• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ich00

FRENDEN on the 100. Would've liked to join.

Bummed I missed out. I'm regular with many of y'all. I just haven't been on much this week, so I missed sign ups (wife was in the hospital).

Not digging the 100 stuff if it means many of us got left out. Sucks.

We already have the thread--not sure what the point of splintering the community is.

I hope your wife's OK!

It was really just an idea I had after all the talk yesterday and really didn't expect it to fill in about 12 hours.

Think of this group as more of a test group to see if this site can be a viable option for us to all use, by no means will it replace the thread.

matmanx1

I really like the action on the Allfate. I know technically The Messenger or Pilgrim are better weapons but it's just a really enjoyable one for shoot.

Yeah I love the way the Allfate feels. Mine has (if I remember right) hand-laid stock which just about maxes the stability at the expense of some range. It's a laser beam, I just wish it hit harder.

Navy Bean

Of course not. Just do as you would have done before.

The point is that some people have expressed difficulty finding groups even though they feel they are active and have tried, and this is a step to help those players.

Sorry that you missed out on this super-exclusive new clique. We're probably better off without your kind anyway, frankly.

Juuuuuuust kidding, See this post, and keep your eyes peeled for the correct group to join!

FRENDEN, I hope everything's okay with your wife!

Oh come on! Alright, let me make a test game and see if that makes it work.

Hey Hawk. How do you set up a group? I could set one up for XB1 as there's only 6 of us in there now and that's not enough to really work.

So the 100 group is full....should we make a second GAF one (increasing the # of groups even further?).

I need the help of you fine gamers getting the Triumphs complete...only a couple of weeks left. I need Atheon hard (i've only done it piece-meal) and Skolas 35 PoE.

thanks

Ambitious

Man, the Revengeance bounty is annoying (Earn 5 Postmortem medals). It should be easy enough with Thorn, but I just can't get it done.

I can answer that, ya'll are STRAIGHT CRAZY

Definitely try that, and you can also ask in the group chatroom, or schedule something for, say, a half-hour in advance and ask in the game's own chatroom is everyone is ready to go, when the group fills. Or frankly just use the thread. :p

It's important to bear in mind that this isn't a be-all-end-all grouping solution. It functions best when you know what you want to do a bit in the future- even multiple days in advance- and want to secure a group with people who themselves know they'll be free at that time. Planning it a bit in advance is helpful to those who have scheduling issues with finding regular "pick-up groups."

Anything you want to get done "in real time," like launching a group as soon as the final member joins, or starting content and keeping it open for people to join (like a Nightfall) is better suited to the more traditional approaches you've been using.

Yeah, this makes sense, especially the bolded part.

Frenden

Banned

The point is that some people have expressed difficulty finding groups even though they feel they are active and have tried, and this is a step to help those players.

Sorry that you missed out on this super-exclusive new clique. We're probably better off without your kind anyway, frankly.

Juuuuuuust kidding, See this post, and keep your eyes peeled for the correct group to join!

I don't want to orbit the group and be stuck waiting to get in. Seems like a pain to have regulars get the shaft either way because a few squeaky wheels complain their posts get overlooked. The thread moves fast. Sometimes you need to repost. Big whoop.

And now people are posting to the group chat complaining that GAF is whining. Awesome.

Lost two people and three pets in the last two months. I'm in a shit mood. This 100 thing is making me angrier than it should. Gonna walk away from the keyboard for a bit.

yeah, after yesterdays depressing discussion. I can see how this is useful. Just as someone who has been an active member of this community since OT 2 or 3 who doesn't have a regular raid or activity group AT ALL. I rarely ever paly with teh same group and its fun, I get to meet new people. I dont understand why its so hard to find groups. But on the other hand I see alot of new folks coming in asking, help me with my first raid ect... but that usually happens when I am at work and unable to play. otherwise I would gladly help.

hopefully this tool will help them out.
in general its hard to get groups going on at this time as there is a lull in activities and most of us have run the available content to death

Ive tried organizing custom games but get little interest.

NeOak

Welp, the 100 thing is full?

Goodbye DGAF, it was a good run.

Time to join reddit for lfg then since I'm not cool enough to be in the 100 group :(

stb

Thinking out loud, but if users can only join 3 The100 groups, could we break them out by type of activity?

Crucible (including ToO and IB)
Raiding (including PoE)
Other (daily/story/bounties/farming)

Tecnniqe

Banned

Time to join reddit for lfg then since I'm not cool enough to be in the 100 group :(

Download-The-100-Tv-Series-Full-Episodes.jpg

Oh why cant this stop popping into my head when people mention the 100 :|

Namikaze1

I've been doing the same, going to stock up on 5K bounties across each character, and max out marks.

Some have been doing public events and storing the rewards at the postmaster for TTK. Once released, they do the nightfall for the xp buff, pop a focused light and open up everything for a nice chunk of xp... hopefully :p

I however, am not that dedicated lol
My plan is to have 18 PE packages in the postmaster and 10 5k bounties acros all 3 ready for TTK. I'm gonna hold off on handing the bounties in and picking up the packages till I get the new subclasses so that way I could put all that xp towards the subclasses.

So the 100 group is full....should we make a second GAF one (increasing the # of groups even further?).

I need the help of you fine gamers getting the Triumphs complete...only a couple of weeks left. I need Atheon hard (i've only done it piece-meal) and Skolas 35 PoE.

thanks

Aw man...missed the io group. DAMN.

Join the OG group, we have gifts and everything

https://www.the100.io/groups/1653

Arrrammis

I really feel like we should have a playstation 100 and an xbox 100 (people who play on both can join both!) rather than splitting up the population of both platforms.

ocean

Banned
I don't want to orbit the group and be stuck waiting to get in. Seems like a pain to have regulars get the shaft either way because a few squeaky wheels complain their posts get overlooked. The thread moves fast. Sometimes you need to repost. Big whoop.

And now people are posting to the group chat complaining that I'm whining. Awesome.

Lost two people and three pets in the last two months. I'm in a shit mood. This 100 thing is making me angrier than it should. Gonna walk away from the keyboard for a bit.
In case that was me you meant:

I was not complaining! I genuinely would love for this to be a platform where we could have excellent LFG tools with a group size that accommodates us. I meant they don't know how bad we can whine as in, if we ask for a larger group increase hard enough they'll eventually buckle :p (obviously I don't think it would happen, but it would definitely be ideal!!)

Sorry you're in a bad mood, and I'm even sorrier if I contributed to that. Please rest assured it was a misunderstanding though.

That's twice in two days I've posted something that people take issue with. What am I doing wrong here? I stress out so much over communicating clearly in English but this is exactly the kind of thing that causes me anxiety - being misunderstood and then looking like an ass trying to "fix it" when I honestly meant no harm to begin with.

My plan is to have 18 PE packages in the postmaster and 10 5k bounties acros all 3 ready for TTK. I'm gonna hold off on handing the bounties in and picking up the packages till I get the new subclasses so that way I could put all that xp towards the subclasses.

I still need another redbull for that 3rd XP boost

stb

And now people are posting to the group chat complaining that I'm whining. Awesome.

Ugh. Really sorry to hear all this. I can't imagine a much shittier couple months.

Like Hawk said, though, try not to sweat this. I really see it just as an experiment. If it takes, it'll break into smaller groups by region and activity or something with plenty of slots.

Also, the mods said they'd age people out if they're not active, so it won't stay full like the old GAF clans.

Feel free to hit me up if you wanna run stuff (PS4 Berried_treasurE)

I may have to do the same thing. Which means I have to play Destiny everyday until TTK drops. Damn. :p

NeOak

I was not complaining! I genuinely would love for this to be a platform where we could have excellent LFG tools with a group size that accommodates us. I meant they don't know how bad we can whine as in, if we ask for a larger group increase hard enough they'll eventually buckle :p (obviously I don't think it would happen, but it would definitely be ideal!!)

Sorry you're in a bad mood, and I'm even sorrier if I contributed to that. Please rest assured it was a misunderstanding though.

That's twice in two days I've posted something that people take issue with. What am I doing wrong here? I stress out so much over communicating clearly in English but this is exactly the kind of thing that causes me anxiety - being misunderstood and then looking like an ass trying to "fix it" when I honestly meant no harm to begin with.
It's the avatar.

Homeboyd

From the new Official PS Mag (spoilers):

Posting all the new info below:

There are 10 story missions, 3 of which are class-specific, so you'll need 3 Guardians (one of each class) to experience them all.

The doorway across the water behind the Sepiks Prime battle area leads to a "monolithic tower".

There is a "clever and unexpected rug-pull moment involving a mission feature with which you've become all-too familiar with. Avoiding spoilers is a must..."

Regarding new bounties: "keep an eye out for the fireteam-focused ones such as Crucible's 'The Team That Works Together' task, unlocked by fireteams of two or more collectively killing 25 enemies."

Court of Oryx: "it's a type of public event that's controlled by the players. By offering different types of runes to statues in the court you summon various bosses for timed encounters, along with clues to help you succeed in battle. The type of runes you offer dictates the difficulty, though the bosses are summoned at random. Level one foes aren't too tough - requiring you to blast through shields of ever-changing elements, for instance, or taking on two Hive Knights who are invincible until you coax them towards one another - but tier two encounters throw you up against multiple bosses at once while stage three challenges pit you against enemies as tough as anything in the Raids."

There is an exotic auto rilfe called Ukonvasara, which fires arc bullets with chain lightning.

The PlayStation-exclusive class-specific armour sets are "all unlocked via a new collectible called a Sublime Engram. 'When you get a Sublime Engram and you're on PlayStation, you know it's going to be one of those legendary set pieces,' says Luke Smith."

Source

Some info on story missions and CoO. Not a ton, but something at least.

Edit: 2 other CoO bosses:

- Three wizards that need to be killed at roughly the same time by a coordinated fireteam/public group.

- An Ogre who's immune to gunfire, but can be killed by the splash damage from his cursed thrall minions.

I know level 32 was probably too low to be attempting Skolas, but I'm on my final placement and pressed for time over the next two weeks. I'm worried I won't be able to complete my remaining triumphs in time. I did die some twenty times, but I tried to contribute as best as I could, even if that was nothing compared to Drizz and Glam's output. Those guys were awesome. I've been away from the game for too long and only just caught up with the DLC. I want to keep up with the TTK's content and not be caught behind the 8 ball.

It wasn't too low at all. We rolled right through it and you played great! Trust me, I would have said something if I was worried about it. Anyway, hope nothing I posted before came off negative, I only mentioned the Lv32 thing because I thought it was impressive you were able to do it. :)

On my way to the final GAF meet of my trip.

We're gonna talk about you Drizzay :p

Wat. My ears are burning. We need party chat story time once you get back home. Although trying to talk w/o interruption for more than 10 consecutive seconds during reset raids rarely works out...

Juraash

So serious questions here guys. I need....about 60 crucible wins to finish my year 1 triumphs. I am literally attrocious at PVP, if a negative K/D ratio is possible, I will probably have it before this endeavor is done.

So is getting this amount of wins really possible in the time left for someone as bad as me? Would people be interested in GAF groups despite my fail? What modes would be the best way to try and brute force to the 100 win total?

rNilla

Fret not ocean, you're one of the most well-spoken posters here. It's easy to misinterpret text or take things personally when they are not intended that way.

Unfortunately I have this problem in real life since I'm kind of mumble-y monotone.

ocean

Banned
So serious questions here guys. I need....about 60 crucible wins to finish my year 1 triumphs. I am literally attrocious at PVP, if a negative K/D ratio is possible, I will probably have it before this endeavor is done.

So is getting this amount of wins really possible in the time left for someone as bad as me? Would people be interested in GAF groups despite my fail? What modes would be the best way to try and brute force to the 100 win total?
Stay tuned. It's Iron Banner week, so people will be grouping up to play often, and nobody cares too much about skill level :) it's all about having fun.

NeOak

There are 10 story missions, 3 of which are class-specific, so you'll need 3 Guardians (one of each class) to experience them all.

The doorway across the water behind the Sepiks Prime battle area leads to a "monolithic tower".

There is a "clever and unexpected rug-pull moment involving a mission feature with which you've become all-too familiar with. Avoiding spoilers is a must..."

Regarding new bounties: "keep an eye out for the fireteam-focused ones such as Crucible's 'The Team That Works Together' task, unlocked by fireteams of two or more collectively killing 25 enemies."

Court of Oryx: "it's a type of public event that's controlled by the players. By offering different types of runes to statues in the court you summon various bosses for timed encounters, along with clues to help you succeed in battle. The type of runes you offer dictates the difficulty, though the bosses are summoned at random. Level one foes aren't too tough - requiring you to blast through shields of ever-changing elements, for instance, or taking on two Hive Knights who are invincible until you coax them towards one another - but tier two encounters throw you up against multiple bosses at once while stage three challenges pit you against enemies as tough as anything in the Raids."

There is an exotic auto rilfe called Ukonvasara, which fires arc bullets with chain lightning.

The PlayStation-exclusive class-specific armour sets are "all unlocked via a new collectible called a Sublime Engram. 'When you get a Sublime Engram and you're on PlayStation, you know it's going to be one of those legendary set pieces,' says Luke Smith."

Source

I need all 3 classes?
Fuck :(

Raybunny

Clash, Iron Banner, Control. Are all good ways to get some score easy with a Gaf team.

Man, the Revengeance bounty is annoying (Earn 5 Postmortem medals). It should be easy enough with Thorn, but I just can't get it done.

Yeah, this makes sense, especially the bolded part.
Do you have a sunsinger warlock? Rushing an enemy and sticking them with fusion before they shotgun you = quick revengeance bounty.

noomi

Clash would probably be the quickest way, either that or have two people carry you through trials.

Ambitious

Do you have a sunsinger warlock? Rushing an enemy and sticking them with fusion before they shotgun you = quick revengeance bounty.

Yes, I do. I've been trying a similar approach: Two or three Thorn shots + Axion Bolt grenade. Got 4 out of 5 now.

edit: You're right, Fusion Grenade is the way to go.

Deku Tree

Source

Really hope the PS exclusive
armor etc is at max defense stat or can be taken to max defense stat.

This line was supposedly pulled out of the interview on EDGE magazine:

Not all the first-year exotics will be available at launch, though the missing ones will be released over time.

Haven't seen the article myself, so could someone confirm?

zewone

Your English is perfectly fine, don't worry about that. You express yourself better than a lot of folks whose primary language is English. Sometimes good intentions can still rub people the wrong way when they are feeling excluded.

Personally, I think this 100 thing is a huge mistake. Why limit and exclude each other from conversations because 2 to 3 people thought they were overlooked, when a majority of us know that doesn't take place in this thread? It's a bit ridiculous.

Top Bottom