• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

In a way, though, keeping it to PSN seems even clique-y-er. That gets 6 people raiding, and maybe one extra every few weeks when someone can't make the static.

I thought/hoped posting the static group and inviting people to alt because there might be enough to form a second (or third) group got more people into raids. I mean, the proof is sort of in the pudding. We added a "late" team that was full most weeks, and there were enough alts still listed every week to form a whole 3rd if they actually all played on reset night.

18 people organized to raid seems better than 6. =)

Yea I guess it just depends what cliquey means to them. But if a person is going to raid with the same team anyways, not showcasing it here is probably best to leave out the feeling of cliques. The only way for people to see it then would be to go through your friends list and see that person playing.

It's not much different than the idea of playing with IRL friends every week.

There was always a reset group from SEXY at 4am I always wanted to join but it was always full with the same set. Did I feel left out? Yea but there's dozens of us from dgaf in general so I'd just find other people to play with. I never took it personal. It's not their fault it's only 6 people and they're always the first to reply/be available then so it didn't bother me. They just used psn group message so everyone else was completely unaware this was going on. Cliquey? Maybe depending on your definition, but as Hawkian said, there's so many people here to do things with.

Every scenario is different, I also understand that. I just play with whoever is available at the time I'm able to play :)

Edit wow really Top of page? Dat luck. Good thing I don't get embarrassed.

CNXH4gZWEAADejT.png:large
Thanks! What's interesting to me is that they added the name of the solar system.

Maybe we'll visit other systems in future expansions?

jesus christ bungie seriously....

playing IB

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron

The Cauldron
Its not the only damn map in this game.its the worst...
-____________-

STOP it!

Cauldron is good, you get many Control captures in that one and increase your Melee bounty

The worst is Pantheon, you get to Capture one point then after that it's a slow run down of the clock.

The best maps are the ones that wins were a team wins by reaching a score of 20000 not by running down the clock.

I have rarely experienced a clock time out in the Cauldron

Kyoufu

Thanks! What's interesting to me is that they added the name of the solar system.

Maybe we'll visit other systems in future expansions?

I've always thought that Destiny 2 would take us to a different solar system, but since they added the name here then yeah, maybe we'll go somewhere in Year 2.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Cauldron is good, you get many Control captures in that one and increase your Melee bounty

The worst is Pantheon, you get to Capture one point then after that it's a slow run down of the clock.

The best maps are the ones that wins were a team wins by reaching a score of 20000 not by running down the clock.

I have rarely experienced a clock time out in the Cauldron
Wrong, worst is Asylum.

With the technology "we" use in this universe, I'm not sure if other star systems are in reach?

If Oryx made his way to us, and all the other races as well, the technology is staring us in the face. We could commandeer their ship, team up with the Fallen, or have the Traveler use space magic, etc.

It's very possible.

No desire to play IB this go around. maybe its the lag, maybe its because all my bounty slots are full and I dont want to cash them in.
eh, ill probably still play

If Oryx made his way to us, and all the other races as well, the technology is staring us in the face. We could commandeer their ship, team up with the Fallen, or have the Traveler use space magic, etc.

It's very possible.

The travelers dead dude.

I hope the new raids hip reward looks more like the dreadnaught and not another reskin

Double post dammit, sorry

Daemul

i dunno what it is about the nightstalker that has people excited. not offensive enough for me.

Dat bow and arrow though. I agree, it sounds meh, but Triple was talking about it on Poshy's stream and he said it played much better than it sounded, so we'll have to wait and see.

Talking about the new subclasses, the Sunbreaker is making me worry in just how effective it's going to be overall, because the class is literally built around it's super, hell, half of it's passives are only useful with the super. The reason why I moved from Titan to Hunter in the first place was because Hunter's were more well rounded and had other shit in their skillset going for them, the Titan subclasses on the other hand seem purposefully designed to be one trick ponies who are amazing at one particular thing but shit at everything else, a design which annoys the fuck out if me.

Titans still have no bolt grenade, have shitty melee(Bungie need to stop using up passive slots to make melee related perks if they aren't going to fix the melee range), no blink like movement(Zoba stay mad) and most of their exotics are complete shit, but dat hammer though, it turns you into Thor for 10 seconds, you only get to use it a couple of times a match and the rest of the time you're fodder, but it's so cool.

The travelers dead dude.

I hope the new raids hip reward looks more like the dreadnaught and not another reskin

Double post dammit, sorry

You can't really think that the Traveler will never do anything of importance in the 9+ years remaining for Destiny right?

Point is, we could leave our Solar System for any number of reasons that Bungie comes up with.

Thanks to all my SoM buddies for a lot of laggy but fun IB games: Grim, Tasty, Nav, Storrsie, Pew, Gong, Blaze, Tears, Mehrman, Gala and I'm probably forgetting someone.
It may be laggy, the weapons/shaders and whatnot are not good enough to grind for but at least it's a fun 6-(wo)man activity :)

You can't really think that the Traveler will never do anything of importance in the 9+ years remaining for Destiny right?

Point is, we could leave our Solar System for any number of reasons that Bungie comes up with.

you said traveler space magic, I was just pointing out that the traveler is actually dead. thats all. Im sure we will explore the galaxy more. its all good

Daemul

Axion Bolt behave differently then the Solar or Arc versions of the botls, but sure.

Sunbreaker Titan still seems OP for PVE and PVP.

It's says Bolt at the end, so it counts
3AQmK.gif

Unless Bungie decide to defy convention and make an amazing exotic for it, Sunbreaker will only be OP when Super is up, otherwise it's business as usual.

GhaleonEB

i dunno what it is about the nightstalker that has people excited. not offensive enough for me.

I like it because it's a support class that can still be lethal. The Titan's support class puts up a bubble around them, which is useful, for standing in a bubble. The Hunter harpoons do damage (and kill with a direct hit in PvP), cancel supers, suppress/tether enemies, and you can fire it twice once leveled. Its entire purpose is to suppress enemies for mass extinction. Also, my favorite thing about Hunters is their agility and movement - the fast jumps in particular. So the combination of smoke, dodge, fast jumping, invisibility, knives....they're going to be a leaping, rolling, smoke throwing, stabbing, invisible, void arrow shooting ninja.

I'm ecstatic.

DocSeuss

Anyone read that really good reddit post on how Bungie is constantly giving warlocks good stuff but removing or giving lesser gear to the other classes? Biggest frustration for me is Bones of Eao.

It's three months old, I just got mine, and it fundamentally changes how I play. For me, the Hunter is at its best as a motion-centric character--I'm all about mobility. Not having Eao changes my mobility and makes me a less beneficial player to my team. Same with Achylophage and Saint 14.

Yet Warlocks still get to have their Obsidian Mind/Bad Juju consta-supers, their "I'm basically invincible and can punch a blade dancer to death" Ram combos, etc.

Why do Warlocks get all the interesting builds and complementary weapons, but the other classes not and/or have them removed?

For that matter, why doesn't a warlock have a recovery class? It's all about damage output or self-regeneration. There's like one perk that no one uses because they're all about sunsinger. Most bad players I've met are warlocks who rely on sunsinger to get them out of jams, which leads them to riskier plays that often screw over the team.

Maybe it has something to do with most bungie guys being warlocks (at least the ones I've checked on DestinyStats seem to main locks)...

Oh well. Point is: as far as I can tell, Warlocks aren't losing their already overpowered gear and combos. Hunters and Titans are losing their pretty decent gear that was used and being stuck with the least exciting exotic equipment from Year 1.

I like it because it's a support class that can still be lethal. The Titan's support class puts up a bubble around them, which is useful, for standing in a bubble. The Hunter harpoons do damage (and kill with a direct hit in PvP), cancel supers, suppress/tether enemies, and you can fire it twice once leveled. Its entire purpose is to suppress enemies for mass extinction. Also, my favorite thing about Hunters is their agility and movement - the fast jumps in particular. So the combination of smoke, dodge, fast jumping, invisibility, knives....they're going to be a leaping, rolling, smoke throwing, stabbing, invisible, void arrow shooting ninja.

I'm ecstatic.

Like Blade Dancer, it doesn't create many orbs (like maybe 5 or so?). The smoke grenade is pretty great. The arrows are not very good against majors or ultras (Sunsinger or Void Bomb totally outstrips them). One of its main perks is to let you find treasure chests in the world around you. It's a support class that can kill exactly one dude (or two if you have two arrows and don't get shut down, because afaik, it doesn't have the invincibility that a Titan or Warlock does when supering). It's a class that looks and feels cool, but is once again underpowered compared to the panic supers of the other classes.

It should have been the third warlock class, since they need a support class. The hunters should have gotten a panic super class.

I get the feeling there will be an Exotic Artifact. Last week when they were looking at the Exotic Armor Blueprints there were 3 spots for Exotic Class armor. Two of these were separate from the last. Presumably the 2 separate would be Bonds/Cloaks/Marks and the lone exotic would be an Artifact. All speculation though.

I get the feeling there will be an Exotic Artifact. Last week when they were looking at the Exotic Armor Blueprints there were 3 spots for Exotic Class armor. Two of these were separate from the last. Presumably the 2 separate would be Bonds/Cloaks/Marks and the lone exotic would be an Artifact. All speculation though.

Every kill gens an orb.

zewone

Anyone read that really good reddit post on how Bungie is constantly giving warlocks good stuff but removing or giving lesser gear to the other classes? Biggest frustration for me is Bones of Eao.

It's three months old, I just got mine, and it fundamentally changes how I play. For me, the Hunter is at its best as a motion-centric character--I'm all about mobility. Not having Eao changes my mobility and makes me a less beneficial player to my team. Same with Achylophage and Saint 14.

Yet Warlocks still get to have their Obsidian Mind/Bad Juju consta-supers, their "I'm basically invincible and can punch a blade dancer to death" Ram combos, etc.

Why do Warlocks get all the interesting builds and complementary weapons, but the other classes not and/or have them removed?

For that matter, why doesn't a warlock have a recovery class? It's all about damage output or self-regeneration. There's like one perk that no one uses because they're all about sunsinger. Most bad players I've met are warlocks who rely on sunsinger to get them out of jams, which leads them to riskier plays that often screw over the team.

Maybe it has something to do with most bungie guys being warlocks (at least the ones I've checked on DestinyStats seem to main locks)...

Oh well. Point is: as far as I can tell, Warlocks aren't losing their already overpowered gear and combos. Hunters and Titans are losing their pretty decent gear that was used and being stuck with the least exciting exotic equipment from Year 1.
Warlocks have some of the worst exotics in the game.

And they get crapped on all the time by Bladedancers. I always have anxious Sunsingers revive after Bladedancing them, only for me to just Bladedance them again.

The burn builds can be annoying, but Hunters are still king of PVP.

phen0m24

Yea I guess it just depends what cliquey means to them. But if a person is going to raid with the same team anyways, not showcasing it here is probably best to leave out the feeling of cliques. The only way for people to see it then would be to go through your friends list and see that person playing.

It's not much different than the idea of playing with IRL friends every week.

There was always a reset group from SEXY at 4am I always wanted to join but it was always full with the same set. Did I feel left out? Yea but there's dozens of us from dgaf in general so I'd just find other people to play with. I never took it personal. It's not their fault it's only 6 people and they're always the first to reply/be available then so it didn't bother me. They just used psn group message so everyone else was completely unaware this was going on. Cliquey? Maybe depending on your definition, but as Hawkian said, there's so many people here to do things with.

Every scenario is different, I also understand that. I just play with whoever is available at the time I'm able to play :)

Edit wow really Top of page? Dat luck. Good thing I don't get embarrassed.

You are a clique, face it. You attract the cool kids a.k.a. J and J. Josh loves playing with you guys so that's as clique-y as you can get. :p

Thank you for doing that, by the way, and that extends to all the X-Bros who accommodate my quite yappy offspring. :) He has a great time running with whomever will take him - he still wants to see if he can show up Unstable. :p

Thanks X and all who are GAF-offspring friendly. :)

Top Bottom