• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I want to soo bad! but I know Bungie is going to have a week long event like the Wolves are prowling right before TTK launches and I wont have the time sadly. damn this addiction. Nami I wont be able to pull the page burner without you bro. dont get to wrapped up in Snakes fall from grace. im so conflicted. I need MGS5 in ma life!

Well, I wonder if we'll get the new Dust Palace and Undying Mind strikes with 2.0.0 or 2.0.1?

That would be an interesting "event".

Plus, it would make sense to open those up to XBL users at that point.

Edit: TOTP

dfLd6HF.gif

Namikaze1

Don't worry. Rob, Ocean, and I shall take up the mantle.
Keep it warm for me. I'll be taking it back for OT30. :p

I think most are getting it, which means it'll still be on you lot :p
Hype is through the roof with that game.

I want to soo bad! but I know Bungie is going to have a week long event like the Wolves are prowling right before TTK launches and I wont have the time sadly. damn this addiction. Nami I wont be able to pull the page burner without you bro. dont get to wrapped up in Snakes fall from grace. im so conflicted. I need MGS5 in ma life!
I forgot about them possibly doing a Blades/Wolves event. Crap. Yeah, that'll bring me back sooner.

>.> i just realized i've been up for 24 hours.

i think i'm going to avoid spoilers for a change. even if the story mission is 5 minutes long i'd rather not watch somebody else play it this time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Depends a lot on Todd, Nami and co :p
hahaha true.
We'll burn through 29 before TTK, mainly because Patch 2.0.0 will come out the week prior.

Also, does anyone have a nice screencap of the new director from that latest Game Informer video?
Yeah. I guess I can spend a good bit of time tonight working on it and it'll be fine for tomorrow. I could do 30 as well if it's that fast unless there's any objection on Bog drizzity guester's part.

I wish I knew what was coming in 2.0.0 versus TTK release. Is the Light vs. XP level change happening in 2.0.0...?
I was reticent about replying so late, since it seems like this storm had passed, but if people have feelings about either feeling excluded or that it's even happening, I thought it was worth bringing it back up.

I'm paranoid that it's my reset-day raiding "early" and "late" team posts being referenced from a few months ago.

Are these what you're referencing, Reign? It's OK if you are. I mean, I'll feel bad, but I'd rather know if it is, so I can see if there's a better way to do it for when TTK starts.
Kudos for bringing it up, it hadn't occurred to me that anyone would be put off by those posts so I'm definitely interested to hear. It could be a matter of perspective, when I see those posts I don't feel like I'm being told I'm not welcome in the group, and have always felt like I would be added as an alt if I asked to be.

But I know exactly what you mean, if that kind of thing is seen as exclusionary then it's worth exploring other options.

Well, I wonder if we'll get the new Dust Palace and Undying Mind strikes with 2.0.0 or 2.0.1?

That would be an interesting "event".

Plus, it would make sense to open those up to XBL users at that point.

Edit: TOTP

In the wolves place I bet we get the Tooken strikes!. the remixed strikes. now that would be epic. Dragon strikes for days. didnt some crucible playlists drop HoW weapons early last time? I remember getting my first Party Crasher from Salvage I think the weekend before HoW. these strikes will have a chance to drop some new gear. EPIC!

Probably wont happen. But I can hope

Thursday night (UK time), is anyone doing raids? I'd really like do do HM Crota for the triumph but I've never run Crota before (can do VoG no problem).
Got a 33 Hunter.

I dont like the fact that Trials are going away for a while. Why would they do that?

Also for how long is it gone?

Because Iron Banner and Trials doesn't normalize damage values. So it would be a mess of players with a wide variety of ATK values and Defense values, and weapons that people haven't heard of and have no idea how to counter, yet.

Imagine how many people would go into Trials that first week without ever having touched a Sword, yet.

This gives players a chance to plateau and learn their new skill sets. I think I heard it would be 3 or 4 weeks. Can't find the source, though.

Trakan

Because Iron Banner and Trials doesn't normalize damage values. So it would be a mess of players with a wide variety of ATK values and Defense values, and weapons that people haven't heard of and have no idea how to counter, yet.

Imagine how many people would go into Trials that first week without ever having touched a Sword, yet.

This gives players a chance to plateau and learn their new skill sets. I think I heard it would be 3 or 4 weeks. Can't find the source, though.

More likely because Trials gives max level gear and they don't want people having raid tier gear that early or easily. It's just another thing to slow progression.

More likely because Trials gives max level gear and they don't want people having raid tier gear that early that easily. It's just another thing to slow progression.

Actually, yeah. That makes perfect sense. People would be getting the best weapons 4 days after launch.

EL CUCO

>.> i just realized i've been up for 24 hours.

i think i'm going to avoid spoilers for a change. even if the story mission is 5 minutes long i'd rather not watch somebody else play it this time.
It definitely helps it be a better first time experience. Not watching next week's stream. Kinda regret watching today's.

Deku Tree

They all scale down anyway?

Not really. As I understand it a 365 weapon does 365 damage no matter what your level is... Then there is level scaling, so that if you are a 29 in a level 30 activity then you do approx 31% less damage and take about the same percent more damage... And then there are damage caps so that you can't do more than a certain max grey damage to any specific enemy (and this is why you don't one shot body shot dregs on earth patrol).

In any case 365 definitely does a lot more damage than 300 attack as a level 29 in VoG HM IMO.

nOoblet16

I do like how the new guns have very different looks and sound, unlike what we've had so far where most scout rifles looked and sounded pretty much like VoC, the Hand canon like Fatebringer etc etc you know what I mean.

Not really. As I understand it a 365 weapon does 365 damage no matter what your level is... Then there is level scaling, so that if you are a 29 in a level 30 activity then you do approx 31% less damage and take about the same percent more damage... And then there are damage caps so that you can't do more than a certain max grey damage to any specific enemy (and this is why you don't one shot body shot dregs on earth patrol).

In any case 365 definitely does a lot more damage than 300 attack as a level 29 in VoG HM IMO.

also from my understanding that any enemies more than 10 levels below you automatically scale you to thier level.
so if your 34 you will do the same damage with the same weopon you would do to a 34 all the way down to 25. but it scales back at 24 and so on. is this right or am I just making crap up.

Arrrammis

aww... I wish that they had let warlocks still have lightning grenades. Hunters and Titans both have a wall grenade (tripmine, lightning) and warlocks already have a bolt type grenade. The lightning grenades is one of my all time favorite grenades, so using it with the best class would have been great.

nowai

Quite a honest vid i must say. They dont stick their heads in the sand. Wich offcourse would be very stupid.

Oh man, the best part was seeing Deej say "don't make a huge writing assignment, you could have told me all that in 4 bullet points".

Lol AMEN! Longwinded Deej is getting a reality check.

Oh man, the best part was seeing Deej say "don't make a huge writing assignment, you could have told me all that in 4 bullet points".

Lol AMEN! Longwinded Deej is getting a reality check.

I actually liked the Thunderlord joke, it had me laughing at the beginning, didnt know Deej could be funny. A++

nOoblet16

also from my understanding that any enemies more than 10 levels below you automatically scale you to thier level.
so if your 34 you will do the same damage with the same weopon you would do to a 34 all the way down to 25. but it scales back at 24 and so on. is this right or am I just making crap up.

Partly right. From what I believe, enemies that are below a certain level will receive less damage from you than enemies on your level.

Try shooting a level 10 enemy or so with a 365 Fatebringer, if you don't do the same damage then you know something's up.

hahaha true.

Yeah. I guess I can spend a good bit of time tonight working on it and it'll be fine for tomorrow. I could do 30 as well if it's that fast unless there's any objection on Bog drizzity guester's part.

I wish I knew what was coming in 2.0.0 versus TTK release. Is the Light vs. XP level change happening in 2.0.0...?

Kudos for bringing it up, it hadn't occurred to me that anyone would be put off by those posts so I'm definitely interested to hear. It could be a matter of perspective, when I see those posts I don't feel like I'm being told I'm not welcome in the group, and have always felt like I would be added as an alt if I asked to be.

But I know exactly what you mean, if that kind of thing is seen as exclusionary then it's worth exploring other options.

I was reticent about replying so late, since it seems like this storm had passed, but if people have feelings about either feeling excluded or that it's even happening, I thought it was worth bringing it back up.

I'm paranoid that it's my reset-day raiding "early" and "late" team posts being referenced from a few months ago.

Are these what you're referencing, Reign? It's OK if you are. I mean, I'll feel bad, but I'd rather know if it is, so I can see if there's a better way to do it for when TTK starts.

To be fair, I started a completely blank reset raid normal Crota group because I was looking for Hunger of Crota still, and Grimlock joined because he was looking for Black Hammer. It started off with just me posting for 5 open spots. Then other than Grim, Spyder, Treasure, and Dave all joined, and the final 6th spot fluctuated. We had a ton of fun that reset day that we made it a regular event. Once Grim and I got our goodies, we fell off and 2 others joined and it continued to be a set group.

Maybe it does bother some to have that list be so static every week, but it would definitely help for those people to say if and why it bothers them so we could develop a solution to not make people feel excluded, if that's the case.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Finally got another exotic bounty. Going for Bad Juju.

Also gave the Iron Banner a try and did pretty well with the Plan C fusion. The range was pretty ridiculous. Can't wait until its fully upgrade.

Partly right. From what I believe, enemies that are below a certain level will receive less damage from you than enemies on your level.

Try shooting a level 10 enemy or so with a 365 Fatebringer, if you don't do the same damage then you know something's up.

The game actually tells you what kind of damage you will do. if you go to a story mission and its grey your damage will scale, if its green, it does what its supposed to do. I noticed when I did the Fist of Crota mission at level 33 it was green, but then I went to it at 34 and it was grey. I was doing the 1100 damage with my vision to tier one enemies at 33 but less at 34.

nowai

I actually liked the Thunderlord joke, it had me laughing at the beginning, didnt know Deej could be funny. A++

While I do find his dad jokes rather insufferable, I was talking about the weekly updates.

The early days his weekly updates were so painful to read. Waxing poetic about nonsense, when we just wanted to know the details.

Top Bottom