• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

what's the highest level you can get currently only having the base game? i'm at about half way to lvl 33 without having any expansions, waiting for taken king physical copy.

Akai XIII

what's the highest level you can get currently only having the base game? i'm at about half way to lvl 33 without having any expansions, waiting for taken king physical copy.

You can't get the PoE or Trails armour but with etheric light you can ascend whatever you like.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

You can get 34, but I think that the only way to do so would be through Iron Banner

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You can get Etheric Light from NFs.

Yes you can - but the drop rate seems reasonably low? I'd guess less than 1 in 10....and you'll need 4 to get to 34.

Iron banner can get you to 34 but only if you have multiple characters and use the etheric light from the second one to level the first. (assuming you only have level 32 gear at the moment)

Edit - half way to level 33 implies you have one piece of level 34 gear (it has 42 light, rather than 36 light)...you'lll still need 3 etheric lights to ascend the other gear and get to level 33/34.

Akai XIII

Yes you can - but the drop rate seems reasonably low? I'd guess less than 1 in 10....and you'll need 4 to get to 34.

Iron banner can get you to 34 but only if you have multiple characters and use the etheric light from the second one to level the first. (assuming you only have level 32 gear at the moment)
Oh I know the drop rate is low. But you can get them from NFs if you don't have the DLC.

Well, that moment when you try to show Destiny to a friend and he is anything but convinced. Apparently it is quite hard to catch interest if you have not been following Bungie for the last years, are not a Halo Fan and you haven't played an FPS with your gamepad in your whole life.

BTW, I stopped playing near completely already to the point I forgot about the game. Not sure if I still can try and sell the base game. My gaming burnout is going to prevent me from enjoying anything, from MGS V to TTK.

Raybunny

I am even having dreams. This reached its pinnacle. And Kadey even got the decency to tell me she saw 4 drops today.

This will be me someday:

4thh.jpg

Tecnniqe

Banned
So the strike was fun, but boy what a short stream.

Mr Fruit was meh, but the real hero was Claude Jerome what an awesome guy!
Had no idea who this fruit guy was to begin with and I don't feel like I need to know.

More Claude and Luke for next reveal please.
Please come back, I didn't mean to scare you away witht my avatar ;(

bitsurugi

Had no idea who this fruit guy was to begin with and I don't feel like I need to know.

More Claude and Luke for next reveal please.
Please come back, I didn't mean to scare you away witht my avatar ;(

I do know him by the reputation, but i agree with the common thinking here: Bungie should cut off youtubbers on reveal streams and put on more dev's with commentary.

Youtubbers will make their own video's anyway and not everyone likes every youtubber out there.

Can NOT forget how awful Prof. Browman made the PoE reveal with that annoying screams. Don't have anything against him, he might be a cool guy, but maaaaan... that day he was super annoying.

amar212

I do know him by the reputation, but i agree with the common thinking here: Bungie should cut off youtubbers on reveal streams and put on more dev's with commentary..

Game Informer video on new Mercury map was great to watch and listen. I would love to have such developer tour for every map in the game.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I do know him by the reputation, but i agree with the common thinking here: Bungie should cut off youtubbers on reveal streams and put on more dev's with commentary.

Youtubbers will make their own video's anyway and not everyone likes every youtubber out there.

Can NOT forget how awful Prof. Browman made the PoE reveal with that annoying screams. Don't have anything against him, he might be a cool guy, but maaaaan... that day he was super annoying.
Never saw that PoE thing, but after watching his stream for a little while I, sadly don't like him.
There's just something about him that rubs me the wrong way.

I like KingG. Seems down to earth and just play for the fun. I think he'd fit in one of these types of reveals.

What's bothering me most about 99% of all popular Twitch folks is the never ending, constant toasting, cheering, [insert sound effect] noise.
Why.gif
It's obnoxious and it's the reason I follow almost no one on Twitch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#getoffmylawn

What's bothering me most about 99% of all popular Twitch folks is the never ending, constant toasting, cheering, [insert sound effect] noise.
Why.gif
It's obnoxious and it's the reason I follow almost no one on Twitch. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

#getoffmylawn

I wish Bungie would invite someone from Dgaf on one of these streams. Especially now that we have connections with the likes of Kotaku, Adam Boyes, etc...

Drubbed got a callout from deej himself. Surely he can push some buttons and make it happen ;)

Raybunny

found a better link so i'm spamming the thread with this track again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB0ENtFkUzY

SO FUCKING GOOD

I love The Last Array : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO3ahU18VyE&index=8&list=PLglekgMiTGf9RY9zUzcAyZ8KhUUmsEK7f

I still remember the first time I did the mission in the Cosmodrome alone. Was my first time to play with a controller, clunky movements. I was so immersed that I was betting everything with it. I had to finish the mission, I had to survive and protect that ghost that was helping me. It was life or dead. That particular feeling that you get only once. And when it was over that song... calmed and echoed in my mind as a trophy.

Once in a lifetime experience. Just like playing a souls game.

Im logging in now, my PSN is DrDrizzay101 if you want to send a FR while I boot up the game pock3t.

Thanks for walking us through Skolas and doing most of the heavy lifting. That was fun. I only have the two raids to complete on hard mode and then I have completed the Year One Triumphs.

Thanks for walking us through Skolas and doing most of the heavy lifting. That was fun. I only have the two raids to complete on hard mode and then I have completed the Year One Triumphs.

I could do a HM Crota tonight for people who need the Triumph, I'll put up a post around 6pm GMT to see if theres enough interest

Kyoufu

I wish Bungie would invite someone from Dgaf on one of these streams. Especially now that we have connections with the likes of Kotaku, Adam Boyes, etc...

Drubbed got a callout from deej himself. Surely he can push some buttons and make it happen ;)

Nobody here is an e-celeb which is the requirement to be on their streams.

Anyone keen for Skolas? Players without experience are welcome, just be 34 :)

If you still don't have a third in ~15 min I could help out. Just finished a run so I need to chill and grab a snack.

Thanks for the help finishing the Thorn bounty, Bogue!

No problem! That Epic modifier makes it much harder than a Lv26 Strike should be. It's always fun to bust out Black Hammer and make him do the Phoggy Shuffle.

Top Bottom