• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Navy Bean

Added 2 new CoO boss descriptions in my original post above. Spoilered.

Join our little DestinyXboxGaf group... We need members.

https://www.the100.io/groups/1658

41SvUM06vcL.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't want to orbit the group and be stuck waiting to get in. Seems like a pain to have regulars get the shaft either way because a few squeaky wheels complain their posts get overlooked. The thread moves fast. Sometimes you need to repost. Big whoop.

And now people are posting to the group chat complaining that GAF is whining. Awesome.

Lost two people and three pets in the last two months. I'm in a shit mood. This 100 thing is making me angrier than it should. Gonna walk away from the keyboard for a bit.
FRENDEN, I hope everything is alright with your wife and my utmost condolences for your losses.

I'm sorry you didn't make the cut for the test group- this is a lot less of a big deal than you might think though. First, I'm sure you can appreciate that this has all been done in the service of helping people who have had trouble grouping up to have more opportunities. If you haven't had any problems in the past, don't change anything about your habits and continue to get groups as you always have.

That said, you WILL be able to join a the100.io DGAF group if you want to. This was never meant to be a "everyone after #100 get screwed" situation, and it isn't going to work that way. You won't be orbiting the group and waiting to get in, and no one is getting the shaft. I promise.

Your mood is being affected deeply by things that have nothing to do with Destiny right now and I'm sure you know that. If you want to talk or vent please send me a PM. Just take a step back and try to bear in mind that we're trying to help and you might not be looking at the full picture.

stb

Added 2 new CoO boss descriptions in my original post above. Spoilered.

These sound really cool. Encounters with mechanics other than "shoot the bullet sponge" are more than welcome.

At first glance, I could see running those way more than PoE, especially because you could do things like go grab a beacon or two and work bounties at the same time.

Frostburn

Your English is perfectly fine, don't worry about that. You express yourself better than a lot of folks whose primary language is English. Sometimes good intentions can still rub people the wrong way when they are feeling excluded.

Personally, I think this 100 thing is a huge mistake. Why limit and exclude each other from conversations because 2 to 3 people thought they were overlooked, when a majority of us know that doesn't take place in this thread? It's a bit ridiculous.

The advantages are a more organized way to coordinate. The organic grouping in this thread has been wonderful (all OT threads for DGAF) but it is hard to get groups for a specific time when the thread moves so fast. It can be done but was never really ideal. There is way to open up events to more than just one group and I know for DGAF 100 is a limiting number but it is just another tool we can use.

Personally, I think this 100 thing is a huge mistake. Why limit and exclude each other from conversations because 2 to 3 people thought they were overlooked, when a majority of us know that doesn't take place in this thread? It's a bit ridiculous.

The advantage here is that there are lot of times where there are LFG posts that fail to make. Like I posted on 2 separate nights trying to get a Flawless group. In-thread LFG posts only work for "right now".

The 100 is a really nice way to schedule.

ocean

Banned
You're fine, dude. I'm just in a terrible mood. Apologies for being abrasive--it's me, not you.

Wait, that sounds like we're breaking up.
You're a Pulse Rifle guy. I'm Ocean. Misunderstandings are bound to happen. All is good, I do hope things start looking up for you. If you ever feel like shooting aliens or scrubs to take your mind off real life being real, we're always here bud.

Gritesh

Anyone running VOG tonight, I hit lvl 30 last night looking to increase my levels with some new gear and get some raiding experience.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ugh. Really sorry to hear all this. I can't imagine a much shittier couple months.

Like Hawk said, though, try not to sweat this. I really see it just as an experiment. If it takes, it'll break into smaller groups by region and activity or something with plenty of slots.

Also, the mods said they'd age people out if they're not active, so it won't stay full like the old GAF clans.

Feel free to hit me up if you wanna run stuff (PS4 Berried_treasurE)
Awesome post, thanks a bunch stb.

The bold will actually happen every 30 days automatically without any input from us, but we can also implement more stringent standards manually.

But really, just try to call the group that exists right now the "test group" in your mind. I should have referred to it that way from the beginning. Thank you to everyone who filled it up so fast- it's really, really helpful to know we can at least sustain, for instance, 50 players without much effort. Crucially, It's not the "main group" or the "prime group." We want meaningful distinctions that (along with the ability to join multiple groups) actually do a BETTER job of securing good groups for the individual than a single group with all 500+ of us in it would.

PuMa

Still... I would prefer year 2 exotic blueprints to be EARNED instead of just GIVEN for owning the original

It would awesome to have new questlines to upgrade your favorite year 1 exotics

No way. I don't want to have to earn/unlock everything again.

No way. I don't want to have to earn/upgrade everything again.

Why not?

You dont LOSE the original

ANd the Year 2 version are basically NEW guns but with the OLD exotic perk unlocked from the start

Im Talking about a QUESTLINE not an RNG drop for Year 2 upgrades

Also.... when you upgrade you have to level up the year 2 version anyways

The whole 100 thing will probably just be used for the first month or so of TTK then it will die down again imo

I know I'll probably use it to set up the new story mission runs and NFs

soqquatto

Still... I would prefer year 2 exotic blueprints to be EARNED instead of just GIVEN for owning the original

I'm sorry, I'll never manage to understand how hitting a random jackpot is "EARNING". let me get this straight, if I complete a nightfall by cheesing it and I get Gjallarhorn 2 - The Gjallarhorning and my mates get 10x Shiny Useless Trinket I've earned it and they didn't?

Gritesh

Man I'm still in the clan NA gaf central 3 I tried to just move over to destiny gaf but the clan is full. Can't believe they have a limit on the clan members still.

Anyone running VOG tonight, I hit lvl 30 last night looking to increase my levels with some new gear and get some raiding experience.
I'm hoping to get on VOG Hard Mode tonight UK time (hard is doable at 30). Need to run through with my Titan and Warlock (Hunter done). Hoping that damn Fatebringer will finally drop. Or the Vex. Or both (praying to RNG gods)

I'm sorry, I'll never manage to understand how hitting a random jackpot is "EARNING". let me get this straight, if I complete a nightfall by cheesing it and I get Gjallarhorn 2 - The Gjallarhorning and my mates get 10x Shiny Useless Trinket I've earned it and they didn't?

NO

Thats not what I am saying

Now that you own the original you embark on a Lore inspired questline ABOUT Gjallarhorn itself in order to ascend the weapon to its new form

Sounds more preferable to me as opposed to just getting the new gun with marks. Not a fitting way to upgrade exotics in my mind. Hell even Legendaries now require you to sacrifice better guns to upgrade them

Skele7on

Banned

#1 Destiny Fan. I love Bungie. Destiny is the greatest game ever made. Even if the thread I'm posting in isn't about Destiny, I'd really like to talk to you about Destiny. Wow, what a game. I'm blown away.

:)

People are weird when it comes to earned / xurned
I don't know why, it's a mystery.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...new_edge_article_for_the_taken_king_confirms/

I assume everyone already discussed this?

Nice to see more confirmation for what I already assumed to be true

I'm of the opinion that by grinding lord knows how many hours, if they're putting them in year 2 I would like them instantly as having to run quests to do them just seems like a side step.

I like a lot of others have a lot to do when TTK comes out, having then to add RNG or another quest whilst racing for raid world first is very unappealing

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I see now I also should have said this from the beginning, if you haven't ever had any trouble grouping or desired a more static grouping solution, you absolutely DO NOT HAVE TO USE the100.io.

It isn't meant to replace the thread, there are even a number of ways it is inferior to the thread for certain grouping scenarios.

It is meant to compliment the thread as a grouping tool for:

1) People who have had trouble grouping up in the past or have difficulty following the thread on a regular basis
2) People with tight schedules who are better off planning activities well in advance
3) People who play at odd/non-primetime hours and want to group with others in the same situation
4) People who otherwise dislike the format/process of using the thread for group forming

And finally and most importantly, no one is being excluded. I apologize for not predicting the reactions to the way the site operates with a hard cap per group. We are absolutely not limiting participation to 100 or 120 or any number at all. Just stay tuned. Even people who are "in" the group that exists may find they wish to join a different one when all is said and done, and I'm not talking long-term for this. We're working it out.

Please, please bear with me. I'm also working on the next OT as we speak (and "doing" my actual real-life job simultaneously). But I will have all the goods to you ASAP.

Frenden

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...new_edge_article_for_the_taken_king_confirms/

I assume everyone already discussed this?

Nice to see more confirmation for what I already assumed to be true

I'm not a big fan of the earning narrative either. You earn the marks or coins that you use to buy or upgrade your exotics more directly than the RNG of a random drop.

Both are valid ways of getting gear. And who's to say that year two versions of year one weapons won't be dropping from activities anyhow? They might. You might not need to spend your marks and could opt-in to "earn" your new Suros back if that's your inclination.

I'd rather just spend the marks...

GutZ31

Awesome post, thanks a bunch stb.

The bold will actually happen every 30 days automatically without any input from us, but we can also implement more stringent standards manually.

But really, just try to call the group that exists right now the "test group" in your mind. I should have referred to it that way from the beginning. Thank you to everyone who filled it up so fast- it's really, really helpful to know we can at least sustain, for instance, 50 players without much effort. Crucially, It's not the "main group" or the "prime group." We want meaningful distinctions that (along with the ability to join multiple groups) actually do a BETTER job of securing good groups for the individual than a single group with all 500+ of us in it would.
This is just a thought, but maybe a Sherpa group should be made that only people willing to be Sherpas/mods to other groups can join, and link to all the other sub groups so Sherpas can be spread across multiple groups.

Basically, we could have all the same Sherpas for all the groups, but give them a way to add new groups that form to a consolidated list.

Am I making sense?

Gritesh

I'm hoping to get on VOG Hard Mode tonight UK time (hard is doable at 30). Need to run through with my Titan and Warlock (Hunter done). Hoping that damn Fatebringer will finally drop. Or the Vex. Or both (praying to RNG gods)
Thanks man but I'm west coast Canada so unfortunately my night time isn't the same as yours :( good luck though!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Join our little DestinyXboxGaf group... We need members.

https://www.the100.io/groups/1658

41SvUM06vcL.jpg
Hey thanks for doing this! I am gonna join with my faux HawkianX1 account. If you're okay with it, could you make me a mod when you get a chance?
This is just a thought, but maybe a Sherpa group should be made that only people willing to be Sherpas/mods to other groups can join, and link to all the other sub groups so Sherpas can be spread across multiple groups.

Basically, we could have all the same Sherpas for all the groups, but give them a way to add new groups that form to a consolidated list.

Am I making sense?
Hmm I think I see what you're saying. Let's talk about this over PM a bit. I gotta run to have a quick lunch now but after that.

I'm not a big fan of the earning narrative either. You earn the marks or coins that you use to buy or upgrade your exotics more directly than the RNG of a random drop.

Both are valid ways of getting gear. And who's to say that year two versions of year one weapons won't be dropping from activities anyhow? They might. You might not need to spend your marks and could opt-in to "earn" your new Suros back if that's your inclination.

I'd rather just spend the marks...

Sounds lame and a missed opportunity to give more character to exotic weapons and the lore behind them

Why not craft year 2 exotic upgrade quests befitting of the lore behind them with adequate diffficulty representative to the quality of the weapon

rNilla

Some observations:

NeoGAF is a clique.
DGAF is a clique within that clique.
The 100 allows for a subset of cliques derived from that clique within a clique to organize.
Cliques naturally form within DGAF and any other community or group of human beings.
"Clique" is not an inherently negative concept.

Seeing other people have fun with each other, and without you, can naturally be upsetting or feel exclusionary.

In a community with hundreds of players for a game with activities for only 3-6 people, everyone is excluded at some point in some sense.

Water is wet.
Grass is green.
The sky is blue.

stb

I see now I also should have said this from the beginning, if you haven't ever had any trouble grouping or desired a more static grouping solution, you absolutely DO NOT HAVE TO USE the100.io.

It isn't meant to replace the thread, there are even a number of ways it is inferior to the thread for certain grouping scenarios.

It is meant to compliment the thread as a grouping tool for:

1) People who have had trouble grouping up in the past or have difficulty following the thread on a regular basis
2) People with tight schedules who are better off planning activities well in advance
3) People who play at odd/non-primetime hours and want to group with others in the same situation
4) People who otherwise dislike the format/process of using the thread for group forming

And finally and most importantly, no one is being excluded. I apologize for not predicting the reactions to the way the site operates with a hard cap per group. We are absolutely not limiting participation to 100 or 120 or any number at all. Just stay tuned. Even people who are "in" the group that exists may find they wish to join a different one when all is said and done, and I'm not talking long-term for this. We're working it out.

Please, please bear with me. I'm also working on the next OT as we speak (and "doing" my actual real-life job simultaneously). But I will have all the goods to you ASAP.

Just PMed you.

soqquatto

NO

Thats not what I am saying

Now that you own the original you embark on a Lore inspired questline ABOUT Gjallarhorn itself in order to ascend the weapon to its new form

Sounds more preferable to me as opposed to just getting the new gun with marks. Not a fitting way to upgrade exotics in my mind. Hell even Legendaries now require you to sacrifice better guns to upgrade them

I'd be OK in having to "earn" in whatever way the new guns if the exotics were carried forward as they said it would happen. since they're effectively nerfing the old to bring in the new, I'm OK with being handed at least some of them back.

stb

Some observations:

NeoGAF is a clique.
DGAF is a clique within that clique.
The 100 allows for a subset of cliques derived from that clique within a clique to organize.
Cliques naturally form within DGAF and any other community or group of human beings.
"Clique" is not an inherently negative concept.

Seeing other people have fun with each other, and without you, can naturally be upsetting or feel exclusionary.

In a community with hundreds of players for a game with activities for only 3-6 people, everyone is excluded at some point in some sense.

Water is wet.
Grass is green.
The sky is blue.

Cliqueception
sorry; I generally avoid the meme-y jokes.

Nuszka

Finally done with the Public Event grimoire.

Never doing another PE ever again. :p

I need to raise my grimoire score!

I was exactly in the same position over a week ago, needed to get my grimoire up. But since we know that grimoire is only visible until you inspect a guardian it does not matter as much to me.

Top Bottom