• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Frenden

Banned
So, our takeaways from the stream:

The strike exists. The bosses seem fine. You can skip the first third of it. You may have to skip the first third if your name is Mr. Fruit--not for expedience's sake, but because aiming is hard.

You're showing this thing off for the first time, can we engage with the mechanics, please?

zewone

Fuck my life, I accidentally pre ordered the PS3 version of TTK via PS store. It's from a NA PSN account so no refunds because that's how NA PSN is.

Uh...what a waste !!

Call them? Email them?

It doesn't sound unreasonable for someone to purchase the wrong content like that.

Deku Tree

Fuck my life, I accidentally pre ordered the PS3 version of TTK via PS store. It's from a NA PSN account so no refunds because that's how NA PSN is.

Uh...what a waste !!

Did you try calling or doing online chat with PSN? I'm sure if you tell them you want the PS4 version and it was an accident then They might let you transfer the purchase.

One thing I don't like about Twitch is the gaming "personalities" it has spawned.

Unrelated, but I think they should have changed the perspective to the sword bearer when he pulled out his heavy.

In Fruit's defense, he's a Youtuber, not a streamer. It's essentially the difference between a studio musician and someone who plays live on stage. That's not to say one is inherently better than the other, but it was clearly not his turf with how awkward he seemed towards the end.

Either way, I agree. I appreciate that they're having "real players" play the game and react to it, even if it can be scripted. But their presentation continues to lack focus.

tumblr_nqj8wxph2u1s2wio8o1_500.gif

KxoZz

New strike looks fun, can't wait to run it instead of the other ones I've run to death.

But how on earth are we going to be able to do that Boss room with say, Solar burn, as part of a Nightfall?

Nightfalls are going to be really scary again.

Shit, now I gotta check if I did the same.

But yeah - call them.

in a game so starved for content, why would they let you skip a 3rd of the content in a strike?

So, our takeaways from the stream:

The strike exists. The bosses seem fine. You can skip the first third of it. You may have to skip the first third if your name is Mr. Fruit--not for expedience's sake, but because aiming is hard.

You're showing this thing off for the first time, can we engage with the mechanics, please?

Before this narrative really gets going, it's worth noting that Cozmo was the one who ran all the way past the encounter. Mr. Fruit just joined him. He says out loud, "I'm joining Cozmo." Here's the stream, at 21 minutes. http://www.twitch.tv/bungie/v/12926414

Did you try calling or doing online chat with PSN? I'm sure if you tell them you want the PS4 version and it was an accident then They might let you transfer the purchase.

Uh...what a waste !!

Sorry man, I hear Sony is terrible at any kind of digital refunds. Per Gaming side thread:

This is kinda bs. I preordered the taken king when they put it up for the $40 before any of this came to light. A few weeks ago I contacted Sony support via chat and they will not give me a refund so I can reorder the $60 version. What a rip to the original, day one players who prordered the expansion early early.

Except for when you want to take off a PS+ game from your account so you can purchase it for life haha they'll be more than happy to do that! So yea, definitely try to at least transfer it to PS4

DocSeuss

Love you guys, but sorry to wet blanket.
Almost all of this is fan fiction mixed with some hopes gleaned from ViDOCs from when Destiny was in development infancy in the forever ago.

E.g., That was literally never a plan for VOG. I wrote the high level story for Vault (Kabr, Praedyth), named the armor sets/AI/bosses and wrote the weapon/armor descriptions and gave that to the writers who wrote the deep lore for the Grimoire.

Yo, the Charlemagne's Vault thing was reported in the initial GameInformer reveal. I don't think they said you had to fight anyone named Charlemagne, but I do recall them saying Thorn dropped in Charlemagne's Vault. You saying they lied?

Random question - why are they only light 200 when they have nearly all legendary gear which on the last stream was shown as 280?

The blue artifact is 200.

Assuming the blue ghost is 200 as well that's 3*280 weapons plus 4*280 armour, plus a 280 bond, a 200 artifact and a 200 ghost. Total is 2640 or an average of 264 light...

We saw the artifact was 200 so, again assuming the weapons/armour were 280 that totals 2160 or 216 light, even if you assume the legendary bond and blue ghost contributed 0.

Edit - in fact Cozmo has a blue primary and still comes out at 200 light, with one more blue than everyone else...interesting...

NeOak

Yo, the Charlemagne's Vault thing was reported in the initial GameInformer reveal. I don't think they said you had to fight anyone named Charlemagne, but I do recall them saying Thorn dropped in Charlemagne's Vault. You saying they lied?
I think I threw away my copy of that issue

Noooooooo

He did say "almost all" so it's possible one or two of the things mentioned were true with the others being false.

OkayRene

Uh...what a waste !!

Get on the phone and talk to them. They'll give you a refund. I've gotten them even though they say it's against their policy.

GhaleonEB

Random question - why are they only light 200 when they have nearly all legendary gear which on the last stream was shown as 280?

Assuming the blue ghost is 200 as well that's 3*280 weapons plus 4*280 armour, plus a 280 bond, a 200 artifact and a 200 ghost. Total is 2640 or an average of 264 light...

We saw the artifact was 200 so, again assuming the weapons/armour were 280 that totals 2160 or 216 light, even if you assume the legendary bond and blue ghost contributed 0.

Legendary gear can span a large range. IIRC, they had ~200 damage weapons and 200 defense armor.

kidko

watched the stream on my phone so missed some details, but...

mr. fruit was dumb, but a great representation of the kind of randos you'll group with on matchmaking content.

the technical director did weird camera takes.. missing first person sword was bad, and hardly showing any hunter perspective (if any) was disappointing.

Daemul

The new grenade trees look lame, especially the Hunter. And now Warlocks have Arcbolt grenade, as if we need more of those.

The new grenades are shit, in every TTK video I've watched I don't think that I've seen them kill a single person, utter garbage.

Also Warlocks get Arcbolt grenades on top of a perk in their subclasses which chains lightning to nearby enemies.

That was the second skip. Fruit ran past all the adds, let Cosmo and Claude take them out, and then caught up with them after, there.

Ah. I see that now. What's funny is that he isn't talented/committed enough to actually complete the run past. Too many yellow bars. lol.

Doesn't have to ask for a refund though. Should ask to transfer purchase to the PS4 version. Usually if you are nice to them they are also nice to you. Also you can do a chat with them over the Internet without calling them.

Yea, I edited to include that part. Posting while not finished ftl. Doesn't hurt to ask

Kalamari

Perhaps different item slots have different Light weighting. For instance, weapons and armor may have a greater weighting in the average calculation than class items and artifacts.

edit: nvm

Top Bottom