• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ich00

This seems more complicated than what ocean was suggesting, unless I am misunderstanding. One DGAF Twitch account to rule them all seems like it would be simpler (from a viewer perspective) but I'm guessing you probably can't use it across multiple PSNs.

Yea I'm not too well versed in the in's and out's of twitch streaming, however I have seen streamers streaming other streamers streams (say that 5 times fast).

Maybe something like that is an option? Make a DGaf account, and someone can use that to broadcast streams?

stb

LOL, no PTSD here. I had an awful day yesterday and that was a nice way to take my mind off of it. It had it's frustrating moments obviously but in the end it was a nice rush and overall fun time.

I'm taking that Tuesday and Wednesday off :)

I'm glad the run was respite/recovery from a shitty day. Hope it's going better today.

I'm probably around tonight if you wanna do some mindless stuff like RL or stack 5k bounties, pe, edge factions.

darthbob

CNXH4gZWEAADejT.png:large

Looks pretty.

darknil

Quick question,

I'm re-preparing for Skolas teaching to a couple of friends to see if I'm able to help people out here. As I posted earlier I got devastated on Round 4 (VIP), I just saw that Dead Orbit is selling an Arc shotgun, would it be worthwhile to buy it and give it an etheric light?

Also, I don't remember if you can put an atheric light to a weapon that does not have all the perks still active.

stb

Loved reading this stb. So glad you guys got it done! From what I read, it sounds like you guys play the encounter much more agressively than I do. We have no intention of breaking the bonds right out of the gate. If Skolas gets remotely close we get the hell out of dodge. It can make the whole thing take longer, but overall it's a lot less stressful. Also, not having a Warlock in the group made it tougher. Having a warlock that can die to the essence and then self-res if needed to reset the timer is a big help.

All the same, Congratulations!

Thanks; glad you liked the prose version of the encounter.

Yeah, it was a lot more frenzied/hectic/aggressive than I anticipated. I was literally physically exhausted at the end of it, zero hyperbole. I'd be interested to see a video of your style.

Warlock is a good call. Science said isn't used to running it Hunter, so maybe he uses Warlock more? I only have my titan at 34 so I was using him, and Dave had a cipher on his Titan, hence our makeup.

Dave_6

I'm glad the run was respite/recovery from a shitty day. Hope it's going better today.

I'm probably around tonight if you wanna do some mindless stuff like RL or stack 5k bounties, pe, edge factions.

It's a little better but not a whole lot. That's life though.

I'm up for either or both. I'm still trying to get some weapons and armor leveled up so I've been running a lot of bounties every night.

XAL

Love you guys, but sorry to wet blanket.
Almost all of this is fan fiction mixed with some hopes gleaned from ViDOCs from when Destiny was in development infancy in the forever ago.

E.g., That was literally never a plan for VOG. I wrote the high level story for Vault (Kabr, Praedyth), named the armor sets/AI/bosses and wrote the weapon/armor descriptions and gave that to the writers who wrote the deep lore for the Grimoire.

What about the Queen's brother traveling with you to the Venus Archive to loot it?

Deku Tree

"Master Chief itself is a cool character. But like my guardian is like way fucking cooler than the Chief 'cause he's mine." - Mark Noseworthy

LTWood12

Thanks; glad you liked the prose version of the encounter.

Yeah, it was a lot more frenzied/hectic/aggressive than I anticipated. I was literally physically exhausted at the end of it, zero hyperbole. I'd be interested to see a video of your style.

Warlock is a good call. Science said isn't used to running it Hunter, so maybe he uses Warlock more? I only have my titan at 34 so I was using him, and Dave had a cipher on his Titan, hence our makeup.

For reference, here's the last 10 minutes of our run last night. As you can see, we spend a lot of time running around. We like getting every single add off of the field, and Skolas' health down to right before he spawns ads before burning him the final time.

http://www.twitch.tv/ltwood12/v/12829004

as a bonus, you can hear me get salty at around 10:45 for how scrubby my stats were. Then I sing Superman by Five for Fighting at 14:20; so it's fun for the whole family.

ocean

Banned
Quick question,

I'm re-preparing for Skolas teaching to a couple of friends to see if I'm able to help people out here. As I posted earlier I got devastated on Round 4 (VIP), I just saw that Dead Orbit is selling an Arc shotgun, would it be worthwhile to buy it and give it an etheric light?

Also, I don't remember if you can put an atheric light to a weapon that does not have all the perks still active.
You can ascend any Legendary weapon or armor, regardless of upgrade status. With HoW, all weapons sold by vendors are re rollable so you can get a good roll and element in any of them.

The absolute best would be Found Verdict or 4th Horseman, but failing that there are a few standout options on sale. Judgment VI sold by New Monarchy is excellent; roll it for Arc and maybe Full Auto (very useful in PvE) and you have a winner. Party Crasher +1, which drops randomly from any Crucible playlist, is another good option. Felwinter's and Matador 64 are a tad too slow for my liking.

Having a Titan with the Helm of St. 14 isn't indispensable but it helps a ton. Otherwise, spec your bubble for Armor of Light instead of Blessing. You'll be attacked inside the bubble, but with Armor it's pretty hard to get killed. Camp the door with an Armor bubble and shotguns out, and you'll be fine! On the second round remember the VIP Target is actually the third captain to leave the door so you need to work fast at clearing those to be ready for the big guy.

I'm sure it's been said a lot before..but it still niggles me that the Tower is this weird thing floating in space rather than a destination on Earth.

It's much easier to use this way...but....

New map looks awesome anyway

Great video, really shows how much Bungie is really taking in our feedback. Was crazy seeing DeeJ recite some of the hate he gets. Looking at it now, that may be why they brought Cozmo in for weekly updates. Let DeeJ being the Point man/ Marketing/Trade show guy (nobody stays on message like DeeJ). Let Cozmo speak to the community. And I always love seeing Urk.

Very encouraging to see all that and how they're aware and deliberately figuring out ways they need to change from their Halo days.

Rock on, Bungie.

stb

For reference, here's the last 10 minutes of our run last night. As you can see, we spend a lot of time running around. We like getting every single add off of the field, and Skolas' health down to right before he spawns ads before burning him the final time.

as a bonus, you can hear me get salty at around 10:45 for how scrubby my stats were. Then I sing Superman by Five for Fighting at 14:20; so it's fun for the whole family.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

|OT 29| Way fucking cooler than Master Chief. (or OT 28 instead if MC)

Pretty interesting video. I'm mad I saw spoiler missions. And Im not a fan of reuse but oh well.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I like it, but I know some aren't big fans of a mouse/pointer controller in a console game.

I was referring more to the aesthetics and design. Usability is still better than most console games I've played in a long time though.

Gordon

Dinklage was terrible. His performance is so phoned in. Maybe it was the lines or they directed him to be so blah, but whatever it was, it wasn't good.

EDIT: Top of the Page.

After my first VoG normal clear and my chatterwhite and Monte Carlo rewards from Atheon
I really enjoy Dinklage's performance. He really gives the impression that there's a lot more to the story that you're not supposed to know, and alludes to the less-than-savoury ethics of the traveller and guardians. On patrols when he says things like, "I wonder what our friends are going to do with these" it feels so delightfully ominous. The whole traveller-being-evil plot might be a tad on the nose, but it's compelling. Makes me want to delve into the traveller in a DLC and pick it apart. Maybe have Destiny 2 or 3 take place from one of the alien races' perspectives.

ocean

Banned
Bungie UI >>>>>>

except their website. i dunno what the hell happened there
Considering the amount of I do they need to cram:

Weapons
Armor
Stats on Int/Dis/Str
Marks
Glimmer
Rep with over a half dozen groups
Bounties
Friends list
Settings
Cosmetics

I think the menu in Destiny is freaking genius. So much functionality without looking cluttered.

Yep. Taking it slow is the key. We never damage Skolas at all if there are any adds up.

I ran it last night too with a total newb. We got into position for the final burn, but we had sprinted there having only just recovered from a death and a near-miss taint exchange. All the adds were down, we could have burned, but I was a little jittery, so we just waited and did a rotation. So everyone was calm and primed for that burn.

There's no time limit to Skolas and when adds are down, there's no pressure. It gets hard to remember that, though if you've wiped more than one or twice, though.

Considering the amount of I do they need to cram:

Weapons
Armor
Stats on Int/Dis/Str
Marks
Glimmer
Rep with over a half dozen groups
Bounties
Friends list
Settings
Cosmetics

I think the menu in Destiny is freaking genius. So much functionality without looking cluttered.

Its also missing stuff, like the grimoire.

Its also missing stuff, like the grimoire.

This baffles me. I'm at my console to play Destiny, to shoot guys with my friends. Not to read tiny text from my couch. I can read grimoire when I'm not playing in a better format (phone, web). For me, grimoire cards not being in the game isn't the problem. The problem is that all of the story and characters are in those cards. They've been fixing that and Taken King looks to fix that in a big way.

But different strokes for different folks.

Top Bottom