• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

kidko

I always liked Dinklebot but had a hard time not picturing Tyrion Lannister on the other end of a voice comm. At least with northbot it doesn't really sound exactly like anyone else. Was afraid it would sound like Nathan Drake or something.

Anyone wants to join me and my friend for a nice HM raid? Probably gonna do VOG, but we are open to change that to CE.

1. Marco_Tovarich (PSN)
2. Kluster

hyp

any experienced Skolas assassins out there willing to help this first-timer get his Moment of Triumph?

PSN: hypoetical

i have a flexible schedule so I'm down at a moment's notice. just need someone to yell directions at me like a drill sergeant so I can get the job done :)

I like Datto alot, his challenge videos are some of the best on Destiny. Also Planet Destiny is also really good. Triple is ridiculously good. his streams are just as obnoxious as Goths or Bromans though. And I dont mind those streams, but I dont know triple gets a pass when Goth and Broman does not.

Because he doesn't yell, scream and act like he is 12 when invited by a company to promote their product?

its appears to be just an extra class item. no cosmetics. just adds light and a static ability. thats all I saw. maybe there will be more but thats pretty much it.

Funny cuz now the averaging will be even more smoothed

Maybe Dattos video about the 5% theory no longer holds water

We will have to see how the math plays out but id hold on to some of your favorite guns just in case

EL CUCO

Nolandroid>Dinklebot

He's giving me some 343 guilty spark vibes.

The "Guardian down" sounds a little weird, but I think it's because we've heard Dinkelbot say it a gazillion times that we're used to it.

Werd

So I bought TTK and am going ahead and playing the base game for the first time. I know there are modes with level advantages disabled, but will all the exotics special abilities and such still put me at a major disadvantage? Does the matchmaking account for that?

Good to know, was that actually demonstrated in the stream? I'll check out the archive when I can..any new reveals?

looks like it, they were pretty much using primaries and secondaries, and the boss seemed to be taking reasonable damage.
Ghorn would have ended it pretty quickly.
Ghorn ruining good design confirmed. Glad its gone

darthbob

Guys Eris Morn is so totally going to go full tooken in the Taken king. We will probably fight he in the raid as a mini boss.

I would love to fight an ex-Guardian as a Raid boss.

They'd need to get the sense of 'epicness' right though, you can't just have us fight someone who looks like every person we've ever killed in the Crucible ever.

So I bought TTK and am going ahead and playing the base game for the first time. I know there are modes with level advantages disabled, but will all the exotics special abilities and such still put me at a major disadvantage? Does the matchmaking account for that?

That matchmaking does not account for that and the Crucible is pretty rubbish at the moment with Thorn/Last Word and shotguns, so you might be at a slight disadvantage. However that will hopefully be resolved in a few weeks when they patch some stuff.

I would love to fight an ex-Guardian as a Raid boss.

They'd need to get the sense of 'epicness' right though, you can't just have us fight someone who looks like every person we've ever killed in the Crucible ever.

Yeah she would have to grow wings and stuff and grow to a larger size or something to make it more exciting.

Dinklebot > Nolandroid

Nolan's sass is good but the pitch is too high. I NEED MORE BASS!

It sounds like they don't have all the effects on his voice either.

looks like it, they were pretty much using primaries and secondaries, and the boss seemed to be taking reasonable damage.
Ghorn would have ended it pretty quickly.
Ghorn ruining good design confirmed. Glad its gone

It's very obvious that if Gjallarhorn was usable in that strike, it would wreck shop.

Anyone wants to join me and my friend for a nice VOG HM raid?

1. Marco_Tovarich (PSN)
2. Kluster
3. Bitmap
4. aanx10uss lvl 33 hunter
5. el_guzio lvl 31 warlock
6. Dural?

I think we are full now!

ocean

Banned
I like Datto alot, his challenge videos are some of the best on Destiny. Also Planet Destiny is also really good. Triple is ridiculously good. his streams are just as obnoxious as Goths or Bromans though. And I dont mind those streams, but I dont know triple gets a pass when Goth and Broman does not.
I haven't seen Goth or Broman ever so I don't know. When I've seen triple playing it's always PvP and he looks like he's having a fun time while also interacting with the crazy amount of viewers. I just don't feel he's acting some sort of cringey persona, just playing and having fun.

If we started a stream we could do great stuff. I'd love an account where our resident Sherpas could do their thing without feeling the commitment of being there every day. You could have Drizzay doing his newb Skolas runs one day and Zoba wrecking fools the next. Hawkian doing the best noob Raids in the game, and Unstable/Rubenov et al taking anyone with a pulse to Mercury. Dutch destruction, Kadey's silent commanding presence, NGAW reset shenanigans, Nami/Todd et al's concept events (NLB VoG or Hawkmoon Raids), Falifax casually destroying people, and I'm probably forgetting so many.

This community is pretty damn big and we're always doing stuff. Regular groups, random pubs, we do everything here.

Most of these things are streamed anyways, but an account which can host any of these when they're goin on would be nice so I can always easily find which GAFer is doing something.

This probably isn't practical at all but it just sounds like it'd be fun. The Mythocast Stream. But dreams are just dreams.

darthbob

I haven't seen Goth or Broman ever so I don't know. When I've seen triple playing it's always PvP and he looks like he's having a fun time while also interacting with the crazy amount of viewers. I just don't feel he's acting some sort of cringey persona, just playing and having fun.

If we started a stream we could do great stuff. I'd love an account where our resident Sherpas could do their thing without feeling the commitment of being there every day. You could have Drizzay doing his newb Skolas runs one day and Zoba wrecking fools the next. Hawkian doing the best noob Raids in the game, and Unstable/Rubenov et al taking anyone with a pulse to Mercury. Dutch destruction, Kadey's silent commanding presence, NGAW reset shenanigans, Nami/Todd et al's concept events (NLB VoG or Hawkmoon Raids), Falifax casually destroying people, and I'm probably forgetting so many.

This community is pretty damn big and we're always doing stuff. Regular groups, random pubs, we do everything here.

Most of these things are streamed anyways, but an account which can host any of these when they're goin on would be nice so I can always easily find which GAFer is doing something.

This probably isn't practical at all but it just sounds like it'd be fun. The Mythocast Stream. But dreams are just dreams.

Sounds like you want a StreamerHouse setup, but like a StreamerForum instead.

I think what is going on here is Bungie's writing is just not that great to begin with, regardless of the voice actor. *shrugs*

I think it's more the audio direction. Nolan is probably being "coached" on cadence, accent, etc.

Further, whoever is doing the post-processing on his voice could be doing a better job.

MrMuscle

All the youtubers (datto, MesaSean, Planetdestiny etc) are putting up videos of the strike and the first story mission for those that want to see it.

Lnkn52

Wow, that is a great idea. You have the schedule all set up.

someday

Banned
Wait, didn't everyone used to hate Dinklebot? And now we're gonna miss him?
I was never one to complain about Dinklebot. In fact, I always just pictured him as my own personal Tyrion Lannister and enjoyed it. I'm fine with them replacing him since they said it was due to scheduling stuff, but honestly Nolanbot sounds too much like C3PO. Dinklebot had personality even when he was awkward.

rNilla

Now this I like.

Legendary gear can span a large range. IIRC, they had ~200 damage weapons and 200 defense armor.

A few pages too late - but thanks!

That's different to now..isn't it? I don't remember the old old days, although I've played since day 1, but legendaries have only ever had two values haven't they? "normal" tier and "raid" tier?

Or did they only originally have one level and then we got two levels with the first expansion?

Anyway ranging from 200 up to 290 sounds quite a large range, but we have no idea what they really translates into.

Also interesting that 200 gear isn't far off the 170 gear we'll have to start with...they can't fit whole tiers of white/green/blue inside that narrow a range so they must overlap quite a bit.

Maybe you're meant to prefer a 200 legendary over a green because you'll get more perks....

Top Bottom