• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Daemul

Haven't sales suggested that Xbox Destiny continues to move more copies than PS4? I'm surprised the Xbox folk are in such a minority. But I guess GAF is a self-selecting group that isn't necessarily indicative of the larger Destiny community?

I was tempted to buy a One and Destiny to make new characters, but ended up making a sub account on PSN and going that route. Still, if there's a good bundle/sale a while after TTK, I might bite.

DestinyGAF is more tilted towards PS4 than other Destiny communities, the population is far more balanced on places like Reddit and Bungie.net.

PuMa

Probably because 3/4s of the population has never even seen one. I know I haven't. How do you get one?

3/4's I'd say is a bit too steep of an estimation. I can't even remember how many I've received. I just delete them immediately at this point. You can get them randomly when turning in bounties.

chur

Probably because 3/4s of the population has never even seen one. I know I haven't. How do you get one?
You get one by turning in bounties. It's RNG and some people say you're more likely to get one if you turn in a bunch of bounties all at once.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Finally, I beat Skolas.

Dude you should save the last alt for TTK to experience the game again in remixed form

Thats what Im gonna do anyways
It is already done

I'm sure you could scrub them out fairly easily. But I do recommend snapping screenshots from time to time. This was just a moment from the beginning of our (failed) flawless attempt the other night. I saw them both aiming down their sights, so I did the same for the depth of field effect. It looks rad.

edit:
Here's a link at the original resolution. Won't post in the thread since it's huge.
http://i.imgur.com/yDVMu14.jpg

oh right just saw this ty

Mupod

You get one by turning in bounties. It's RNG and some people say you're more likely to get one if you turn in a bunch of bounties all at once.

It seems strange but it's honestly how I've gotten all mine. Just did a bunch at once and mashed the button to turn them in. I think I have all of the exotic bounty weapons now.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Dusted off Bad Juju for IB last night and that gun is legit. Not sure how it would work for Trials or 3v3 but it's great for a chaotic mode like Control.

Got the bounty for Juju last night so grinding through Strikes. Looking forward to using it. Doubt I'll get any time to use it on IB but I was going like a monster last night with Plan C.

darknil

Thanks Cuco, Ophelion, Tecnniqe, Robdraggoo. Reposting correctly for anyone.

So, things to do in Destiny before TTK releases would be:
- Getting marks (or at least get in groups of 50s until Sept 14).
- Earn rep on your favourite faction.
- Get your rep level close to finish on factions before Sept 15.
- Weekly for Strange Coins
- Running Nightfalls / Raids / Prison / whatever that has an opportunity to drop an exotic item.
- Buy Exotic gear from Xur that you don't have.
- Shard exotic duplicates for exotic shards.
- Buy planet materials
- Triumphs
- Getting grimmoire 3000+
- Have fun.

The one thing I want to do before TTK is accumulate the shaders and emblems that I won't be able to get once the DLC comes out. Bungie presented the kiosk like a list to help us hunt what's missing, so I have no idea what they are going to do with unobtainable shaders and emblems or which ones will be unobtainable. You can't just hoard them because there just isn't the vault space at this point. I'm hoping a reddit thread (or something) on this gets more traction before the release.

What time on 9/15 will TTK open up?

I'm asking for a friend who took the week off from work and wants to start playing as soon as it drops because I have an unhealthy obsession.

zewone

I'm asking for a friend who took the week off from work and wants to start playing as soon as it drops because I have an unhealthy obsession.

12AM EST it's available on PSN to launch.

I don't think Bungie has confirmed when they will flip the switch.

flkraven

So is there a 100 thing for XB1 players? Put me on the list of someone that would join that if we need more people to make it happen.

X-Frame

So a SGA for everyone, if your vault space allows you may want to hold onto the Crucible reward shaders until 9/15 so that you can have those added to the kiosk.

Deku Tree

The one thing I want to do before TTK is accumulate the shaders and emblems that I won't be able to get once the DLC comes out. Bungie presented the kiosk like a list to help us hunt what's missing, so I have no idea what they are going to do with unobtainable shaders and emblems or which ones will be unobtainable. You can't just hoard them because there just isn't the vault space at this point. I'm hoping a reddit thread (or something) on this gets more traction before the release.

Not sure if you saw this list of all shaders: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...of_all_shaders_and_how_to_obtain_them_august/

All my emblem and Shader slots are basically full so I'm kind of out of luck in terms of collecting more of them.

Navy Bean

The real question is when are the SERVERS going to work? There's at least a 50% chance that it's a complete shit-show on 9/15.

Tjamato88

Host it on imgur.com.
thumbsup.jpg

CPZCyOX.jpg

Good roll, bad roll or mixed roll? Worth rerolling?

Namikaze1

But that's not enough time to 100% GZ and bring everything over to MGSV!
I did all the non-exclusive side ops. Just need to take the two targets alive in that one side op mission.
I killed them didn't know they were part of a trophy
. Besides, I ain't never gonna platinum the MGS games. I always get caught. Always. And I'm never gonna 100% it.

Nami has forsaken eva.
Eva is dead to me until she has what I want.

rNilla

I did all the non-exclusive side ops. Just need to take the two targets alive in that one side op mission.
I killed them didn't know they were part of a trophy
. Besides, I ain't never gonna platinum the MGS games. I always get caught. Always.

I've done hardly anything in GZ. I revisted MGS4 a couple weeks ago and did a no kill / no alert run but I've never done anything like that before. Also I had to reload my save many many many times.

Not getting caught in GZ seems a lot harder.

Namikaze1

I've done hardly anything in GZ. I revisted MGS4 a couple weeks ago and did a no kill / no alert run but I've never done anything like that before. Also I had to reload my save many many many times.

Not getting caught in GZ seems a lot harder.
There's a pic of what carries over to PP in that Ground Zeroes thread on gaming side. Use that to see what it is you're missing. Those two guys are the only thing I'm missing.

Okay, no more MGS talk.

Urk just popped over into the gaming side thread.

Nothing fancy, just said that the demo for Destiny updates with the game so players who try to demo after TTK comes out will be playing the 2.0.0 version.

Top Bottom