• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Frostburn

No one wants help with PoE?

Obligatory The Taken King hype
SWreHVC.gif

I liked parts of his performance, but it's very uneven. For every line he says with perfect, nuanced inflection, he has at least as many that are flat, bored or just weird. Like when he says, "It's from an old Warlock *awkward pause* of Cyrus." Or my personal favorite, "All right, let's go fight our way into their war base," like he's reading name #7,296 from the phone book. I think the performance does get too much grief as it's not uniformly bad - and either he had a poor script, or this is what his portion was cut down to - but an actor who is more invested in the character for the long haul will hopefully do better.

I always thought he was saying "It's from an old Warlock, Osiris."

The Trials dude. If not, what is "Cyrus" in the Grimoire?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Testing new format for newbie raid reminders and inclusion in the OT.

If anyone else runs (or wants to) some kind of weekly open-to-all activity, let me know so that we can get you in the OT as well.

Also this is an actual reminder post for tomorrow night.

(CLICK HERE)

PS4 - Thursday August 27th, 2015 - Crota's End Newbie Raid/Sword School
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
2 spots remaining.

Halajuha I finally got my first faction shader and I love it.

It is FWC's Nineveh 8611 and it uses the color scheme from the vanilla fwc faction armor

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I liked parts of his performance, but it's very uneven. For every line he says with perfect, nuanced inflection, he has at least as many that are flat, bored or just weird. Like when he says, "It's from an old Warlock *awkward pause* of Cyrus." Or my personal favorite, "All right, let's go fight our way into their war base," like he's reading name #7,296 from the phone book. I think the performance does get too much grief as it's not uniformly bad - and either he had a poor script, or this is what his portion was cut down to - but an actor who is more invested in the character for the long haul will hopefully do better.

lol

Trials of of Cyrus

Shiv47

Testing new format for newbie raid reminders and inclusion in the OT.

If anyone else runs (or wants to) some kind of weekly open-to-all activity, let me know so that we can get you in the OT as well.

Also this is an actual reminder post for tomorrow night.

PS4 - Thursday August 27th, 2015 - Crota's End Newbie Raid/Sword School
  • 9:00PM ET - 8:00 PM CT - 6:00PM PT - 2:00 AM Friday BST
  • First come first serve. If you filled out the form completely and submitted it, your spot is reserved. The form shuts down automatically when the group is full.
  • If you wish to be an alternate, want to help but don't want to take a spot right away, or otherwise want to be kept in mind for the group just send me a PM on GAF or a PSN message.
2 spots remaining.

Sorry, was speed skimming in between IB plays, signed up as requested.

GutZ31

lol

Trials of of Cyrus

{Loading screen}

GHOST: Listen to this, from an old Warlock, Osiris:
OSIRIS: Every end crawls from the same pit, rising from the schism to swallow matter, Light, and life. It will not be stopped, but here it can be slowed. The Shrines of Oryx must be destroyed.​
http://destiny.wikia.com/wiki/Shrine_of_Oryx

Thats a funny mistake.

Two more Skolas School graduates: congrats to RoboPlato and arekkusu77! Great example of how you can just take your time and be smart to ensure you get the kill, no need to rush things. Great job gentlemen!

CNYmqwbUsAAD2ZA.jpg:large

Up for another run if there are two more newbies. I've gotten lots of requests so I sincerely apologize if I'm passing people over accidentally.

Ophelion

Two more Skolas School graduates: congrats to RoboPlato and arekkusu77! Great example of how you can just take your time and be smart to ensure you get the kill, no need to rush things. Great job gentlemen!

Up for another run if there are two more newbies. I've gotten lots of requests so I sincerely apologize if I'm passing people over accidentally.

I would like to complete it!

NastyBook

Do you have an idea of who you're inviting next?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm glad I haven't heard any of the Nolan North ghost yet. Though I will say that even though Dinklage kind of phoned in his performance, the material on the page was not that solid to begin with.

I don't know. Ghosts always seemed so interesting in Destiny and like misunderstood by the game itself. They're such an interesting companion AI and it's used primarily as the animation for disabling locks on doors. It's not a character like Cortana, I mean he even says about the other dead Guardian "where's his Ghost?" I just figured every guardian had their own individual one. The way it flies around with you and shows up on your menu reminded me at first of the Mags in Phantasy Star Online. And they could be slightly customizable. It would make more sense to me if all different players' Ghosts had different voices- not that this would ever be viable to a big extent on a budget, but maybe a selectable 3 or 4, along the lines of the Saints Row options you get for voice acting? Plus you would swap out stuff, not just shells for cosmetics (which haven't even been available to me at all yet) but buffs or abilities. And you could turn the flashlight floating with you on and off at will.

I'm glad I haven't heard any of the Nolan North ghost yet. Though I will say that even though Dinklage kind of phoned in his performance, the material on the page was not that solid to begin with.

I don't know. Ghosts always seemed so interesting in Destiny and like misunderstood by the game itself. They're such an interesting companion AI and it's used primarily as the animation for disabling locks on doors. It's not a character like Cortana, I mean he even says about the other dead Guardian "where's his Ghost?" I just figured every guardian had their own individual one. The way it flies around with you and shows up on your menu reminded me at first of the Mags in Phantasy Star Online. And they could be slightly customizable. It would make more sense to me if all different players' Ghosts had different voices- not that this would ever be viable to a big extent on a budget, but maybe a selectable 3 or 4, along the lines of the Saints Row options you get for voice acting? Plus you would swap out stuff, not just shells for cosmetics (which haven't even been available to me at all yet) but buffs or abilities. And you could turn the flashlight floating with you on and off at will.

What is silly is we see a lot of major NPCs in the tower with ghosts floating over their shoulder. You know what would be awesome? If they spoke. I want to know what kind of personality Cayde-6's ghost has. Do they get along or do they clash. What about the speakers ghost?

There is so much potential here.

You're are a fucking machine man. I logged back on late last night and saw you were taking more skolas first timers through. How many clears you at now?

I am a little weirded out when I see the Khepri's bug moving on my arm while I'm playing.

Also, I'm not sure what class I'll start with in TTK. I was sold on Titan but now I'm thinking Hunter again. Hunter was my OG class. But that hammer. And those dance moves.

Top Bottom