• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

kidko

Didn't wanna be in your stupid clubhouse anyway <kicks can>

kid-cant-kick-ball-o.gif

Frenden

Banned
I wonder if we'll have a period where the Cryptarch is unable to decrypt new engrams after the update hits but before the launch like we did last time?

With everyone busting at the seams, vault wise, this time that could be a pain, heh.

vctor182

Oh man, Hype levels are reaching critical levels, we still have 2 weeks and OT28 is reaching its end. We'll be at OT 30 by the time TTK arrives....think about it guys, 30 OTs in 1 year. Nothing has come close to this.

Frenden

Banned
You are now a DestinyXboxGaf mod... Don't ban me.

Other Lonely Xboners join here: https://www.the100.io/groups/1658

Haven't sales suggested that Xbox Destiny continues to move more copies than PS4? I'm surprised the Xbox folk are in such a minority. But I guess GAF is a self-selecting group that isn't necessarily indicative of the larger Destiny community?

I was tempted to buy a One and Destiny to make new characters, but ended up making a sub account on PSN and going that route. Still, if there's a good bundle/sale a while after TTK, I might bite.

X-Frame

In the GI video from yesterday, it is quite interesting that even Mark Noseworthy didn't know that exotic bounties were even in the game at release. I don't know how that happens, even if they were added to the game very late.

So, things to do in Destiny before TTK releases would be:

- Getting marks (or at least get in groups of 50s until Sept 14).
- Earn rep on your favourite faction.
- Do not claim Legendary packages at postmaster.
- Weekly for Strange Coins
- Running Nightfalls / Raids / Prison / whatever that has an opportunity to drop an exotic item.
- Buy Exotic gear from Xur that you don't have.
- Shard exotic duplicates for exotic shards.
- Buy planet materials
- Triumphs
- Getting grimmoire 3000+

Other activities would be a waste on resources and/or vault space.

Correct me if wrong!

Note: is there any reason to upgrade exotics now other than doing on the background while normal play?

if the past expansions are anything to go by, legendary packages you ahve at the post master will still give out old gear even after the new expansion. best bet is to edge your factions to almost the next level, turn in a bounty when TTK arrives to push it over. then youll be guaranteed a post TTK package.

Lothars

Haven't sales suggested that Xbox Destiny continues to move more copies than PS4? I'm surprised the Xbox folk are in such a minority. But I guess GAF is a self-selecting group that isn't necessarily indicative of the larger Destiny community?

I was tempted to buy a One and Destiny to make new characters, but ended up making a sub account on PSN and going that route. Still, if there's a good bundle/sale a while after TTK, I might bite.
From what I've noticed it seems like the main sales for the game has been ps4 but xbox has a decent amount of people playing. I've never had an issue finding a group.

NeOak

Not really.

I thought it played during the credits but it doesn't anymore?
It never has been part of the credits

if the past expansions are anything to go by, legendary packages you ahve at the post master will still give out old gear even after the new expansion. best bet is to edge your factions to almost the next level, turn in a bounty when TTK arrives to push it over. then youll be guaranteed a post TTK package.
I believe Cryptarch packages are the exception. The type of engrams in them are predetermined but not the content of the engrams, which is decided at the moment you take the package from the postmaster. I'm saving my Cryptarch packages and will see if this works again in TTK.

shermas

I am Legend get... finally did level 35. Wasn't too bad. Found a group on LFG, the entire thing took us under an hour. I killed myself twice (teammate stepped in front of rocket), but other than that, it was pretty good. The mines spawned perfectly, which was a big help.

So I'm testing my Pilgrim, rolled same perks as Messenger (Third Eye, Headseeker) and it's not as good as I thought it would be.

The weapon isnt overpowered

Its benefit comes from it being reliable, accurate and stable.

Also its rerollable to give even more versatility

So I'm testing my Pilgrim, rolled same perks as Messenger (Third Eye, Headseeker) and it's not as good as I thought it would be.
The analysis I've seen on reddit suggested headseeker isn't that great on high impact pulse rifles. I think reactive reload, rangefinder, or hidden hand might be better perks for that slot.

Navy Bean

Dusted off Bad Juju for IB last night and that gun is legit. Not sure how it would work for Trials or 3v3 but it's great for a chaotic mode like Control.

Frenden

Banned

You want Hidden Hand or Rangefinder in that last slot. Reactive Reload can be great, but it's inconsistent, so I steer clear.

The other thing--the Hopscotch has better handling and ADS, so even with the same perks it's still marginally better than Messenger.

j-wood

In the GI video from yesterday, it is quite interesting that even Mark Noseworthy didn't know that exotic bounties were even in the game at release. I don't know how that happens, even if they were added to the game very late.

Probably because 3/4s of the population has never even seen one. I know I haven't. How do you get one?

Top Bottom