• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Lnkn52

I assume that was "I WON'T be playging again until this weekend."

Lol did ya'll win?

yes, sorry; lol. We lost that round, and ofcourse they tea-bagged us.

Edit: I dedicated this page topper to all the nasty, tea-baggers out there in the world/

500px-Teabag.gif

deoee

For the Thorn bounty, control is recommended. Pick off your teammates kills.

I remember doing this Thorn Bounty WAAAY back when the game came out with some shitty fusion rifle and camping in corners.
Surprisingly I finished the whole thing in like two 2 hour sessions of crucible :D

MrDaravon

I am never leaving Control until I finish my Thorn and Invective bounties.

FUCKING EVER.

I was in Control, but then I had 3 matches in a row where it kept putting me against a team of 4+ people and my team was completely incompetent so I couldn't make any progress (in one game I had the same guy spawn kill me 3 times in a row which I've never even seen before). If my team is even remotely decent I can go to town in Control, but after multiple awful games in a roll figured I would give Rumble a shot to see if that was any better.

Anyone up for Hard VoG today? I have the Templar CP.

Would love to, I'm home today but right now I'm stuck waiting on a maintenance person to come, so I don't want to party up until after he comes since I'll have to be able to leave at the drop of a hat :/

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
it's my birthday today... any xboners want to take me to mercury for the first time tonight?

otherwise me and imperatorpat will just go 8-3 again and cry in a corner :D

Happy Birthday! If I had the skills to lead you to Mercury I would joyfully volunteer. As it stands I'm a solid second and a great third.
So.... If you need some help after finding a strong leader shoot me a invite. I'll be around.

Public Servive Annoucement:
I have HM Crota checkpoint on two of my characters. Crux get will hopefully happen today.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Happy Birthday! If I had the skills to lead you to Mercury I would joyfully volunteer. As it stands I'm a solid second and a great third.
So.... If you need some help after finding a strong leader shoot me a invite. I'll be around.

Public Servive Annoucement:
I have HM Crota checkpoint on two of my characters. Crux get will hopefully happen today.

Hey man, what time are you running Crota? I still need a Crux.

hydruxo

No idea if this has been asked/answered yet, but Is Prison of Elders going to be largely defunct when TKK comes out, or are there plans to bump up/add higher level options?

I'm assuming that level 40 guardians will have little reason to return to it, but given that it is impossible to own TKK without both existing DLC I am curious if Bungie has any intention of actually keeping that DLC content relevant once TKK is released.

I mean, PoE is already pretty dead as is. I doubt they'll update it, and it has its place for players who are at the appropriate levels. Bungie would have to do a lot of work and make it less monotonous (add more objectives, more modifiers, more Variks' gifts, etc.) for people to want to go back to it. The rewards just aren't worth the time in comparison to what you can get from the raids and trials either.

Klyka

Banned
I got a friend who has never done any raid and we'd like to do his first VoG playthrough tomorrow. Any people who would be up for helping?

maomaoIYP

I was in Control, but then I had 3 matches in a row where it kept putting me against a team of 4+ people and my team was completely incompetent so I couldn't make any progress (in one game I had the same guy spawn kill me 3 times in a row which I've never even seen before). If my team is even remotely decent I can go to town in Control, but after multiple awful games in a roll figured I would give Rumble a shot to see if that was any better.

I did my thorn bounty on rumble, with a defender titan. Used armamentarium, keep on sticking people with nades and then call a bubble on the heavy ammo box for a machine gun. It was way easier for me than control.

ich00

No idea if this has been asked/answered yet, but Is Prison of Elders going to be largely defunct when TKK comes out, or are there plans to bump up/add higher level options?

I'm assuming that level 40 guardians will have little reason to return to it, but given that it is impossible to own TKK without both existing DLC I am curious if Bungie has any intention of actually keeping that DLC content relevant once TKK is released.

I hope they do something with it. I've gotten everything I wanted out of it and haven't even bothered with running it unless it's to help someone out. Maybe some of those random weapons that have shank burns will be super useful once TTK some out and they'll be a run to go back and play it again, who knows tho.

VoG and Crota are still fun to do, that's why I still run those at least once weekly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Can someone on XB1 whos like level 30+ quickly run through the Summoning Pits strike with me? Have a bounty I want to turn in.

It's a level 12 which yea is fuck all but just went with two other level 9's who seem new and its taking forever then we died right at the end just as Phogoth was nearly dead.

Just need someone to plow the fucker down with some Gjallahorn shots.

X-Frame

Do we know what today's Game Informer article will be about?

I hope they do something with it. I've gotten everything I wanted out of it and haven't even bothered with running it unless it's to help someone out. Maybe some of those random weapons that have shank burns will be super useful once TTK some out and they'll be a run to go back and play it again, who knows tho.

VoG and Crota are still fun to do, that's why I still run those at least once weekly.

I've yet to run PoE above 32. I'll do 35 once for the Triumph then I'll wait until I am 35+ to return only to get the 3 exotic bounties. Then never again.

So I have OG Destiny on the PS4 but I've barely touched it. I kind of want the physical collector's edition of The Taken King, but the PS4 version is unavailable. I'd be willing to nab the Xbox One version, but I was just curious if the multiplayer is as active on the Xbox One as the PS4, or at least active enough? Thanks ^^

Would love to, I'm home today but right now I'm stuck waiting on a maintenance person to come, so I don't want to party up until after he comes since I'll have to be able to leave at the drop of a hat :/

I'll go. I could use one more shot at a fatebringer before the week rolls.

Cool. I am just doing some daily bounties, but I can fire it up whenever. Daravon, send me a message when you're ready, and we will round out the squad afterward.

Wow, a single game of Rumble completely undid all of my Void progress of the last 45 minutes. Got absolutely dominated since everyone else in the game was a tryhard, game was also spawning people on top of each other etc. Is Rumble always like this? Jesus. Not even halfway on this bounty after 2 hours. That absolutely cemented me never getting max Grimoire score, no way in fuck I'm playing that. Can't believe only 1st place gets credit as a win, fucking ridiculous Bungie.

Yeah stick to control and IF you having a terrible match for whatever reason, just back out. Sucks leaving a match but it's better than losing all your progress in one match.

MrDaravon

Cool. I am just doing some daily bounties, but I can fire it up whenever. Daravon, send me a message when you're ready, and we will round out the squad afterward.

Will do. Would love to get going on it but I'm probably gonna have to bail for at least a few minutes whenever this guy shows up. Worse case if we've got a full group ready to go message me and I'll join up, I just might have to bail at some point.

....are there any kind hearted DGAF'ers around who are also good at Trials? And willing to help me try and carry a very young Guardian? *cough cough*

Don't all raise your hands at once...

I remember doing this Thorn Bounty WAAAY back when the game came out with some shitty fusion rifle and camping in corners.
Surprisingly I finished the whole thing in like two 2 hour sessions of crucible :D

As a hunter I had no void abilities, so I had to camp corners with a void comedian shotgun. This came after about a week of trying to do with my stupid 3 shot sniper rifle.

Namikaze1

Goddammit! I can't seem to find a gif of Captain America running with his shield raised before him. I need it for some more Avengers and Titan comparisons!

Death from Above = Superman Smash (yes DC I know!)

Regular Fist of Havoc = Hulk Smash

That running over shield = the Captain America comparison I'm trying to make

Sunbreaker Titan = obviously Thor

Top Bottom