• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Reddit is just an easy way to see which issues are important quickly.

If they wanted the same information here they'd have to scan pages and pages to figure out where we had our discussions, and what points were made.

We could theoretically come up with an at a glance way to relay our thoughts to them. Maybe a weekly recap in the OP? IDK, we play enough and there's enough of us that we can give them quality feedback, it's just that this place moves so fast and there's no great way for any of these guys to come here and review it quickly.

GhaleonEB

Like Blade Dancer, it doesn't create many orbs (like maybe 5 or so?).
I regularly create 8 orbs with Bladedancer.

The smoke grenade is pretty great. The arrows are not very good against majors or ultras (Sunsinger or Void Bomb totally outstrips them).
Again, it's a support class, I don't think comparing it to Nova Bomb is apples to apples, Gunslinger would be a more apt comparison.
One of its main perks is to let you find treasure chests in the world around you. It's a support class that can kill exactly one dude (or two if you have two arrows and don't get shut down, because afaik, it doesn't have the invincibility that a Titan or Warlock does when supering).
Right, and the Titan bubble can kill exactly zero dudes. But with the Helm of Saint 14, it can set up the slaying of many, and enable the survival of you and your fireteam. I think there are going to be a lot of situations where the tether will be a good defensive option for the Hunter, as well as offensive. Getting caught out with no heavy or in a vulnerable place, the tether can be used to detain a group of enemies to slip by while you reposition. Or to create an area of denial for enemies, or for helping res fireteam members. I think its ability to set up kills is pretty huge.

It's a class that looks and feels cool, but is once again underpowered compared to the panic supers of the other classes.
Again, I really disagree, and think the utility is far more versatile than a simple big explosion. We'll know soon enough, but right now I see a lot of possibilities, and am just excited to have a support class I'll enjoy when playing solo. I'll take what's on offer over every Titan and Warlock subclass, for solo play.

A little off topic, am I the only one who thinks of this when using the Voidwalker super?

https://youtu.be/iqvv134OgvI?t=57s
You know, because your tossing one (or three) giant purple orb of death.

Still yeah, maybe Bungie is being nice to Warlock since I don't see many people use that class for a long time until HoW. For PVP it was mostly Hunter and Titans. It used to take me forever to complete the "kill 25 warlocks in Crucible" bounty.

Namikaze1

I wonder how fast we'll be able to get the new subclasses. Thinking of holding off on picking up my PE packages and handing all my 5K bounties till I get the subclasses.

DocSeuss

Warlocks have some of the worst exotics in the game.

And they get crapped on all the time by Bladedancers. I always have anxious Sunsingers revive after Bladedancing them, only for me to just Bladedance them again.

The burn builds can be annoying, but Hunters are still king of PVP.

Unless I missed something, Titans are losing Saint 14--y'know, the thing that makes defenders useful in PVE--and Hunters are losing Achylophage and Eao. Warlocks aren't losing any of their good exotics--and their good exotics are better than anyone else's. I think Hunters are losing both invisibility gloves as well, but they're keeping the useless Young Ahamkara's Spine and Celestial Nighthawk (which would be worth something if golden gun wasn't less powerful than a tripmine).

I mean, Bad Juju + Obsidian Mind is the most overpowered exotic combo in the game, because it's basically infinite supers. The Ram is stupidly powerful. Nobody else has anything that comes close to those.

Hunters are best in crucible because of their top-notch agility. You can still completely avoid both hunter supers completely in a way you can't for a Void Bomb. Plus, Bladedancers still have that stupid broken "we only make like a couple orbs and do basically no damage in PVE to anything" issue. Every other class can make more orbs than a blade dancer.

In a perfect world, Bungie would retain ascension, but slow down the rate at which we accrue etheric light. The 2.0 nerf to Gjallarhorn and other weapons would give guns like Hard Light and Mida room to breathe. Removing them from the game AND rendering 3/4 of the endgame activities obsolete is just weird. This upgrade system where you have to spend a ton of resources sacrificing better gear to upgrade lower-level gear (and as best I can tell, you cannot upgrade lower-level gear up to max light) is really ass-backwards compared to every other upgrade system in video games. Having to leave behind loot also makes certain events obsolete--eg, no more reason to VoG, no more reason to Crota, no more reason to PoE, which has only been out three months.

I regularly create 8 orbs with Bladedancer.

Teach me your ways.

Again, it's a support class, I don't think comparing it to Nova Bomb is apples to apples, Gunslinger would be a more apt comparison.

Right, and the Titan bubble can kill exactly zero dudes. But with the Helm of Saint 14, it can set up the slaying of many, and enable the survival of you and your fireteam. I think there are going to be a lot of situations where the tether will be a good defensive option for the Hunter, as well as offensive. Getting caught out with no heavy or in a vulnerable place, the tether can be used to detain a group of enemies to slip by while you reposition. Or to create an area of denial for enemies, or for helping res fireteam members. I think its ability to set up kills is pretty huge.

Again, I really disagree, and think the utility is far more versatile than a simple big explosion. We'll know soon enough, but right now I see a lot of possibilities, and am just excited to have a support class I'll enjoy when playing solo. I'll take what's on offer over every Titan and Warlock subclass, for solo play.

Unless I'm mistaken, Saint 14 will not be around anymore... so... what's the point?

As a PvE player, I'm more likely to use a Nightstalker than anything else, especially because it retains triple jump, but not having my Bones of Eao is a big disappointment.

ich00

since this seems like a topic with lots of opinions, has anyone thought of setting up a group on The100io for gaf? I'm not sure if that's a good solution either (are private groups limited to 100?). It would at least give the LFG type posts an easier to find place to go.

I wonder how fast we'll be able to get the new subclasses. Thinking of holding off on picking up my PE packages and handing all my 5K bounties till I get the subclasses.

hopefully its the second or 3rd mission. I am doing the same. being that the entry level of taken king is 25. Im not worried about power leveling right away

since this seems like a topic with lots of opinions, has anyone thought of setting up a group on The100io for gaf? I'm not sure if that's a good solution either (are private groups limited to 100?). It would at least give the LFG type posts an easier to find place to go.

I'm not getting back into this because I inadvertently activated DGAF defense forces earlier, but I wasn't referring to LFG cliques specifically.

zewone

I was really hoping for more from artifacts besides orb generating.

Like maybe an exotic artifact that gave any class Triple Jump or Higher Jump (looking at you, Warlocks).

I'd be into that; I usually have trouble finding a group due to scheduling constraints, so a 100 group would work pretty well for me personally

neoism

dayum-o.gif

omg got the vex... thats for the run guys......<3

noomi

I don't understand why IB makes the game lag, what is going on.... It's starting to really get to me, something is obviously broken.

Bogeypop

Assuming ne0ism and blackprophesy don't want to come along, Rob and Soundless are in. Sending friend requests and invites now.

1) me
2) Reeducator
3) MutenTurtle
4) DrROBschiz
5) Soundless
6) kxozz

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does anyone want to run Skolas with me sometime this week? I need two people because most of my friends are taking a break until Taken King hits but it's the last Moment of Triumph I need.

Ugh, I was afraid of this. TTK will launch at 12am eastern on the 15th, that means 9pm Monday my time. I have the physical CE preordered.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I am waiting until Tuesday morning to play..... >.<

edit: wait, but I don't have the base game digitally. FUCK. I am boned

Warlocks have some of the worst exotics in the game.

And they get crapped on all the time by Bladedancers. I always have anxious Sunsingers revive after Bladedancing them, only for me to just Bladedance them again.

The burn builds can be annoying, but Hunters are still king of PVP.

Worst exotics in the game, what?

I require examples.

ich00

I'm not getting back into this because I inadvertently activated DGAF defense forces earlier, but I wasn't referring to LFG cliques specifically.

Yea I think I know what you were going for earlier and I don't disagree. I'm just trying to find a solution to help everybody with the resources we have available.

I'd be into that; I usually have trouble finding a group due to scheduling constraints, so a 100 group would work pretty well for me personally

Alright well I went ahead and created a DGaf group on the100.io. Its open to all so whoever wants to join it can. Hopefully enough people join it so that I can be another resource that we all can use. I have it set so inactive users are kicked after 30 days, so hopefully that will keep the group active. Here's the link: DGaf on the100.io

Ugh, I was afraid of this. TTK will launch at 12am eastern on the 15th, that means 9pm Monday my time. I have the physical CE preordered.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I am waiting until Tuesday morning to play..... >.<

Wait wut? Is this confirmed? If so then I'll be a happy camper here in the PDT on Monday.

Top Bottom