• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

E92 M3

Yup! I'm pretty excited to watch it, this OT is going to explode haha

Awesome man, this thing looks better and better every time I see it :D

Someone posted on reddit that they Bungie had added "Hardcore playlist with no supers and limited equip" so who knows, we might get custom matches one day... or better yet... maybe they will reveal it during the twitch streams :D

Haven't heard much about this hardcore mode. Is that a leak? Honestly, I think supers make destiny unique and diluting the formula too much would make it like any other shooter.

ocean

Banned
Dgaf sweaties tournament?
Unstable, Rubenov and Wicked went 5-0 against Luminosity (was it them? Can't recall). Sounds like they stomped but every match went down to like a 100 point advantage. Things got sweaty and Unstable broke his computer desk :p

We need more of this.

Drizz, Zoba, Unstable, Rubenov, Fig, Wicked (honorary GAFer), the Dutch... I'd love to see you guys match up.

Namikaze1

Why do you hate me, Eva? Don't you want my glimmer? I just want that emblem! Why won't you sell that emblem?! What will it take for you to sell that emblem?! ;__;

ocean

Banned
Haven't heard much about this hardcore mode. Is that a leak? Honestly, I think supers make destiny unique and diluting the formula too much would make it like any other shooter.
I think Supers aren't that big a problem. Orb generation was because it drove momentum too far. A little advantage = super = orbs = more supers = bigger advantage and it just snowballs. But they already said there'll be fewer orbs in PvP.

EL CUCO

Unstable, Rubenov and Wicked went 5-0 against Luminosity (was it them? Can't recall). Sounds like they stomped but every match went down to like a 100 point advantage. Things got sweaty and Unstable broke his computer desk :p

We need more of this.

Drizz, Zoba, Unstable, Rubenov, Fig, Wicked (honorary GAFer), the Dutch... I'd love to see you guys match up.
Lumi didn't play against them. He's BSK (Bomb Squad Kittens) now. It was versus Birdy, Kool, and our very own Skele7on aka Cryptarch.

They played REALLY REALLY good tho. Funny to hear Stabbie every match say "OK guys, lets get heavy!... Oh wait, no heavy. Thats right :/"
Yeah it's CM.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/143343526/0/0/1

Didn't know Adamant was done. Btw someone has to step up and organize stuff on PSN. There's nothing happening! There was a tourney like two weeks back but it was super low profile in comparison :/

I'd love to see 13dev, BSk, iAM and the rest of the guys who at least have characters on PS play some sweats. Everyone is on Xbox :(
Yeah the Nemesis tourney got kinda bogged down because they changed the date a few times and had some weird rules that the sweaty community wasn't really fond of. (1 of each class and 1 of each exotic HC allowed per team)

That moment when I’m at C and B is up and you guys have 5 seconds left on your revive and I had to decide to either wait or book it and get them myself. With the music turned off it was the eeriest round of last guardian standing mines. Modifiers cleared; we do it!

That arc burn cabal round is tricky, tracking down the psions asap is key because they laugh at titan bubbles and wipe full fireteams that stick together for fun.

Yeah. Psions are the devil.

ocean

Banned
Lumi didn't play against them. He's BSK (Bomb Squad Kittens) now. It was versus Birdy, Kool, and our very own Skele7on aka Cryptarch.

They played REALLY REALLY good tho. Funny to hear Stabbie every match say "OK guys, lets get heavy!... Oh wait, no heavy. Thats right :/"
That's right. I was sure Lumi wasn't there but I had a feeling it was Luminosity :p

Both teams did amazingly well. Some fantastic matches for real. Just a shame that things got a bit salty after a while :p but that happens lol.

Stabie gets real intense but he doesn't give the other team shit. His trash talk is all towards himself and mates "cmon guys we can do this, were better than this". I really respect that.

Namikaze1

You just want me to visit your lonely self, huh Eva? Is that it? Is that why you won't sell it, Eva? Because I'll stop coming if you do? (which honestly it's true)

rNilla

Can you get me on that hypecube? :D

Welcome aboard!

hypenaught.png

E92 M3

I don't think enough credit is giving to Bungie for throwing in night time version of maps. It's such a cool feature and rusted lands during the night is my favorite version.

ocean

Banned
I don't think enough credit is giving to Bungie for throwing in night time version of maps. It's such a cool feature and rusted lands during the night is my favorite version.
You have a video? Pretty sure I've never seen Rusted Lands at night :(

noomi

It's just on their wishlist, so possibly something they will consider looking into at some future time. Who knows how these things work :p

This ship is clearly current as my new avatar has already been updated.

I would make this my wallpaper, but then people might.... think I'm crazy

E92 M3

You have a video? Pretty sure I've never seen Rusted Lands at night :(

No video, sorry. I'm sure there are some on youtube though.

It's just on their wishlist, so possibly something they will consider looking into at some future time. Who knows how these things work :p

I would make this my wallpaper, but then people might.... think I'm crazy

I hope that private matches are higher, though :)

ocean

Banned
Custom games would remove the necessity for so many niche playlists though. We don't need a no radar one, a no super one, a no exotic one etc.

Just allow private matches with custom rules and have them not drop anything or count for bounties. The game would get a pretty big popularity boost if the competitive scene didn't have to jump through so many hoops to practice together or make a tournament.

If they were to make a new playlist? Ranked matches playlist pls. Noobs shouldn't be matched with Poshy. Unstable shouldn't be matched with me. It's not fun for the top players to stomp, and it's not fun for a level 9 to be Thorn raped.

NeOak

Custom games would remove the necessity for so many niche playlists though. We don't need a no radar one, a no super one, a no exotic one etc.

Just allow private matches with custom rules and have them not drop anything or count for bounties. The game would get a pretty big popularity boost if the competitive scene didn't have to jump through so many hoops to practice together or make a tournament.

If they were to make a new playlist? Ranked matches playlist pls. Noobs shouldn't be matched with Poshy. Unstable shouldn't be matched with me. It's not fun for the top players to stomp, and it's not fun for a level 9 to be Thorn raped.

Didn't they say they are adding ranking?

Izuna

Banned
Anyone up for some Xbone anything?
I'm super good at trials if you need help there.

Otherwise I'm just on the Vita... waiting...

Good lord ranking up new Guardians are boring.

I just did my titan to 28 just to remind myself of how it plays before I do my hunter on TTK.

1-20 isnt bad but getting gear for breaking onto 30 is kind of a drag.

The new progress curve with TTK will be very welcome and I cant wait to see all the changes

LordofPwn

man a little over 11 months since the game launched and we're already on OT28. impressive. also shoutout to the Doc for keeping these OTs looking fresh.

noomi

Just wondering, for the bungie twitch stream will we use the same group comment that Noomi has done for e3 streams?

Great idea.

What is this you speak of??? Newbie here

Sure we can do that again :D God knows the twitch chat will be absolutely insane.

The channel name is DGAF@E3, I can send out invites to everyone interested. Also if you have been previously invited to the channel you can invite other people as well.

Just need the twitch name ;)

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Whats the patch gonna do?
nolan north is going to be the new ghost and they're going to (allegedly) add tdb and how elements into the story to make things more cohesive.

We have a Twitch comment group started that a bunch of DGAF used for E3 viewing/commenting. Should be easy to get you added. I think you just need to post your Twitch name so we can invite you...?

Sure we can do that again :D God knows the twitch chat will be absolutely insane.

The channel name is DGAF@E3, I can send out invites to everyone interested. Also if you have been previously invited to the channel you can invite other people as well.

Just need the twitch name ;)
I wish I could join guys but I'll be at work. Ugh lol. I suppos I could join the chat on my phone but I wouldn't be able to watch the stream lol.

Top Bottom