• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
1. Opening the Queen's Chest for the first time on each character (no matter the difficulty) grants an exotic, after that first time the chance at an exotic is slim. In PoE28 and upwards it drops a Queen's Wrath weapon, 32 and upwards a class item and 35 a ship and emblem.

2. Yep. It's character based.

3. You'll be able to do Skolas after the 15th

The first Queen's bounty completed per week in your account grants a Treasure Key.

I just got my first Queen's key from a friend and I completing the DLC. What's the best way for 2 people to get to the chests? Is it possible?

Lee

So Destiny-GAF, I got back into playing again after quitting last October, and I've gotten myself to level 32 (had quit at 28). Before TTK drops, I want to do the raids, as I never did them before, but is there any point in leveling anything else up, beyond for the hell of it? I don't have any exotic weapons to worry about (and I guess everything's getting surpassed anyway?), and getting my remaining armor pieces up to 42 seems unlikely. Just want to use my time wisely, I guess.

I would try to experience Trials of Osiris one weekend before it goes on a hiatus. Otherwise the only thing people are rushing to do before TTK is complete their Triumphs, which you can absolutely do considering you've already got the grindy stuff done: https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/2/4611686018429380227

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So Destiny-GAF, I got back into playing again after quitting last October, and I've gotten myself to level 32 (had quit at 28). Before TTK drops, I want to do the raids, as I never did them before, but is there any point in leveling anything else up, beyond for the hell of it? I don't have any exotic weapons to worry about (and I guess everything's getting surpassed anyway?), and getting my remaining armor pieces up to 42 seems unlikely. Just want to use my time wisely, I guess.
You've got it basically right- for the hell of it is the reason to level up whatever you choose to level. Just go with whatever sounds fun and don't worry about it if you don't feel like leveling something. We don't know quite how dramatic the difference will be, but all old gear is definitely getting obsoleted to some degree and getting your gear Light up won't be necessary to level up within the new system at all.

If you've never done the raids, I do weekly newbie raids on Thursday nights EST. Feel free to send me a PM (or keep your eyes peeled for signup posts) if you want more info.

If you aren't planning to do it for a while you may as well use them. You are guaranteed one key per week for the first wanted bounty you complete from Petra the Queen's Vendor in the reef.
Oh okay, I thought that was just a one time thing and I would have had to farm them in chests, good deal. Thanks for all the help everyone!

I just got my first Queen's key from a friend and I completing the DLC. What's the best way for 2 people to get to the chests? Is it possible?

If you are after the guaranteed exotic in the Queen's chest PoE28 will do, it's quite easy and has matchmaking so shouldn't have any problem finding a third. Otherwise you might want to find a third person for a PoE32 run: you'll get a shot at the Queen's chest and an armor core.

lol....

Hmm. I wonder how quickly we'll burn through 29 too. Maybe I should hold off for one more. We're flirting with 180pgs right now... if I have to get it done tonight it definitely won't be as good as it could be.

You're making the TTK thread, correct? It'll be in time for 30 for sure. Unless you're talking about OT29. I don't think OT 29 will be needed until tomorrow night at the earliest.

Some people on Reddit are calling the Shield brothers Blastoise and Charizard. I kind of like it, and so do other people.

I may use this in the future.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're making the TTK thread, correct? It'll be in time for 30 for sure. Unless you're talking about OT29. I don't think OT 29 will be needed until tomorrow night at the earliest.
Nah I'm not making any specific TTK thread, I wanted to make the OT that would be up and about when 2.0 patch/TTK hits. I was thinking that would be 29 but I expected 28 to last until Sept 1, which is just not gonna happen.

So I gotta decide whether 29 or 30 is the right call

lol....

Hmm. I wonder how quickly we'll burn through 29 too. Maybe I should hold off for one more. We're flirting with 180pgs right now... if I have to get it done tonight it definitely won't be as good as it could be.

According to my calculations, we'll finish this OT by tomorrow at around this time, maybe a bit later. OT 29 will start around our current speed but hit hyperspace speed next week with the stream and being a couple weeks from release.

R0ckman

I really enjoyed that Game Informer video. It really lays to rest that conspiracy stuff that gets spewed by the more loud audience, it seems like those are the guys that have played MMOs and have just been on so many rollercoasters with expansions and modifications to other online games that it has driven them insane and into a state of disgruntled-ness.

Nothing will beat Shrek and Fiona on CE, NOTHING!

As year 1 comes to an end, I hope to see Shrek v2 somewhere so I can throw hammers at him while he's stuck in a void Web.

Otherwise Phogoth will do.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
September 9th for some weird reason.
Oooooh.

P5V93no.png

Namikaze1

lol....

The stream will provide a good boost for OT29 but I expect OT to be slower than this one due to MGSV. I have a feeling some folks will be playing that till TTK launches. I know I'll be alternating between Destiny and it. I'll obviously be spending more time with MGSV. I say go for 29.

The stream will provide a good boost for OT29 but I expect OT to be slower than this one due to MGSV. I have a feeling some folks will be playing that till TTK launches. I know I'll be alternating between Destiny and it. I'll obviously be spending more time with MGSV. I say go for 29.

We'll burn through 29 before TTK, mainly because Patch 2.0.0 will come out the week prior.

Also, does anyone have a nice screencap of the new director from that latest Game Informer video?

Ambitious

Has anyone figured out how to do multiple selection in Tower Ghost? They seem to have changed something with the update earlier today; double click doesn't work anymore.

stb

snip

Could you be specific? It seems like it would benefit everyone. I guess at least PM a mod about what you mean if you won't post it?

Do I really have to go find the grouping posts where I was ignored because I wasn't close friends with posters to prove that what I said has merit? That's not going to serve any purpose whatsoever. I'm not interested in getting people to see that I was slighted by people I don't care about months ago, and I'm also not interested in proving a problem exists by calling people out.

It's a problem best stated generally, and people can take my post as prescriptive or ignore it.

I was reticent about replying so late, since it seems like this storm had passed, but if people have feelings about either feeling excluded or that it's even happening, I thought it was worth bringing it back up.

I'm paranoid that it's my reset-day raiding "early" and "late" team posts being referenced from a few months ago.

Are these what you're referencing, Reign? It's OK if you are. I mean, I'll feel bad, but I'd rather know if it is, so I can see if there's a better way to do it for when TTK starts.

Spoo

Updating my PS4, but after that's done I'd love to get in on some Crota's End NM action followed swiftly by HM if anyone is down to do both.

Anyone game? (or better yet need an extra)

I want to soo bad! but I know Bungie is going to have a week long event like the Wolves are prowling right before TTK launches and I wont have the time sadly. damn this addiction. Nami I wont be able to pull the page burner without you bro. dont get to wrapped up in Snakes fall from grace. im so conflicted. I need MGS5 in ma life!

Top Bottom