• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Frenden

Banned
I'd be OK in having to "earn" in whatever way the new guns if the exotics were carried forward as they said it would happen. since they're effectively nerfing the old to bring in the new, I'm OK with being handed at least some of them back.

Yeah. I think I get DrRob's point now. He prefers the exotic bounty method for acquiring gear. Bungie seems to, too, now. They saw the exotic bounties, liked the results, and--according to their interviews lately--seem to be heading that direction for new guns.

I think expecting them to ret-con the old guns into exotic quests is shitload of work.

I'm ambivalent. Exotic quest or drop. All's the same to me. I just want to catch them all.

I'd be OK in having to "earn" in whatever way the new guns if the exotics were carried forward as they said it would happen. since they're effectively nerfing the old to bring in the new, I'm OK with being handed at least some of them back.

Well the one nice thing is Year 2 exotics dont come to you maxed out

You have to upgrade them like any other weapon and I believe they also have to be infused to hit max damage

So no getting end game gear just for owning year 2 exotics.

PuMa

Why not?

You dont LOSE the original

ANd the Year 2 version are basically NEW guns but with the OLD exotic perk unlocked from the start

Im Talking about a QUESTLINE not an RNG drop for Year 2 upgrades

Also.... when you upgrade you have to level up the year 2 version anyways

I already spent hundreds of hours to get everything I have. Not to mention the hours I spent getting exotic shards to upgrade everything a second time. Not again.

Me neither, I spent tons of hours getting the gear I have, I do not want to grind for it again.

We will have plenty of new gear/exotics to chase as it is.

Agreed.

I already spent hundreds of hours to get everything I have. Not to mention the hours I spent getting exotic shards to upgrade everything a second time. Not again.

Agreed.

But why keep playing if you dont have something to work on

Lore inspired upgrade quests for exotics could be a really cool and engaging addition

You learn about the history of the weapon and go on a journey to max it out...

Like others have said thats likely way more work PER GUN than Bungie is willing to pu t in on top of all the other content

Still it would have been a cool path to upgrade year one exotics to year 2

Frenden

Banned
Levels are just a label.

Instead they could replace a level 41 Knight with a level 40 "Ascended Knight" that does 20% more damage and has 30% more health.

Then they should, haha. The psychological barrier is different there. One feels cheap and the other doesn't.

It's like the legendary and rare engram changes they made ages ago. The drop rates are the same now, or worse, but it feels better because expectations are set accordingly.

Deku Tree

Something else from the EDGE article:

Ok but: Special Raid Edition Edit: Guys, this is really exciting. Apparently, Luke Smith and the raid team designed Hard mode first for the new raid, then scaled it back to Normal mode. That's not the cool part, however. The cool part is that Luke Smith is quoted as saying "It's not just going to be Normal and Hard mode." HYPE!

So they designed hard mode and then scaled it down to normal mode and then scaled it up to yeah wipe mode? So three difficulties and one is scaled up from hard mode? If true sounds about the same.

Ok but: Special Raid Edition Edit: Guys, this is really exciting. Apparently, Luke Smith and the raid team designed Hard mode first for the new raid, then scaled it back to Normal mode. That's not the cool part, however. The cool part is that Luke Smith is quoted as saying "It's not just going to be Normal and Hard mode." HYPE!

So they designed hard mode and then scaled it down to normal mode and then scaled it up to yeah wipe mode? So three difficulties and one is scaled up from hard mode? If true sounds about the same.

So will raids have more than two tiers of difficulty now?

They have yet to mention what is happening to the old raids

Then they should, haha. The psychological barrier is different there. One feels cheap and the other doesn't.

It's like the legendary and rare engram changes they made ages ago. The drop rates are the same now, or worse, but it feels better because expectations are set accordingly.

But wouldn't the level 41 enemy have perfect expectations than an new unknown enemy type?

So will raids have more than two tiers of difficulty now?

They have yet to mention what is happening to the old raids

I'm expecting some kind of nightfall equivalent to the raid. Basically Raid with modifiers.

GutZ31

Could just be hard>normal>hold your hand modes.

PuMa

But why keep playing if you dont have something to work on

Lore inspired upgrade quests for exotics could be a really cool and engaging addition

You learn about the history of the weapon and go on a journey to max it out...

Like others have said thats likely way more work PER GUN than Bungie is willing to pu t in on top of all the other content

Still it would have been a cool path to upgrade year one exotics to year 2

I keep playing because the core gameplay is FUN. PVP is a blast, especially Trials. Raids, and general PVE is a blast with friends/DGAF. I don't need a carrot constantly dangled in front of me to keep going.

I agree the lore-inspired quest lines for exotics sound like a good idea that should have been implemented from the start. But not for all exotics. And if bringing it to the year 2 upgrades, make it optional. I am actually in the pro-RNG camp in that regard though.

But wouldn't the level 41 enemy have perfect expectations than an new unknown enemy type?

I'm expecting some kind of nightfall equivalent to the raid. Basically Raid with modifiers.

Oh crazy

I wonder how the loot distribution is going ot be now from 1 all the way up to 40

Are there going to be lvl 25, 32, 38 weapons? lol

Dave_6

Damn, been busy as hell at work this morning. Love the snippets that have been posted from the PS mag and Edge. Can't wait for the 15th!

stb

I assume that means you're in? o_o

I uh hope you don't mean that in a bad way? I'm just asking in both places and first come first serve so no one feels left out =/

Absolutely not. Totally joking. Sorry if it came off catty.

No one should ever take anything I say seriously.
<- Except that

I keep playing because the core gameplay is FUN. PVP is a blast, especially Trials. Raids, and general PVE is a blast with friends/DGAF. I don't need a carrot constantly dangled in front of me to keep going.

I agree the lore-inspired quest lines for exotics sound like a good idea that should have been implemented from the start. But not for all exotics. And if bringing it to the year 2 upgrades, make it optional. I am actually in the pro-RNG camp in that regard though.

Well I was only proposing this idea for JUST the upgrade paths from Year 1

And likely just for the more famous and pronounced Story based exotics

GutZ31

PoE has levels 35-34-32-28
Or Ultra Hard - Hard - Normal - Hold your Hand
I would be OK with this approach for raids going forward. Give the people that think they don't have friends a chance to raid on a match made super easy mode, then need pre made groups for any higher difficulty.

HMM to more than just Normal and Hard Mode for the Raid. I haven't really played any other MMOs so I'm not sure what to expect.

Because Crota HM at Level 32 wasn't bad enough...

Oh crazy

I wonder how the loot distribution is going ot be now from 1 all the way up to 40

Are there going to be lvl 25, 32, 38 weapons? lol

I'd be willing to bet the existing ATK levels will place a weapon in a new level category.

300 weapons will be given a req of level 30, 331 will be given a req of level 32, etc...

Axoman

Levels are just a label.

Instead they could replace a level 41 Knight with a level 40 "Ascended Knight" that does 20% more damage and has 30% more health.

That would require too much work, they'd just up the level like they have in the past.

I want to be on the same level as the enemy. I don't want a 30% damage given/taken penalty.

I still see a recommended level for an activity, I haven't seen a recommended light level for activities yet, so I'm guessing activities will still have purely level based requirements.

soqquatto

Well the one nice thing is Year 2 exotics dont come to you maxed out

You have to upgrade them like any other weapon and I believe they also have to be infused to hit max damage

So no getting end game gear just for owning year 2 exotics.

I kinda hate the fact that I can't be handed the endgame guns just like that. Why Destiny can't be just a game of skill and needs to be this grindy experience? what's so bad in the "here, take this, have fun" approach? I'm pretty sure I didn't have fun getting Thorn, at all. the final strike was harrowing but decidedly NOT fun, and getting the void damage in the crucible was a necessary chore that gave me the ropes for PVP but that I completely hated. it's profundly wrong, this philosophy that you have to grind and hold it while you slowly work toward a tool that should make your game experience better. will it be more fun when I'll get my gun? it got definitely more fun when I got a Fatebringer and did strikes, nightfalls, whatever. it was certainly more fun than doing the same things with The Chance. why are you taking it away from me? was I wrong in having fun with it?

Bogeypop

Then I take it you meant it not jokingly like stb did and you think I'm flaunting I'm in the "exclusive" club or something? If you did take it that way, I'm sorry. Like I said, I'm asking in both places so no one feels left out. I'm not getting any takers in either place so I'm having to resort to LFG anyways.

Gritesh

Then I take it you meant it not jokingly like stb did and you think I'm flaunting I'm in the "exclusive" club or something? If you did take it that way, I'm sorry. Like I said, I'm asking in both places so no one feels left out.
I think this is what people are afraid of.

If they aren't in the 100 the groups are being formed there before here. The chances of getting into a group are that much smaller unless your in the100.
Especially if gaf is your only place you look for groups at.

I kinda hate the fact that I can't be handed the endgame guns just like that. Why Destiny can't be just a game of skill and needs to be this grindy experience? what's so bad in the "here, take this, have fun" approach? I'm pretty sure I didn't have fun getting Thorn, at all. the final strike was harrowing but decidedly NOT fun, and getting the void damage in the crucible was a necessary chore that gave me the ropes for PVP but that I completely hated. it's profundly wrong, this philosophy that you have to grind and hold it while you slowly work toward a tool that should make your game experience better. will it be more fun when I'll get my gun? it got definitely more fun when I got a Fatebringer and did strikes, nightfalls, whatever. it was certainly more fun than doing the same things with The Chance. why are you taking it away from me? was I wrong in having fun with it?

Its not any different from snagging a fatebringer

You still had to level the gun up... And THEN you need etheric light to use it in endgame content

I assume that this is just the way to control damage output in the beginning so the new content isnt trivialized by people upgrading early with Legendary marks

Year 2 versions start at 280 i believe? Not sure what they hit when maxed out and I am also not sure if Year 2 exotics follow the same rules for infusion

Bogeypop

I think this is what people are afraid of.

If they aren't in the 100 the groups are being formed there before here. The chances of getting into a group are that much smaller unless your in the100.
Especially if gaf is your only place you look for groups at.

I only asked for two people because everyone from my first group who did CE HM decided to stick around for a CE NM as well. Otherwise I'd have just made a fresh group and asked in both places. Plus even then, one of the people who just did CE HM went to do VoG instead. So I need even more. No one in the thread or in the100 is saying they want to come along so I'm resorting to LFG anyways.

I created an Xbox One 100 group. Feel free to join and spread the word.

https://www.the100.io/groups/1658

Joined! Xboxers Unite!

i think/hope the "the100" thing sticks because it's handy for people that can schedule when they play and may help slow this thread a bit so it is manageable for people who want to arrange LFG here.

I'd bet you find the average age of the100 is higher as "old people" have to plan their lives whilst impetuous youngsters game when they damn well like! :)

Kyoufu

I was exactly in the same position over a week ago, needed to get my grimoire up. But since we know that grimoire is only visible until you inspect a guardian it does not matter as much to me.

I understand. I feel the same way but still, something compels me to get it done. Never stepping into Rumble ever again though, so I'll never have max points.

The Patrol bosses sound interesting. I feel for anyone that is going to play TTK like a checklist. It's going to be like a full time job with all the stuff coming. I'm excited.

Skele7on

Banned
Then I take it you meant it not jokingly like stb did and you think I'm flaunting I'm in the "exclusive" club or something? If you did take it that way, I'm sorry. Like I said, I'm asking in both places so no one feels left out. I'm not getting any takers in either place so I'm having to resort to LFG anyways.

I really don't mind, I openly see I annoy a fair amount of people in this thread, so wouldn't join on the basis of that, wouldn't want people to suffer due to me being there.

I am part of invigorate anyway so I always have people to play with if not I play with the few on here that can stand to play with me :p

PS
If you drink the stuff Use "invigorate" for 10% off on GFuel!

darknil

So, things to do in Destiny before TTK releases would be:

- Getting marks (or at least get in groups of 50s until Sept 14).
- Earn rep on your favourite faction.
- Do not claim Legendary packages at postmaster.
- Weekly for Strange Coins
- Running Nightfalls / Raids / Prison / whatever that has an opportunity to drop an exotic item.
- Buy Exotic gear from Xur that you don't have.
- Shard exotic duplicates for exotic shards.
- Buy planet materials
- Triumphs
- Getting grimmoire 3000+

Other activities would be a waste on resources and/or vault space.

Correct me if wrong!

Note: is there any reason to upgrade exotics now other than doing on the background while normal play?

Top Bottom