• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tjamato88

So wait now that I have two exotic weapons what should I run with? TLW or Gjallarhorn?

Also it's amazing that at every turn I'm still not finding any legendary helms.

Shiv47

Jesus am I terrible at PvP. Won first match in IB, now on five match losing streak, and usually in last two on each team. Cmon matchmaking, put me with some winners for at least one more match!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So wait now that I have two exotic weapons what should I run with? TLW or Gjallarhorn?

Also it's amazing that at every turn I'm still not finding any legendary helms.
TLW is not particularly useful (though fun) in PvE, and crazy good in PvP. Gjallarhorn is simply the best rocket launcher in the game, which is useful all over PvE of course.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I'm glad I haven't heard any of the Nolan North ghost yet. Though I will say that even though Dinklage kind of phoned in his performance, the material on the page was not that solid to begin with.

I don't know. Ghosts always seemed so interesting in Destiny and like misunderstood by the game itself. They're such an interesting companion AI and it's used primarily as the animation for disabling locks on doors. It's not a character like Cortana, I mean he even says about the other dead Guardian "where's his Ghost?" I just figured every guardian had their own individual one. The way it flies around with you and shows up on your menu reminded me at first of the Mags in Phantasy Star Online. And they could be slightly customizable. It would make more sense to me if all different players' Ghosts had different voices- not that this would ever be viable to a big extent on a budget, but maybe a selectable 3 or 4, along the lines of the Saints Row options you get for voice acting? Plus you would swap out stuff, not just shells for cosmetics (which haven't even been available to me at all yet) but buffs or abilities. And you could turn the flashlight floating with you on and off at will.
To be honest, Nolan's Ghost reminds me a lot of 343-Guilty Spark from Halo. Not that it's a bad thing, it's just what springs to mind when I first heard the new Ghost.

Lunar FC

As somebody who has stayed away from as much TTK info as possible, have they basically showed everything in this thing already..? Seems like every single day they are showing new stuff no matter how small.

Tjamato88

TLW is not particular useful (though fun) in PvE, and crazy good in PvP. Gjallarhorn is simply the best rocket launcher in the game, which is useful all over PvE of course.
That's I figured but I wasn't sure. Is TLW worth using in IB? It's still at it's base power.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
We just passed 20 on the100.io. This community has hundreds of members and we should be able to hit 100 pretty reasonably. Check it out and sign up if you get the chance even if you don't think you'll ever use it, it'll be helpful. It's a very helpful grouping tool.
That's I figured but I wasn't sure. Is TLW worth using in IB? It's still at it's base power.
Not quite, in part because in IB the damage value counts and in part because the later upgrades in the tree are pretty critical to its use.

todd360

We just passed 20 on the100.io. This community has hundreds of members and we should be able to hit 100 pretty reasonably. Check it out and sign up if you get the chance even if you don't think you'll ever use it, it'll be helpful. It's a very helpful grouping tool.

Not quite, in part because in IB the damage value counts and in part because the later upgrades in the tree are pretty critical to its use.

What is this? Also it doesn't seem to be for me. I'm not a parent and I already finished college. It explicitly mentions parents and college students.

Who created this? It doesn't have the option for multi console! haha

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

ich00; If I'm not mistaken about how it works you should be able to see all created games regardless of console, but I'm not sure on the backend. We should be able to test it real quick though.

Nolanbot sounds really good in the first mission of TTK that Planet Destiny showed.

He talks when the player scans objects for info. Which is a great idea btw.

Whatever will the six guardian master race do? It is time to riot!
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOTヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So I used one of my Black Hammer's today and the White Nail perk didn't work. I switched to my other one and it worked with that one.

Is there anyway to fix the one that wasn't working?

todd360

Nolanbot sounds really good in the first mission of TTK that Planet Destiny showed.

He talks when the player scans objects for info. Which is a great idea btw.

Lol math. People are talking about going spoiler free and your just spoiling the entire dlc over here like its nothing.

No one can stay mad at an idol though. So we should still be able to sell all the tickets to your next show. *whips out calculator*

Lol math. People are talking about going spoiler free and your just spoiling the entire dlc over here like its nothing.

No one can stay mad at an idol though. So we should still be able to sell all the tickets to your next show. *whips out calculator*
What? There's no spoiler here. They've been talking about the scanning for awhile.

todd360

What? There's no spoiler here. They've been talking about the scanning for awhile.

It was a joke.

Anyways dinklebot being replaced and the ghost scanning some and talking lore to you is technically a spoiler.

You also revealed that there are missions by talking about a first mission. He said he was going in super blind and your ruining it for the poor guy! Lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
itest it real quick
indeed, regardless of your chosen platform you will see listings from people in the group.
nib0KUj.png
You can also join them even if your account is set to the "wrong" platform.

You'll just have to switch it if hosting a game on the other platform I guess. Or, of course, you could create another account for the other console as I did for this test.

Well, I can't top that. You win.

Goodnight.
Noooo Todd I'm sorry.

No more spoilers from me....SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE!

indeed, regardless of your chosen platform you will see listings from people in the group.

You'll just have to switch it if hosting a game on the other platform I guess. Or, of course, you could create another account for the other console as I did for this test.
Huh pretty cool. I'll have to signup tomorrow.

Nice, that works!

R0ckman

YES! Did they officially reveal that they are bringing back medal audio announcements from Halo? I was watching a video where you could hear the announcer say "DOUBLE KILL!"

shermas

Anyone on Xbone want to give level 35 PoE a try tomorrow? I'll be on around 10am, Pacific Time... ready to take care of this year 1 deal. Only thing I'm mssing. I can run a 34 Titan, all teh gunz, etc.

NeOak

Well, I can't top that. You win.

Goodnight.
Noooo Todd I'm sorry.

No more spoilers from me....SNAPE KILLED DUMBLEDORE!

Math is tsun confirmed.

Inb4 "N-n-n-not like I wanted you t-to stay B-baka Todd!"

word.

To their credit, I don't think Bungie has shown anything specific about the raid whatsoever yet.

I hope they don't say or show anything else about it, personally.

All they need is to feature Professor Broman and no one will watch the stream.

ich00

Took me almost a year but its done! Finally I can join the ranks of my fellow DGAF Guardian Lords.

Never actually thought I'd get this since I wasn't big into PvP until a few months ago, but here it is.

Congrats!

Thanks for the advertising Hawk! I'm not sure why no one set something like this up before, seems like a no braniner for DGaffers to use.

Hawk look like he answered this mostly.

It didn't have an option for both, you have to choose one of the four consoles. I was thinking about setting up a second group for XBone players. If enough people actually join up we can split the group if need be. I wanted to see how it went first.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Exactly- we should see if we can manage to hit 100 first things first. At that point we'll have data on xbox vs. ps4 and can create a totally separate XB1 group if there is demand for it. If we had 100 PS4 players and 100 Xbox players all in each group obviously that would be ideal, and multiplatform owners could belong to each group. For the moment, keeping multiplatform owners able to participate on both consoles in the group is a good thing as far as getting a fireteam together.

The site also has two other nice components...

"Playing Right Now" which is something people have wanted for a long time in-game
XPLknKM.png

and a chatroom...
wz9nWzy.png

RdN

Bungie really changed the drop rate for the Gjarllarhorn after Xur sold it.

I got TWO just today... One by killing Atheon and one by finishing a freaking Dragon Strike!

ich00

Bungie really changed the drop rate for the Gjarllarhorn after Xur sold it.

I got TWO just today... One by killing Atheon and one by finishing a freaking Dragon Strike!

I saw one drop earlier in crucible, as did my bother, so maybe they did.

Spoo

Huge thanks to Boguester for helping designgears and I through PoE 35. Just the nicest guy, and made it a fun, crazy experience!

void666

Banned
Last iron banner match. I just want to complete my 10 melee kills (2 left).
End with 0.8 but we won. I'm rewarded with a 4th horseman. Thanks RNG.

Top Bottom