• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

While I do find his dad jokes rather insufferable, I was talking about the weekly updates.

The early days his weekly updates were so painful to read. Waxing poetic about nonsense, when we just wanted to know the details.

I guess Dad jokes are only funny to other dads

Daemul

Two more weeks until shotguns are neutered and Arc Blade is free to terrorize the Crucible once again.

rejoice.png

TripleWRECK juat pointed out that the Stormlock had the Lightning grenade swapped out for the Arc bolt. Nice!

Triple is slow, we all noticed that in the stream :p

stb

Maybe it does bother some to have that list be so static every week, but it would definitely help for those people to say if and why it bothers them so we could develop a solution to not make people feel excluded, if that's the case.

Exactly. There's gotta be a way to do it without stepping on toes.

nowai

I guess Dad jokes are only funny to other dads

haha nah man, I can totally get behind some grade A cheesy dad jokes.

Deej always comes off as the dad trying to be cool. "Hey guys, look at me! I like cool thing too! Here's a bad joke to show how cool I am!" Everyone else... /groan

Spoo

Alright that raid group was... uh, lol. I don't mind kids, but man, they have a tendency to scream a lot and not really communicate.

Shiv47

I would try to experience Trials of Osiris one weekend before it goes on a hiatus. Otherwise the only thing people are rushing to do before TTK is complete their Triumphs, which you can absolutely do considering you've already got the grindy stuff done: https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/Triumphs/2/4611686018429380227

I am not exactly Mr PvP, so I'm afraid I'd get wrecked in Trials, but maybe. Finishing the Triumphs would be cool, though.

You've got it basically right- for the hell of it is the reason to level up whatever you choose to level. Just go with whatever sounds fun and don't worry about it if you don't feel like leveling something. We don't know quite how dramatic the difference will be, but all old gear is definitely getting obsoleted to some degree and getting your gear Light up won't be necessary to level up within the new system at all.

If you've never done the raids, I do weekly newbie raids on Thursday nights EST. Feel free to send me a PM (or keep your eyes peeled for signup posts) if you want more info.

That would be awesome, will PM you.

todd360

They really like destiny reddit. Maybe we should pack our bags? We can donate destinygaf OT thread to halogaf and they can pretend like they are talking about destiny.

stb

Probably just psn group message, and if it's being wonky then post on here with a disclaimer that psn is being wonky. That's the only thing I can think of atm.

In a way, though, keeping it to PSN seems even clique-y-er. That gets 6 people raiding, and maybe one extra every few weeks when someone can't make the static.

I thought/hoped posting the static group and inviting people to alt because there might be enough to form a second (or third) group got more people into raids. I mean, the proof is sort of in the pudding. We added a "late" team that was full most weeks, and there were enough alts still listed every week to form a whole 3rd if they actually all played on reset night.

18 people organized to raid seems better than 6. =)

KxoZz

Thanks for the quick, painless run guys!
I think that was my first raid since HoW dropped, hence the sloppy swordbearing at the beginning.
I should raid more.

Juraash

Awesome raid guys! In the span of a few hours I got to knock out 2 of the 4 remaining triumphs I had. Only Skolas and pvp wins remain...I might actually get through these.

They really like destiny reddit. Maybe we should pack our bags? We can donate destinygaf OT thread to halogaf and they can pretend like they are talking about destiny.

Reddit is just an easy way to see which issues are important quickly.

If they wanted the same information here they'd have to scan pages and pages to figure out where we had our discussions, and what points were made.

rNilla

i dunno what it is about the nightstalker that has people excited. not offensive enough for me.

Yeah I'll be playing with it but it seems pretty underwhelming. Hopefully the super is more helpful than it looks. Dodge roll seems promising though.

I will always prefer throwing knives.

Zeus7

I got Gjallahorn in a strike last night... I don't know how to feel about that, I had to buy my other one from Xur. I suppose it's not bad getting one within 100 hours total play time!

neoism

jesus christ bungie seriously....

playing IB

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron
Its not the only damn map in this game.its the worst...
-____________-

STOP it!

zewone

i dunno what it is about the nightstalker that has people excited. not offensive enough for me.

It looks cool, but it's definitely ore PVE related with all it's support abilities.

Shooting people with bows should be fun in Crucible though.

Having your fireteam disappear in your smoke or enemies getting DOT from it is awesome.

KxoZz

I got Gjallahorn in a strike last night... I don't know how to feel about that, I had to buy my other one from Xur. I suppose it's not bad getting one within 100 hours total play time!
You're no longer a scrub who xurned their Horn. You earned your second. You're a better guardian for that.
jk

Bogeypop

And we're full and ready to roll on this VoG HM GAF train. Friend requests and invites will be sent out shortly.

1) me
2) Reeducator
3) kxozz
4) MutenTurtle.
5) blackprophesy
6) ne0ism-

Top Bottom