• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
Was actually a pretty smooth run from what I can tell. We only wiped once in round 3 (Kabal/Mines).

Skolas went down on our first try.
Congratulations on a clean run!

I see throughout the whole throughout the entire thing Pocket died 20 times. As a level 32 doing six rounds of level 35 content, that's super good! props to you all and congratulations :)

I've probably had runs where I die 20x as s level 34 :p

Yeah, I've been farming motes through different methods so I can gamble at Xur.

After TTK rolls out I believe the POE chest will be the only place where Year 1 exotic armor will be available.

No I don't think so - Year 1 stuff will still drop from VoG, Crota, and probably sold by Xur?

Xur's not going to jump straight into selling only Year 2 exotics...is he? that would be too good (as I am not collecting so don't care about Year 1)

Fake edit - you said Armour! Ignore VoG/Crota then.

Don't level 28 strikes also have a small chance of dropping exotics? There was a reddit post summarising 250 dragon strike loots.

ocean

Banned
Local gaming store just got their copies yesterday. Not forking $70 to get it early though.
Well it's a patch which activates server side so it doesn't make sense but hypothetically

If you could get early access to TTK, to start playing it 4-5 days in advance...what sort of premium over the standard price would you be willing to pay?

SkylineRKR

No I don't think so - Year 1 stuff will still drop from VoG, Crota, and probably sold by Xur?

Xur's not going to jump straight into selling only Year 2 exotics...is he? that would be too good (as I am not collecting so don't care about Year 1)

Don't level 28 strikes also have a small chance of dropping exotics? There was a reddit post summarising 250 dragon strike loots.

Yes strikes can drop exotics.

I've gotten a few from ROC, and from Dragon. 4th horseman being my last one. This week some random in my squad got Hawkmoon. Only weapons though.

ocean

Banned

PoE 28 and Dragon Strikes = same loot table.

As for year 1 armor: I have a strong feeling Xur and Nightfall tables will include year 1 stuff.

Ambitious

Jesus Christ, I just can't find any treasure keys. I've been doing PoEs and opening ether chests for over an hour now.

edit: Literally five seconds after posting this, I found one at the Postmaster. Nice.

ocean

Banned
Jesus Christ, I just can't find any treasure keys. I've been doing PoEs and opening ether chests for over an hour now.
Assuming you did this but:

First Petra Wanted bounty you do per reset is a treasure key. This means with 3 characters you have 3 guaranteed keys a week if I recall correctly

I don't even use em anymore. Outside of Her Benevolence, maaaaybe the RL and Queen's Cipher there isn't moch of note to be found there.

Edit: just once per reset, not once per character per reset. Done goofed up.

GlamFM

Banned
Congratulations on a clean run!

I see throughout the whole throughout the entire thing Pocket died 20 times. As a level 32 doing six rounds of level 35 content, that's super good! props to you all and congratulations :)

I've probably had runs where I die 20x as s level 34 :p

Drizz is a beast.

We were 3 defender Titans - best way to do it IMO.

rWxLJdT.png

First Petra Wanted bounty you do per reset is a treasure key. This means with 3 characters you have 3 guaranteed keys a week if I recall correctly.

I don't even use em anymore. Outside of Her Benevolence, maaaaybe the RL and Queen's Cipher there isn't moch of note to be found there.
You are actually only guaranteed a key on your first character for the week.

Doing her bounties you have additional chances through the queen's blessing packages, rank ups and ether chests.

Ambitious

First Petra Wanted bounty you do per reset is a treasure key. This means with 3 characters you have 3 guaranteed keys a week if I recall correctly.

See my edit.
Yeah, I've already done all HoW bounties. I usually don't actively search for keys either, but I need one for the Skolas chest.

todd360

Todd, are we gonna do a podcast next weekend after the last of Bungie's pre-TTK streams?

I was thinking about doing one this weekend, but we probably should just wait until next weekend since we already waited this long. We're gonna have a lot to talk about.

Zoidberg

Anyone doing HM crota/have a checkpoint? I gotta get a crux...I can't take seeing that empty year 1 slot on my exotic blueprint screen every time. It will haunt me.

Skolas at 32?

Drizz's back must be aching.

Haha not really, I've definitely had harder ones. 85 minute completion is very reasonable for two newbies. It's all about teamwork and communication.

Skolas allows for lots of deaths and I need very little DPS help for the entire PoE 35. There's tons of room for under-leveled armor and weapons which is the whole point: to help people complete it who might have a hard time otherwise and probably couldn't find an LFG group.

ocean

Banned
Haha not really, I've definitely had harder ones. 85 minute completion is very reasonable for two newbies. It's all about teamwork and communication.

Skolas allows for lots of deaths and I need very little DPS help for the entire PoE 35. There's tons of room for under-leveled armor and weapons which is the whole point: to help people complete it who might have a hard time otherwise and probably couldn't find an LFG group.
Set up a donation link for the inevitable, imminent 11 year old Skolas run.

GlamFM

Banned

I wish Bungie would track guys like you down across all the internet and give you an exclusive sherpa emblem or something.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
A reforged 55A-Allfate is a hyper version of the Stranger's Rifle.... but you're much better off using a messenger or reforged hopscotch.
I really like the action on the Allfate. I know technically The Messenger or Pilgrim are better weapons but it's just a really enjoyable one for shoot.

Tjamato88

I really like the action on the Allfate. I know technically The Messenger or Pilgrim are better weapons but it's just a really enjoyable one for shoot.
Love my allFATE. I wish it had a bigger clip size but otherwise it's my go to weapon. I ascended it to 365 when I had just started playing again.

Only ascendant material I ever got :cries:

E92 M3

I still haven't preordered TTK (no reason to rush); will wait till the weekend before to make sure I don't miss out on any surprise deals.

blamite

You are actually only guaranteed a key on your first character for the week.
Not sure about this, I've regularly gotten a key per character each week this way since HoW came out. Unless the second and third characters just have a very high, but not 100% chance to give a key?

maomaoIYP

Actually I feel the same, I prefer it over the messenger when I just want to relax in regular crucible. But in ToO its ttk is just a little too long compared to the competive meta.

In case there are other pulse rifle lovers reading, my personal favourite roll for the allfate is outlaw/feeding frenzy, braced frame, reactive reload. The reactive reload bonus turns the allfate into a 2 burst kill, with a higher firing rate than the hopscotch/messenger. However this is only good when there are lots of people to kill in a short amount of time, hence it's more for regular crucible.

Tjamato88

still waiting to see if you can buy it on ps3 and get the ps4 version
I swear they said you couldn't do that. I think there was a post on Bungie's forums.

Is the drop rate for stuff standardized across game types or not? Like where do I have the best chance of getting legendary or exotic weapons and gear? PoE, IB or Dragon Strikes?

E92 M3

Yesterday's video from GI really did make me feel better. Lars acknowledged that we commonly say Bungie hates fun, but then he went out to say it's needed for the future of the game. I still respectfully disagree, but am very happy that they know it's what we think.

Very optimistic for Teeteekay

Kyoufu

Yesterday's video from GI really did make me feel better. Lars acknowledged that we commonly say Bungie hates fun, but then he went out to say it's needed for the future of the game. I still respectfully disagree, but am very happy that they know it's what we think.

Well Bungie is right. No matter how much poo-pooing goes on regarding the Weapons 2.0 update, it's a necessary change. We all know it.

FyreWulff

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

noomi

100%

That GI video was great to watch, definitely nice to see Bungie comment on some of the things we feel so strongly about.

E92 M3

Well Bungie is right. No matter how much poo-pooing goes on regarding the Weapons 2.0 update, it's a necessary change. We all know it.

Personally, I think PVP and PVE should be separate because PVE should always have OP weapons. No one really cares about balancing the AI. We should all feel like legends in the end-game.

Kyoufu

Personally, I think PVP and PVE should be separate because PVE should always have OP weapons. No one really cares about balancing the AI. We should all feel like legends in the end-game.

That would make the game too easy and nobody really wants that. At least, I don't.

There is a place for super strong, overpowered weapons in PVE, I agree, but they shouldn't be easily acquired by the community.

Top Bottom