• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Just came to say Nolan North's version sounds awful. WTF. For lack of a better term, he sounds like a pussy and now we're stuck with him. Thanks Bungie.

And I really like Nolan North. A swing & a miss on this one, though.

hydruxo

Cool but his voice is still in the video. He's still a personality and commentary or not his videos are shared and discussed here often.

So long as these people are prevalent in the Destiny community it's likely Bungie will continue to have them on their streams or involved as a way of including the community by representative.

I watched it for the gameplay, I didn't watch it for his voice/commentary. I don't expect Bungie to suddenly drop youtubers from their streams, it's just that I think their streams would benefit from having strictly the creators on there talking rather than having these community personalities there for humor. If anything, I wouldn't mind Datto being on a stream because at the very least he's knowledgable and would ask some good questions.

deoee

No worries, just leave me your psn :)
PSN:

1) deoee0
2) Liam_Croft
3) Ambitious
4) EroticSushi
5) XxYung_GUNNERZxX
7) Kaiotheforsaken

OK great!

If you could all add me: deoee0
Also if anyone needs the "do a raid with you clan" thing, join the Hawks (there is a link somewhere???).

I will invite you as soon as I'm ready :)

Deku Tree

GHorn would have melted that strike. They gotta leave it behind because it would make the new weapons look like garbage. I'm not gonna watch all the content in YouTube videos before I get to play it myself.

Cool but his voice is still in the video. He's still a personality and commentary or not his videos are shared and discussed here often.

So long as these people are prevalent in the Destiny community it's likely Bungie will continue to have them on their streams or involved as a way of including the community by representative.

personalities aren't inherently bad. but good look finding one who

-is knowledgeable about the game
-is skilled at it enough to teach others
-does not talk down on the rest of the community
-interacts and plays with the community
-is calm and well spoken and not obnoxious
-produces content regularly
-does not let popularity get to their head

Just came to say Nolan North's version sounds awful. WTF. For lack of a better term, he sounds like a pussy and now we're stuck with him. Thanks Bungie.

It's a little bitty robot did you really expect it to sound like some meathead?

rNilla

I watched it for the gameplay, I didn't watch it for his voice/commentary. I don't expect Bungie to suddenly drop youtubers from their streams, it's just that I think their streams would benefit from having strictly the creators on there talking rather than having these community personalities there for humor. If anything, I wouldn't mind Datto being on a stream because at the very least he's knowledgable and would ask some good questions.

I don't disagree, well with excluding personalities anyway, I just thought it was funny that we're complaining about having personalities in general while we very much support them.

English has over a million words. More than any other language. There are better words to choose here.

hydruxo

I don't disagree, well with excluding personalities anyway, I just thought it was funny that we're complaining about having personalities in general while we very much support them.

I don't really consider watching a gameplay video once as 'supporting' someone, but call it what you will.

I'm pretty sure Mr Fruit is all of those except skilled enough to teach others. I don't know that but if I was streaming to 250,000 I would also be a bit nervous, so I think he did a pretty good job. It wasn't like he was previewing entirely new core components of the game, which keep in mind they had no guests for. This weeks stream was simply a marketing hype for the release in a few weeks.

Lnkn52

Sounded alot like you were describing Dr. Drizzay minus the bold.

ocean

Banned

Triple is great, they should bring him back for PvP stuff. Other highly skilled players I feel wouldn't suit an event of this format. Like forget outright negative guys like Wish.

I could picture War - whose stream I enjoy - missing a shot to s rolling Hunter and being like "oh my god whaaat? Rest in peace Bungie I'm done man" :p

Datto and dudes at Planet Destiny for PvE and Triple in PvP meet these criteria.

darthbob

Seems to be an equippable item that adds some specific buff (sort of an exotic-lite sort of thing, as I understand it); it's non-cosmetic though.

Ugh.... that's so dumb. With a name like Radegast's Blade you'd think it'd appear somewhere on your character.

its appears to be just an extra class item. no cosmetics. just adds light and a static ability. thats all I saw. maybe there will be more but thats pretty much it.

Boo!

Semi off topic but I almost bought an avermedia live gamer extreme card but found out it only works with Windows. I have a Mac laptop and a Windows PC that's on the opposite side of the house.

I need to wait for a new solution, or run a 100 foot HDMI cable across my house.

Tecnniqe

Banned
CNW7klEUkAAHfoU.jpg:large

vctor182

GHorn would have melted that strike. They gotta leave it behind because it would make the new weapons look like garbage. I'm not gonna watch all the content in YouTube videos before I get to play it myself.

I'm afraid a lot of us are going to be very upset because of that move. It really was a dick move to leave GHorn behind

Tjamato88

Fuck my life, I accidentally pre ordered the PS3 version of TTK via PS store. It's from a NA PSN account so no refunds because that's how NA PSN is.

Uh...what a waste !!
Chat with one of the PS Customer Service reps! I did that with The Evil Within and they were able to refund my money.

stb

Think I'm perfectly fine with letting this one go. Is there anything else I don't get other than the year one emblem?

NO. You, too, must suffer. It's a hazing ritual that will ultimately bring us closer together as a group. If you don't do it this week, it's just gonna be worse next week. Don't make this harder on yourself.

Love it! Glad I could be of assistance! Looking back it was still enjoyable and was a rush to finally clear it. I'm happy science was able to join us so part of our group could help you finally clear it! Good times. Definitely need some RL very soon; haven't played in almost two weeks now.

That sounds like quite a bit of fun! Despite a few bad wipes and a poor strategic call or two on my part, I still found the run to be rewarding and quite exhilarating at the end. I do have to get better at Huntering though. Since the class is relatively new to me, all the invis tricks aren't quite second nature for me yet.

I'm really glad my schedule cleared up and I was able to join the run and finish (thanks Drizz for being willing to tag in!). All in all a nice way to cap off Year 1 and I can't wait for more of the same in Year 2.

Though that reminds me, Grip! We need to get you a Skolas kill too!

I think you two are suffering some sort of PTSD where your subconscious has erased the torture from last night and replaced it with happy memories because you wouldn't be able to cope, otherwise.

It was certainly a MEMORABLE way to cap off year 1, and I'm glad it was with guys from the group.

See above, though, science. GRIP's trying to get out of doing Skolas. We need to force/shame him into doing it, and spyder into doing a clan raid. NO MAN LEFT BEHIND. GRIP, you're roughly 30x better than me at this game; you'll have an easier time with it than I did. You don't really want to live with the knowledge that *I* did something in the game that you didn't (couldn't?), do you? DO YOU?

I think you've entered into Legendary status with this write-up. The weekly summary ones were always awesome, this one is on another level.

Well, I have been informed that I am, in fact, not only Legend, but a Lord amongst guardians. I'm glad you liked it, though. =)

Lol, that was a fantastic write up Berried. Glad you got it done, and can't wait to jump into the TTK madness with you guys.

Thanks! I'm glad it's over with, and am really looking forward to TTK and year 2 with the crew. The closer we get to TTK, the more I'm leaning toward taking at least Tuesday off...

zewone

I'll just Nolanbeyond on his interpretation of the "Oh we slayed a Gate Lord."

Dinklage's choice to turn into a sassy, hip grabbing, finger wagging woman at this line was always the strangest.
zWVbK.gif

I also hope I don't have to turn down my speakers during the Archon Priest any longer.

"A CELL..FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS"
LLShC.gif

darthbob

Wait, didn't everyone used to hate Dinklebot? And now we're gonna miss him?

I hate Dinklebot and I hate Nolanbot.

The issue isn't even with the actors, it's with the vocal direction and the lines that they have to work with.

There is no live chat available...atleast not anymore

Yeah there is, but it's a pain in the ass to find.

Click on the Chat link on this page: https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/Requesting-a-Refund

Triple is great, they should bring him back for PvP stuff. Other highly skilled players I feel wouldn't suit an event of this format. Like forget outright negative guys like Wish.

I could picture War - whose stream I enjoy - missing a shot to s rolling Hunter and being like "oh my god whaaat? Rest in peace Bungie I'm done man" :p

Datto and dudes at Planet Destiny for PvE and Triple in PvP meet these criteria.

I like Datto alot, his challenge videos are some of the best on Destiny. Also Planet Destiny is also really good. Triple is ridiculously good. his streams are just as obnoxious as Goths or Bromans though. And I dont mind those streams, but I dont know triple gets a pass when Goth and Broman does not.

Top Bottom