• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

zewone

Dinklage was terrible. His performance is so phoned in. Maybe it was the lines or they directed him to be so blah, but whatever it was, it wasn't good.

EDIT: Top of the Page.

After my first VoG normal clear and my chatterwhite and Monte Carlo rewards from Atheon
tLXTxCk.jpg

Namikaze1

Solar Nightfall is gonna be a pain in the ass with this new strike. I already know I'm going to die a lot from Valus Mau'ual's smash attack in a solar burn nightfall.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's called a Twitch group which I'm already part of one or two.

DGAF is too small to form a twitch group.

Hard VOG and IB later tonight.

Dave_6

I think you two are suffering some sort of PTSD where your subconscious has erased the torture from last night and replaced it with happy memories because you wouldn't be able to cope, otherwise.

It was certainly a MEMORABLE way to cap off year 1, and I'm glad it was with guys from the group.

The closer we get to TTK, the more I'm leaning toward taking at least Tuesday off...

LOL, no PTSD here. I had an awful day yesterday and that was a nice way to take my mind off of it. It had it's frustrating moments obviously but in the end it was a nice rush and overall fun time.

I'm taking that Tuesday and Wednesday off :)

Guys anyone know if the

Taking king Digital CE year one is available on PSN?
This one has all the CE stuff but not HoW and TDB DLC.

Cant find it anywhere.

The only Taken king I find on PSN are:
Digital CE that has the dark below and HoW.
Legendary Edition also includes Dark below and HoW
Taken king that has non of the CE items with it.

ich00

If we started a stream we could do great stuff. Awesome ideas follow....

This sounds like a great idea! Is it even possible to get going tho? I feel like a lot of the mentioned people already stream in one way or another, is it difficult to just stick it under one account on twitch?

NeOak

It's called a Twitch group which I'm already part of one or two.

DGAF is too small to form a twitch group.
All we need is Math to stream with a webcam and camera zoomed in on her chest area and you'll see the subs rolling in!

LTWood12

Wall o' text

Loved reading this stb. So glad you guys got it done! From what I read, it sounds like you guys play the encounter much more agressively than I do. We have no intention of breaking the bonds right out of the gate. If Skolas gets remotely close we get the hell out of dodge. It can make the whole thing take longer, but overall it's a lot less stressful. Also, not having a Warlock in the group made it tougher. Having a warlock that can die to the essence and then self-res if needed to reset the timer is a big help.

All the same, Congratulations!

nOoblet16

I haven't seen Goth or Broman ever so I don't know. When I've seen triple playing it's always PvP and he looks like he's having a fun time while also interacting with the crazy amount of viewers. I just don't feel he's acting some sort of cringey persona, just playing and having fun.

If we started a stream we could do great stuff. I'd love an account where our resident Sherpas could do their thing without feeling the commitment of being there every day. You could have Drizzay doing his newb Skolas runs one day and Zoba wrecking fools the next. Hawkian doing the best noob Raids in the game, and Unstable/Rubenov et al taking anyone with a pulse to Mercury. Dutch destruction, Kadey's silent commanding presence, NGAW reset shenanigans, Nami/Todd et al's concept events (NLB VoG or Hawkmoon Raids), Falifax casually destroying people, and I'm probably forgetting so many.

This community is pretty damn big and we're always doing stuff. Regular groups, random pubs, we do everything here.

Most of these things are streamed anyways, but an account which can host any of these when they're goin on would be nice so I can always easily find which GAFer is doing something.

This probably isn't practical at all but it just sounds like it'd be fun. The Mythocast Stream. But dreams are just dreams.

I personally think that a team effort at streaming could bring great success. With 4-5 people streaming interchangeably so that the channel is up most of the time. Then the guys involved can have a schedule, i.e. something like PvP weekend where the PvP player/players plays, or Raid mondays etc etc. And people would already know who will be steraming on which day as there will be a schedule.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Guys anyone know if the

Cant find it anywhere.

TTK digital CE has all destiny content released. There are no versions with split content (purposefully made that way) other than those people who bought base game + season pass (1&2 dlc) + taken King separately. Currently there isn't a bundle on the psn store that doesn't have all the content.

daedalius

That first mission video was great, can't wait to play it.

Also, Datto's video of the strike was much better than the stream.

I think the artifact is just like a trinket (in WoW terms), just another equip-able item that doesn't show up on your character. They range, in WoW, from earrings, to vials of monster blood, to talismans.

Dinklage was terrible. His performance is so phoned in. Maybe it was the lines or they directed him to be so blah, but whatever it was, it wasn't good.

Yup, that was my issue with him too. Complete lack of enthusiasm. Sounds like he recorded everything in one session.

zewone

Guys anyone know if the

Cant find it anywhere.

These are your TTK options (way too many IMO):

ocean

Banned
I personally think that a team effort at streaming could bring great success. With 4-5 people streaming interchangeably so that the channel is up most of the time. Then the guys involved can have a schedule, i.e. something like PvP weekend where the PvP player/players plays, or Rain mondays etc etc.
I don't know how Twitch works from the broadcaster side, I just watch stuff. I also don't know who here would be comfortable setting up a schedule (of course even a schedule wouldn't be strict the way a job is :p). But it just feels like there's so many talented people here that there are enough skilled hands to go around.

Again, I have no clue whether this is something that could be done non-awkwardly in the platform, whether it's something our streamers would find cool to sign up on, and finally whether it's something people would like to see (maybe they like having a single figure who's on every day to follow and not varied group?).

It's not even something I put a lot of thought into :p just off the top of my head thinking about the "personalities", I feel many of our peers here are as likable, knowledgeable, and skilled at different or even multiple facets of the game as any of the big ones - usually more so, actually.

phen0m24

EDIT: Top of the Page.

After my first VoG normal clear and my chatterwhite and Monte Carlo rewards from Atheon

Totally agree with Zew. He mailed that in.

"They're coming for the sword. "
"I hope you're rrrrready!"

Barf

At boss on weekly

Need one more. join on jayforone

I approve of this non-clique-y post. :)

Theorry

Through The Fire: How Destiny's First Year Shaped The Future

You probably have an opinion on Destiny. Since the game's launch last September, the game has amassed a thriving community and a handful of vocal detractors. One take-away from our trip to Bungie for our September cover story is how plugged in the studio is to both the community's criticism and praise of the Destiny experience. We spoke to the lead developers of Destiny about their experience launching the game last year and dealing with the highs and lows of the feedback. Stay tuned toward the end of the video to see new gameplay footage and learn how lessons from the first year of the game have informed Destiny: The Taken King.

Watch the video feature below to learn about what it's been like inside the halls of Bungie for the last year.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Quite a honest vid i must say. They dont stick their heads in the sand. Wich offcourse would be very stupid.

The $20 DLC thing that contains all the CE stuff for those who didn't ordered the CE (digital or physical) isn't available for sale yet. Don't know why.

hmm from that photo above I thought it was already a complete package that you could buy..not having to buy the extra goodies afterwards.

Fucking bungie, how can they make this shit so complicated haha

rNilla

Some quick research:

We would need someone who is a Twitch Partner:

Twitch Partner

Then we could form a Twitch Team:

Twitch Team

I don't think we have anyone who qualifies as a partner here, do we?

This seems more complicated than what ocean was suggesting, unless I am misunderstanding. One DGAF Twitch account to rule them all seems like it would be simpler (from a viewer perspective) but I'm guessing you probably can't use it across multiple PSNs.

So 80 dollars to get the digital CE but none of the trinkets that come with it, doesn't seem worth it.

I want to get the shader, but not sure if I want to pay 80 dollars for it. Since I switched consoles, I'll have to purchase year one regardless.

phen0m24

I smell a voice impersonation segment. Has your name written all over it.

I just want to play and do goofy voices while I
die
complete the missions.

This seems more complicated than what ocean was suggesting, unless I am misunderstanding. One DGAF Twitch account to rule them all seems like it would be simpler (from a viewer perspective) but I'm guessing you probably can't use it across multiple PSNs.

GAF streamer house

So 80 dollars to get the digital CE but none of the trinkets that come with it, doesn't seem worth it.

I want to get the shader, but not sure if I want to pay 80 dollars for it. Since I switched consoles, I'll have to purchase year one regardless.

As a Glenn, this gaf handle pleases me. :)
missing an "N" though

EL CUCO

During the
Tank
fight, all I could think about was how Black Hammer in its glory days would devour that thing. Rip BH

Top Bottom