strike playlist I'll only ever play it whenever it's a heroic weekly or nightfall strike.

The new grenade trees look lame, especially the Hunter. And now Warlocks have Arcbolt grenade, as if we need more of those.

nOoblet16

Fuck my life, I accidentally pre ordered the PS3 version of TTK via PS store. It's from a NA PSN account so no refunds because that's how NA PSN is.

Uh...what a waste !!

New strike looks fun, can't wait to run it instead of the other ones I've run to death.

But how on earth are we going to be able to do that Boss room with say, Solar burn, as part of a Nightfall?

Nightfalls are going to be really scary again.

ocean

Banned
Fuck my life, I accidentally pre ordered the PS3 version of TTK via PS store. It's from a NA PSN account so no refunds because that's how NA PSN is.

Uh...what a waste !!
If it was from a European PSN store I think they're legally obligated to refund you. US store = ouch :(

zewone

One thing I don't like about Twitch is the gaming "personalities" it has spawned.

Unrelated, but I think they should have changed the perspective to the sword bearer when he pulled out his heavy.

rNilla

New strike looks fun, can't wait to run it instead of the other ones I've run to death.

But how on earth are we going to be able to do that Boss room with say, Solar burn, as part of a Nightfall?

Nightfalls are going to be really scary again.

Cheese always finds a way.

Top Bottom