• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

NeOak

We can't do that. She is our kawaii idol. She must maintain a perfect public image so we can milk her for every penny.

This is the image we have to go for. Math-chan must strive to look as kawaii as possible for maximum profit.

LOL

Todd, stop playing Idolm@ster.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Holy crap this is some good artwork!
tumblr_nimx0cjDDh1qcn6c5o1_500.png

found it on a tumblr post here.
http://heigann.tumblr.com/
Destiny meets Final Fantasy XII.

I love this community. There's a real sense of "we're all in this together."
I prefer to think of it as "we're all up Shit Creek without a paddle... together" :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Not too big into anime but One Piece is the only one I read and watch only because I want to see Luffy and Boa have babies.

Baliis

Speaking of anime, I finally got around to watching Gurren Lagann. Enjoyed it a lot. Any ideas what I should watch next? Looking for shorter 1-2 season stuff, on netflix is a bonus.

todd360

Speaking of anime, I finally got around to watching Gurren Lagann. Enjoyed it a lot. Any ideas what I should watch next? Looking for shorter 1-2 season stuff, on netflix is a bonus.

Tell me what you can find on netflix and I will tell you which ones are good.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Samurai Champloo if you haven't already, and then a new series that is currently running called Gangsta. Both are top-notch. Don't rely solely on Netflix though, also sign up to Crunchyroll.

Also Neon Genesis Evangelion.

The first season of Knights of Sidonia was decent. Didn't really enjoy the first few episodes of the 2nd, though, so I stopped watching.

Samurai Champloo is excellent.

Edit: Polar Bear Cafe

Daemul

Holy crap this is some good artwork!
tumblr_nimx0cjDDh1qcn6c5o1_500.png

found it on a tumblr post here.
http://heigann.tumblr.com/

I'm guessing that this is the sort of thing we would see running around the Tower if Bungie gave us lots of customization options for our Guardians lol

Fair play though, I would probably stick a hella load of racing car logos on my Guardians armour if I was given the opportunity to.

GutZ31

Took me almost a year but its done! Finally I can join the ranks of my fellow DGAF Guardian Lords.

Never actually thought I'd get this since I wasn't big into PvP until a few months ago, but here it is.

Congratz! make sure you PM Lnkn52 to be added to the list in the OT

q4jrl.jpg

Sorry for the delay, I had to update my PSN software :-/

My PSN is DrDrizzay101 btw, I should be on in just a minute.

Page-Top-a-Be-Bop: First picture I ever took in Destiny

CNYPj50UEAALnZh.jpg:orig

I'd like to run PoE 35 at some point tonight if you have time. I will be around until 1AM MST.

It's the last thing I need for Moments of Triumph.

psn: RibbonHunter

todd360

Was thinking Fate/stay night or Fate/Zero since I've at least sorta heard of them, but idk which? Both?

Fate/Zero takes place first in the timeline. It was meant to be seen/read after Fate/Zero, but most people who got into the series from anime saw zero first. Its doesn't matter a great deal which you choose first I think. Is Fate/stay night on netflix the new remake of the show or the old version? The older version isn't worth watching.

maomaoIYP

I was watching the strike reveal and I realized that I really do not like Nolandroid's voice. Dinklebot was like a passive aggressive ghost "Guardian down. Like, whatever." and Nolandroid just sounds so oddly passionate that I cannot deal with it.

Baliis

Fate/Zero takes place first in the timeline. It was meant to be seen/read after Fate/Zero, but most people who got into the series from anime saw zero first. Its doesn't matter a great deal which you choose first I think. Is Fate/stay night on netflix the new remake of the show or the old version? The older version isn't worth watching.

It says 2014, so I assume new.

Snare: Allows Smoke to stick to surfaces, detonating when enemies are near.
This would kinda fun to use in trials to screw with people.

Add in the void wall grenade and you can force people to run into your planted traps. Could make make for a really fun class.

GutZ31

That seems just like a different tripmine?

Tripmines have a visual beam of light that shows you where it is, and the blast zone of where most damage will occur.

These don't have any red flags showing you were they are, and work more like the little floor mines in PoE, except a little quicker to blow up.

GhaleonEB

I really enjoy Dinklage's performance. He really gives the impression that there's a lot more to the story that you're not supposed to know, and alludes to the less-than-savoury ethics of the traveller and guardians. On patrols when he says things like, "I wonder what our friends are going to do with these" it feels so delightfully ominous. The whole traveller-being-evil plot might be a tad on the nose, but it's compelling. Makes me want to delve into the traveller in a DLC and pick it apart. Maybe have Destiny 2 or 3 take place from one of the alien races' perspectives.

I liked parts of his performance, but it's very uneven. For every line he says with perfect, nuanced inflection, he has at least as many that are flat, bored or just weird. Like when he says, "It's from an old Warlock *awkward pause* of Cyrus." Or my personal favorite, "All right, let's go fight our way into their war base," like he's reading name #7,296 from the phone book. I think the performance does get too much grief as it's not uniformly bad - and either he had a poor script, or this is what his portion was cut down to - but an actor who is more invested in the character for the long haul will hopefully do better.

GutZ31

I liked parts of his performance, but it's very uneven. For every line he says with perfect, nuanced inflection, he has at least as many that are flat, bored or just weird. Like when he says, "It's from an old Warlock *awkward pause* Osiris." Or my personal favorite, "All right, let's go fight our way into their war base," like he's reading name #7,296 from the phone book. I think the performance does get too much grief as it's not uniformly bad - and either he had a poor script, or this is what his portion was cut down to - but an actor who is more invested in the character for the long haul will hopefully do better.

FTFY

Top Bottom