• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

rNilla

There's a pic of what carries over to PP in that Ground Zeroes thread on gaming side. Use that to see what it is you're missing. Those two guys are the only thing I'm missing.

Okay, no more MGS talk.

OK I've done most of that. Shouldn't be too hard to finish it up.

Destiny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Back from lunch! I can see that the Xbox the100 group is up to 24 members, that's not a bad start at all!

Multiplatform players, please join the XB1 group here even! Even if you've already joined another group. You can be in up to 3.

Also, I realize people are getting email spammed now since the activity spiked right up.
You may want to futz with this option in your profile:
Sc4sd8U.png

Alternatively you can do what I did and set up a filter/label combo in Gmail so that if you want to you can look just at DGAF listings in your email, but they won't take up room in your inbox. Will post steps to do this soon.

We're getting dangerously close to 190 so I need to work a bit on the OT first, but then I'm going to get into setting up additional the100.io groups.

Just want to reassure everyone, barring any unfortunate, unforeseen disasters, everybody who wants to will be able to join a the100.io group by the end of the day.

Mindlog

The 100 is fantastic, but our community is so large that it too can become unwieldy.
We should consider very specific 100 group subsets and kick those that aren't active. Basically a very powerful list management tool.

100 First Skolas
100 Noobie Raiders

That type of deal. Have 10 or so Sherpas start the group and then encourage anyone to sign up as long as they are active in an event. Kindly leave after completing the event.

Speaking of Sherpa.
Does anyone have Hard Gorgon CP to share? I like passing that one around and a few people have been asking me.

Kalamari

Wait, so what are the things to be done in Ground Zeroes that carry over into Phantom Pain? I think I still need to rescue all the prisoners.

RetroMG

Going to join one of the 100 groups, even though I'm going to be in full-on MGS mode up until TTK, but I want to make sure I have a group for when TTK comes out.

There's a pic of what carries over to PP in that Ground Zeroes thread on gaming side. Use that to see what it is you're missing. Those two guys are the only thing I'm missing.

Okay, no more MGS talk.

OK I've done most of that. Shouldn't be too hard to finish it up.

Destiny.

BRRRROOOOOTHEERRRRS!

Wait, so what are the things to be done in Ground Zeroes that carry over into Phantom Pain? I think I still need to rescue all the prisoners.

Look here.

(OK, back to Destiny.)

vctor182

Well, you have the completely wrong perks on it, so of course it sucks.
Rolled same perks as Messenger and that gun is amazing with those perks

The analysis I've seen on reddit suggested headseeker isn't that great on high impact pulse rifles. I think reactive reload, rangefinder, or hidden hand might be better perks for that slot.

You want Hidden Hand or Rangefinder in that last slot. Reactive Reload can be great, but it's inconsistent, so I steer clear.

The other thing--the Hopscotch has better handling and ADS, so even with the same perks it's still marginally better than Messenger.

I'll try to go for Hidden Hand but what about the 1st and 2nd row? Third Eye is ok? Something to boost Stability or Range?

zewone

Rolled same perks as Messenger and that gun is amazing with those perks

I'll try to go for Hidden Hand but what about the 1st and 2nd row? Third Eye is ok? Something to boost Stability or Range?

You want to roll Braced Frame for you middle perk. With this you can get 100% stability.

Third Eye, Outlaw, Feeding Frenzy are all great options for the 3rd row.

phen0m24

I have joined both 100 groups
shut up grimlock ;)

And have joined Navy Bean and RLench for a NF tonight
assuming I can kick my kid off IB for an hour

lt519

So what's the criteria for inactive? I go on one-two week trips for work where I won't be able to play but will typically be one of the more active members. It'd be a bummer to get kicked out before TTK since I have one of those trips coming up.

Think im gonna take a bunch of old PS3 games to trade in for TPP. The hype is too strong with that one. Im just gonna have to give in and embrace the Snake. Hopefully I can get enough time in that pre-ttk events dont steer me away. will be back good and strong for TTK release

phen0m24

Think im gonna take a bunch of old PS3 games to trade in for TPP. The hype is too strong with that one. Im just gonna have to give in and embrace the Snake. Hopefully I can get enough time in that pre-ttk events dont steer me away. will be back good and strong for TTK release

TPP=Toilet Paper Prime
Embrace the Snake= lol really?
Dies

Ophelion

I thought of an interesting raid encounter the other night I thought I'd share with you all.

The idea is that the area the guardians are in is going to be depressurized/explode/something else that will cause the party to wipe following whatever they did in the previous encounter. Meanwhile, the group is being pursued by an enemy that I think of as being kind of like an evil NPC Hunter: fast, lithe, really dangerous. The Hunter is trying to slow the guardians down, keep them from escaping the doomblast, kill them outright if he can. But ultimately, he exists to keep you from sprinting straight to the exit. He can't truly be killed, but kind of like Crota, if you break his shields he gets much slower. He has to be a really fast enemy so that way when you slow him down and all run away, he can catch back up to the group and make himself a nuisance once again if no one is standing in his way.

The Guardian's objective is to get to the next section of the raid/the extraction zone before the area blows up. The key is that the whole fireteam doesn't have to make it to the end zone to win. Just one. So you can move as a group, constantly breaking The Hunter's shields and then fleeing from him while he's slow and dealing with the adds and traps designed to slow you down as a unit. Or you can split up, some people assigned to escape while others remain behind, nobly sacrificing themselves so that their friends may live and dying a hero's death in flames as you fight a duel with The Hunter to keep him from ever reaching your friends.

In hard mode, I think one of the main changes I'd make to the encounter is that if The Hunter reaches the end zone, you have to fight him as a now-killable boss while if you take him down with some of your team in the explosion of the previous zone, he's just dead and you get to move on. Also, if it's not the final encounter of the raid, if you have to fight him I might not make the new encounter technically start until after he's vanquished. Which means, if any of the fireteam died getting out of the blast zone, they're still dead for the boss fight. Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, what do you guys think? Would that not be a cool raid encounter?

chur

So what's the criteria for inactive? I go on one-two week trips for work where I won't be able to play but will typically be one of the more active members. It'd be a bummer to get kicked out before TTK since I have one of those trips coming up.
I think they set it up as 30 days of inactivity will boot you from it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I thought of an interesting raid encounter the other night I thought I'd share with you all.

The idea is that the area the guardians are in is going to be depressurized/explode/something else that will cause the party to wipe following whatever they did in the previous encounter. Meanwhile, the group is being pursued by an enemy that I think of as being kind of like an evil NPC Hunter: fast, lithe, really dangerous. The Hunter is trying to slow the guardians down, keep them from escaping the doomblast, kill them outright if he can. But ultimately, he exists to keep you from sprinting straight to the exit. He can't truly be killed, but kind of like Crota, if you break his shields he gets much slower. He has to be a really fast enemy so that way when you slow him down and all run away, he can catch back up to the group and make himself a nuisance once again if no one is standing in his way.

The Guardian's objective is to get to the next section of the raid/the extraction zone before the area blows up. The key is that the whole fireteam doesn't have to make it to the end zone to win. Just one. So you can move as a group, constantly breaking The Hunter's shields and then fleeing from him while he's slow and dealing with the adds and traps designed to slow you down as a unit. Or you can split up, some people assigned to escape while others remain behind, nobly sacrificing themselves so that their friends may live and dying a hero's death in flames as you fight a duel with The Hunter to keep him from ever reaching your friends.

In hard mode, I think one of the main changes I'd make to the encounter is that if The Hunter reaches the end zone, you have to fight him as a now-killable boss while if you take him down with some of your team in the explosion of the previous zone, he's just dead and you get to move on. Also, if it's not the final encounter of the raid, if you have to fight him I might not make the new encounter technically start until after he's vanquished. Which means, if any of the fireteam died getting out of the blast zone, they're still dead for the boss fight. Decisions, decisions...

Anyway, what do you guys think? Would that not be a cool raid encounter?
I think that after seeing the game informer video yesterday and reading the edge info today that I can safely say we're probably going to end up having to protect one of our fire team members carrying a rune around to different sections of the raid itself.

rNilla

Not sure what you mean by that, I was still planning to keep making the OTs..

1. What happened to reading every post? Hawkian has brought this up several times. ;)
2. Hawkian, you didn't PM Boguester? Come on man. Boguester and maybe Ghaleon were really the only two people you needed to consult with on this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not sure what you mean by that, I was still planning to keep making the OTs..
Ah I guess there has been some miscommunication, so I'm sorry about that. I had asked (the first time was moooonths ago) to make the OT that would be the "anniversary" OT if it was cool with everyone, which wound up looking like roughly 29 or 30, if it was cool with everyone.

If you were already ready to go with 29 then it would actually be great for you to do it and I can put a bit more work into it and do 30 instead (which would be awesome for my stress levels today ;)). If you have any problem with it whatsoever I of course don't have to do it at all. Just wanted to do one specifically as like a year 1 recap/reflective, and of course you would be the one who would continue to make them going forward.

Took a little while but I'm all caught up. This 100 OT sure does move fast. Problem is I thought I was supposed to be in the Destiny OT, whoops. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Kidding, don't bite my head off please.

I have joined both 100 groups
shut up grimlock ;)

Benedict Arnold
Schwarzenegger

Do IB matches grant the same amount of marks on victory/defeat as normal control matches? It's been a while since I ventured into the Banana Field.

lt519

1. What happened to reading every post? Hawkian has brought this up several times. ;)
2. Hawkian, you didn't PM Boguester? Come on man. Boguester and maybe Ghaleon were really the only two people you needed to consult with on this.

Didn't Ghaleon have to make one once and became The Taken Thread...good times

Top Bottom