• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

nOoblet16

Anyone else feels that the whole "Taken are a new enemy" was a whole load of shit ?

The enemies all just seem like a reskinned version of what we've been fighting for a year with one extra ability each.

Lee

Game Informer video was great. Bungie has so many great people working there.

I hope people who left at 20 or before Expansion 1 come back and give it a shot. So much has improved. It's also funny that if these people came back now, I'm sure a few have really great guns sitting in their vaults that people can't get any more. Unfortunately they won't be really great guns on 9/15, which is when a lot of these people will come back.

Like ten thousand knives when all you need is a spoon, I tell ya.

rNilla

This baffles me. I'm at my console to play Destiny, to shoot guys with my friends. Not to read tiny text from my couch. I can read grimoire when I'm not playing in a better format (phone, web). For me, grimoire cards not being in the game isn't the problem. The problem is that all of the story and characters are in those cards. They've been fixing that and Taken King looks to fix that in a big way.

But different strokes for different folks.

Yeah if it's not in the game I don't really care about it. Even then, if it's a lengthy audio log or codex I won't bother.

The audio tape thing in MGSV kind of bums me out but we'll see how it goes when I play.

So spoilers from the new game informer video:

I noticed we'll be going into the Crota Raid encounter spaces in TTK, pretty cool.

I think they're doing that since many people didn't get to see those spaces. Also, recycling is good for the environment
artists

Anyone else feels that the whole "Taken are a new enemy" was a whole load of shit ?

The enemies all just seem like a reskinned version of what we've been fighting for a year with one extra ability each.

They didn't look like a big deal in the Strike, but I can't say much else until I fight them.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
This is so appropriate.

d3RohlW.jpg

darthbob

Eh, they're technically a new enemy, but certainly not a new race or anything like that.

I wanna see the race who did those creepy black triangle ships (its xur for sure)

I am at work and haven't been able to watch alot of video. what has been released today so I can watch when I get home?
Archived strike video
some gameinformer video
Datto doing Super Shield Bros.
Planet Destiny doing a story mission

Anything else, or did I misunderstand what was posted already

darknil

You can ascend any Legendary weapon or armor, regardless of upgrade status. With HoW, all weapons sold by vendors are re rollable so you can get a good roll and element in any of them.

The absolute best would be Found Verdict or 4th Horseman, but failing that there are a few standout options on sale. Judgment VI sold by New Monarchy is excellent; roll it for Arc and maybe Full Auto (very useful in PvE) and you have a winner. Party Crasher +1, which drops randomly from any Crucible playlist, is another good option. Felwinter's and Matador 64 are a tad too slow for my liking.

Having a Titan with the Helm of St. 14 isn't indispensable but it helps a ton. Otherwise, spec your bubble for Armor of Light instead of Blessing. You'll be attacked inside the bubble, but with Armor it's pretty hard to get killed. Camp the door with an Armor bubble and shotguns out, and you'll be fine! On the second round remember the VIP Target is actually the third captain to leave the door so you need to work fast at clearing those to be ready for the big guy.

Oh, never thought that rerolling could change your damage type (for the ones that can be multiple), I actually have a void party crasher that I stopped using.

Yeah, the tian on my titan does not have the helm, but gonna try with the bubble, if not, hope for the best with shotty and running (no titan case)

This baffles me. I'm at my console to play Destiny, to shoot guys with my friends. Not to read tiny text from my couch. I can read grimoire when I'm not playing in a better format (phone, web). For me, grimoire cards not being in the game isn't the problem. The problem is that all of the story and characters are in those cards. They've been fixing that and Taken King looks to fix that in a big way.

But different strokes for different folks.

Codex from Mass Effect was a good solution though. That's exactly what the grimoire should have been. Also, the grimoire score and your 'bars to fill' (100 wins in rumble, 5000 kills with shotgun, etc) should have also been in game.

Yeah if it's not in the game I don't really care about it. Even then, if it's a lengthy audio log or codex I won't bother.

The audio tape thing in MGSV kind of bums me out but we'll see how it goes when I play.

yeah, im not really digging that. I always clicked on the audiologs and what not in the Bioshock series but never really listened to them. Im sure I wont really care for the cassette tapes either. Unless we randomly pick up some lonely high school kids mix tape to the girl of his dreams. and then another with a Date me plea, something silly. Im sure Kojima put something like that in the game.

I am at work and haven't been able to watch alot of video. what has been released today so I can watch when I get home?
Archived strike video
some gameinformer video
Datto doing Super Shield Bros.
Planet Destiny doing a story mission

Anything else, or did I misunderstand what was posted already

Nope - those 4 videos are it so far. Not sure if there will be other versions of the Datto video from other youtubers...

daedalius

Codex from Mass Effect was a good solution though. That's exactly what the grimoire should have been. Also, the grimoire score and your 'bars to fill' (100 wins in rumble, 5000 kills with shotgun, etc) should have also been in game.

Agreed, I loved the codex in mass effect.

Hey all,

I just got the DLCs yesterday with the digital Taken King Legendary Preorder. Played through everything yesterday and today (well besides the new raid). Really like that they made the strikes have a 'gate' so its not just running from point to point any longer.

A few questions:
Is there any reason to not spend my treasure keys if I have them? ie. should I, as a Level 32, be saving them for 34 PoE?
Once I get the armor core from 32 PoE can I give it to a different character and have it get the unlock? Is the armor core once per character or account based?
Everyone is rushing to get Skolas done just for the moment of triumph? This isn't some content I will never see past this year right?

If anyone is down to take a person through Crota for their first time let me know.
Thanks.

The strike looked decent, not blown away or anything. Skip random enemies, take down a tank from lots of cover, large arena with boss fight plus adds.

I'm glad the bosses are no longer bullet spongy and the final encounter was neat but I wouldn't call it a mechanic that required teamwork...

Hey all,

A few questions:
Is there any reason to not spend my treasure keys if I have them? ie. should I, as a Level 32, be saving them for 34 PoE?
Once I get the armor core from 32 PoE can I give it to a different character and have it get the unlock? Is the armor core once per character or account based?
Everyone is rushing to get Skolas done just for the moment of triumph? This isn't some content I will never see past this year right?

If anyone is down to take a person through Crota for their first time let me know.
Thanks.

1. Not really all the difficulties give the same rewards except Level 35 which is Skolas. His chest gives an emblem, ship and shader when you open it, so if you are planning to do him have one spare.

2. Yes you can they are not character bound.

3. Skolas should still be available after September 15th, the Moment of Triumphs are just a set of challenges that give you an emblem come TK, killing Skolas is one of them.

EDIT: https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/254/1769288 if you are interested in the Triumphs. You have 13 days to complete them.

Kyoufu

The strike looked decent, not blown away or anything. Skip random enemies, take down a tank from lots of cover, large arena with boss fight plus adds.

I'm glad the bosses are no longer bullet spongy and the final encounter was neat but I wouldn't call it a mechanic that required teamwork...

I mean, it's a level 36 Strike being done by level 40 Guardians. Wasn't exactly going to be taxing. It should get interesting in Nightfall/Heroic modes though.

1. Not really all the difficulties give the same rewards except Level 35 which is Skolas. His chest gives an emblem, ship and shader when you open it, so if you are planning to do him have one spare.

2. Yes you can they are not character bound.

3. Skolas should still be available after September 15th, the Moment of Triumphs are just a set of challenges that give you an emblem come TK, killing Skolas is one of them.

Alright thanks, I'll keep one key around then. I won't get to that until I hit the end of TTK I'd imagine.

Mindlog

Iron Lagger is killing Crucible with lag. Just trying to edge Crucible on my Warlock and Hunter. Got lucky and placed on a team of randoms that were passive enough to let me get kills, but proactive enough to defend a point after I moved forward.

Didn't even feel like my best game, but topped my high score. Should be back on the leaderboard of my brutal friend list.

Navy Bean

I just liked that it seemed quick and allowed you to run/jump around destroying stuff... It will be harder with burns but at least you don't have to hide behind a rock and shoot at a bullet sponge...

Hey all,

I just got the DLCs yesterday with the digital Taken King Legendary Preorder. Played through everything yesterday and today (well besides the new raid). Really like that they made the strikes have a 'gate' so its not just running from point to point any longer.

A few questions:

Thanks.

Spend keys whereever, the loot is the same from the big chest everywhere but poe 35. Save a key before you do that one, so you can get the shader and ship after killing Skolas.

Yes, you can swap armor cores between characters. The core reward works like raid rewards, once per week per character.

Yes, people are rushing for the triumph.

Shiv47

So Destiny-GAF, I got back into playing again after quitting last October, and I've gotten myself to level 32 (had quit at 28). Before TTK drops, I want to do the raids, as I never did them before, but is there any point in leveling anything else up, beyond for the hell of it? I don't have any exotic weapons to worry about (and I guess everything's getting surpassed anyway?), and getting my remaining armor pieces up to 42 seems unlikely. Just want to use my time wisely, I guess.

Hey all,

A few questions:

Thanks.

hey, welcome to DGAF!

No, you should spend your keys as you see fit. There is no difference in the big chest between level 28, 32, and 34 with the exception of a class item on 32 and 34.
The first time you open the chest on Skolas (PoE 35) you get a special ship, shader, and emblem. other than that all chests are identical.

Yes, by all means, you can put the armor core in the vault and give it to a lower level character.

Im not positive but I believe the moments of triumph ends very soon so everyone is rushing getting it done. Although I heard you have till December, but I could be mistaken

Im sure you can get some good folks to help you with Crota here! doesnt take very long anymore, bout 20-30 minutes

Hey all,

A few questions:

Thanks.

1. Opening the Queen's Chest for the first time on each character (no matter the difficulty) grants an exotic, after that first time the chance at an exotic is slim. In PoE28 and upwards it drops a Queen's Wrath weapon, 32 and upwards a class item and 35 a ship and emblem.

2. Yep. It's character based.

3. You'll be able to do Skolas after the 15th

Alright thanks, I'll keep one key around then. I won't get to that until I hit the end of TTK I'd imagine.

The first Queen's bounty completed per week in your account grants a Treasure Key.

If you aren't planning to do it for a while you may as well use them. You are guaranteed one key per week for the first wanted bounty you complete from Petra the Queen's Vendor in the reef.

True, but there is also the dynamic of the encounters.

For instance, right now if I load up a game and I come across a Wizard, I can be pretty certain that somewhere nearby is a group of Thralls, Acolytes, or Knights.

Now, I don't know. I may see a Wizard fighting me alongside a Psion, Captain, Hobgoblin, Shank, Colossus, Minotaur, etc...

See up until this point, we've only ever found enemies fighting along side their species, this combines the species into a sort of "super-faction" where they all fight along-side each other, and creates unique encounters for us.

On TOP of the new abilities.

Top Bottom