• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

inthrall

Alright well I went ahead and created a DGaf group on the100.io. Its open to all so whoever wants to join it can. Hopefully enough people join it so that I can be another resource that we all can use. I have it set so inactive users are kicked after 30 days, so hopefully that will keep the group active. Here's the link: DGaf on the100.io

Signed up, will try using this tonight

Yea I think I know what you were going for earlier and I don't disagree. I'm just trying to find a solution to help everybody with the resources we have available.

Alright well I went ahead and created a DGaf group on the100.io. Its open to all so whoever wants to join it can. Hopefully enough people join it so that I can be another resource that we all can use. I have it set so inactive users are kicked after 30 days, so hopefully that will keep the group active. Here's the link: DGaf on the100.io

Signed up. Thanks for doing this! Hopefully this helps in the future.

Kyoufu

Ugh, I was afraid of this. TTK will launch at 12am eastern on the 15th, that means 9pm Monday my time. I have the physical CE preordered.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I am waiting until Tuesday morning to play..... >.<

edit: wait, but I don't have the base game digitally. FUCK. I am boned

Is this confirmed?

Ugh, I was afraid of this. TTK will launch at 12am eastern on the 15th, that means 9pm Monday my time. I have the physical CE preordered.

There is NO WAY IN HELL I am waiting until Tuesday morning to play..... >.<

edit: wait, but I don't have the base game digitally. FUCK. I am boned

Where did they say this?

In a way, though, keeping it to PSN seems even clique-y-er. That gets 6 people raiding, and maybe one extra every few weeks when someone can't make the static.

I thought/hoped posting the static group and inviting people to alt because there might be enough to form a second (or third) group got more people into raids. I mean, the proof is sort of in the pudding. We added a "late" team that was full most weeks, and there were enough alts still listed every week to form a whole 3rd if they actually all played on reset night.

18 people organized to raid seems better than 6. =)

yeah, that's how i started joining in the late group. i didn't feel that the post was exclusionary in the slightest. in fact, i remember seeing the (alt) designation and asked if i could become an alt, too.

i dunno what it is about the nightstalker that has people excited. not offensive enough for me.
that's the point, though - it's a true support class, which was completely lacking for hunters. :D

eF every single person who uses Thorn.

i'm sorry

Is this confirmed?

CNX5Ry2WoAArvey.png:large

nowai

Dedicated servers? would it fix the lag?

Biggest thing they need to do is regional matchmaking. The fact that you can be matched up with people continents away is the core of the problem.

Even if you have an outstanding connection, that much distance has too much latency to have a good experience.

They also desperately need a single queue option that only pairs people up with other solos. This would prevent people that are grouped up on different continents from matching with others.

As it is right now, there will ALWAYS be lag when someone from American groups up with someone in Europe and then tries to matchmake.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Morning/Afternoon All, Good to be back on DGAF!
especially after enduring a tough week of Study and feeling ill,

On the bright side I have alot of Destiny news to catch up on! ^^
and in saying that, how do the new exotics look and did they explain what artifacts were and what they did?

Didn't even think about this. I am totally screwed and have to wait until Tuesday when I go pick up my CE.

Unless I buy the game digitally please don't let me do this

SnakeEyes

Banned
Morning/Afternoon All, Good to be back on DGAF!
especially after enduring a tough week of Study and feeling ill,

On the bright side I have alot of Destiny news to catch up on! ^^
and in saying that, how do the new exotics look and did they explain what artifacts were and what they did?
Look here.

And all the artifacts that were shown this morning were Rares, with 2 Stat buffs and "Generate orbs when..."

Kyoufu

I think that's just when your TTK license becomes valid, not when servers actually go live.

Didn't even think about this. I am totally screwed and have to wait until Tuesday when I go pick up my CE.

Unless I buy the game digitally please don't let me do this

Why not buy it digitally? You don't need that fluff in the physical CE :p

Juraash

Anyone want to try and do PoE 34? 33 Warlock, psn: kaiotheforsaken

Also unrelated question: if you use an etheric light on a totally unupgraded weapon from say...CE, what damage does it get? Does it go straight to 365 or does it just give you the ability to get it to 365 through the final column of upgrades?

X-Frame

Melting Point looks like it'll be another great PvE ability. And since I absolutely love punching things in PvE (and PvP), this is my kind of ability.

Maybe Bungie will create the next Saint-14 for the Sunbreaker revolving around Melting Point somehow ..

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Look here.

And all the artifacts that were shown this morning were Rares, with 2 Stat buffs and "Generate orbs when..."

Thanks for the link ^^
The exotics look nice (especially the Warlock's Raiment imo), the effects on some could have more value compared to what we have now. Although I'm sure they will be useful in their own way. ie Glimmer Farming

Looking forward to trying out the new weapons!

The artifacts sound fine, although I'm not sure what I was expecting from them lol.

Was the stream any good? Still need to watch it later.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Thanks for the link ^^
The exotics look nice (especially the Warlock's Raiment imo), the effects on some could have more value compared to what we have now. Although I'm sure they will be useful in their own way. ie Glimmer Farming

Looking forward to trying out the new weapons!

The artifacts sound fine, although I'm not sure what I was expecting from them lol.

Was the stream any good? Still need to watch it later.
Stream was only okay, glad I didn't get up early to watch it. That Warlock chest is going to be great for PvE, but as to whether it's worth using over other new Exotics is still yet to be seen.

As Gothalion pointed out in his video, the inside of the Dreadnaught looks bad-ass though. The atmosphere inside is awesome.

Kyoufu

Melting Point looks like it'll be another great PvE ability. And since I absolutely love punching things in PvE (and PvP), this is my kind of ability.

Maybe Bungie will create the next Saint-14 for the Sunbreaker revolving around Melting Point somehow ..

Anything that extends the duration of Melting Point will become top tier must have GOAT Exotic.

Really liked the Datto showing of the strike. Looks really fun. Not overly complicated, but has enough action where your forced to constantly be moving.

noomi

bleh, really not feeling it tonight, this IB lag is really making me not want to play. Going to play something else.

Nighty night dgaf, see you tom.

About to make my nightly cup of coffee. But after that, anyone up for a nightfall? I only need to do one more

Man doesn't it make sleeping difficult at night?

I have trouble as it is, but any caffeine after 5:00 pm, and I'm up till 3:00 am.

I've been busting my behind at work today Is the stream up on youtube?
I know nothing about what happened to day.

R0ckman

Ugh... Couldn't remember if I did PoE hard, looks like I have yet to complete it. Friend went nuts and refuses to play Destiny ever again so I lost my titan a bit after the HoW launch.

Anyone plan on doing it tonight? Only thing I have left for Triumph.

vctor182

So, on TTK update all year 1 weapons will have their attack values changed right? Does this mean that if I have a 365 gun and a 331 gun, both will be 180 atk after the update?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ugh... Couldn't remember if I did PoE hard, looks like I have yet to complete it. Friend went nuts and refuses to play Destiny ever again so I lost my titan a bit after the HoW launch.

Anyone plan on doing it tonight? Only thing I have left for Triumph.
On PS4? I'm also looking for a group to do it. It'll be my first time as well.

X-Frame

Anything that extends the duration of Melting Point will become top tier must have GOAT Exotic.

Definitely! Most likely some new gauntlets I'd think. Oh, and there were some new gauntlets in early TTK screenshots and footage on a Titan which seemed exotic -- we'll see.

Come on Bungie, don't let Titans down!

phen0m24

Does anyone want to run Skolas with me sometime this week? I need two people because most of my friends are taking a break until Taken King hits but it's the last Moment of Triumph I need.

Anyone up for PoE 35 on PS4?
Can not use my Mic,wife and kids are sleeping.

1. darkshodan84

I'd definitely be up; when are you free?

same here, only problem is that i can't use my mic

Yeah arekkusu77, you can send me a friend request.

On PS4? I'm also looking for a group to do it. It'll be my first time as well.

Request sent

Hey guys keep an eye peeled for Boguester or Lt519 as they have been helping new Skolas slayers. They have been running folks through nights and weekends, so just kind of lurk the thread and you'll see them on. You can always PM as well.

I'm exhausted DGAF might read and go to bed

Zzzzz
don't get old

Top Bottom