• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

https://www.the100.io/groups/1654

Wait our group has 122 members now. Who said the cap was 120?

Guardians make their own fate!

Edit: Top of page
hunter_art1ork5.jpg

1. What happened to reading every post? Hawkian has brought this up several times. ;)
2. Hawkian, you didn't PM Boguester? Come on man. Boguester and maybe Ghaleon were really the only two people you needed to consult with on this.

Still reading every post. I remember the first time he mentioned it a while back when he said he wanted to "call dibs on the Year 1 thread" (paraphrasing). He's also mentioned things offhand here and there but I wasn't sure what he meant. Never asked me, PM'ed or communicated directly in any way. Hence my confusion.

People, especially Lnkn, make things that I include in OTs all the time. Not sure what the plan for this year 1 thread is since I haven't heard any specifics at all, or how it would be different.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Still reading every post. I remember the first time he mentioned it a while back when he said he wanted to "call dibs on the Year 1 thread" (paraphrasing). He's also mentioned things offhand here and there but I wasn't sure what he meant. Never asked me, PM'ed or communicated directly in any way. Hence my confusion.

People, especially Lnkn, make things that I include in OTs all the time. Not sure what the plan for this year 1 thread is since I haven't heard any specifics at all, or how it would be different.
I apologize. See my most recent post, if it is an issue in any way I don't have to do it at all.

rNilla

Sorry, my post was meant as a friendly poke at both you and Hawkian but as always seems like I've been misinterpreted.

Lnkn52

I apologize. See my most recent post, if it is an issue in any way I don't have to do it at all.

Before any more confusion, I believe Zoba wanted to do the next OT.

I think it would be great if OT29 was a joint venture by both Hawkain and Drizzay. And I really wanna see the year 1 highlights, a look back at the great communities endeavors and so on. Our old fearless leader and our new one. (will just do our best to forget Todds short stint)

Some ideas. a couple great gifs from the sword master Drizay when Scrota was being his usual self. A reflection on the ups and downs. maybe some of the great posts. A Zoba crucible map detail, some more rather amusing posts. just a look back at the good times.

phen0m24

Took a little while but I'm all caught up. This 100 OT sure does move fast. Problem is I thought I was supposed to be in the Destiny OT, whoops. Can someone point me in the right direction?
Kidding, don't bite my head off please.

Benedict Arnold
Schwarzenegger

I heart robot dinos

If the title isn't Forever29 I'm cancelling my TTK preorder.

Thumbs way up

Destiny |OT♦Forever29| The Season Finale

I don't get season finale in the context of the game.

I am happy with this :)

Hey weren't you snake embracing? :p

Don't want to upset people. But I like Forever29 by itself.

This. #Forever29 was why Scarletham and I started doing Crota as 29s. I never got Titan gauntlets. Some never got boots. We had an awesome graphic of guardians in front of Forever 21 turned Forever29. I mean it affected so much of the community that Bungie mentioned it in one of the videos.

I don't take a resonance away from season finale like Forever 29. Just my opinion! :)

I'll still stalk the thread either way.

Homeboyd

I heart robot dinos

Thumbs way up

I don't get season finale in the context of the game.

Hey weren't you snake embracing? :p

This. #Forever29 was why Scarletham and I started doing Crota as 29s. I never got Titan gauntlets. Some never got boots. We had an awesome graphic of guardians in front of Forever 21 turned Forever29. I mean it affected so much of the community that Bungie mentioned it in one of the videos.

I don't take a resonance away from season finale like Forever 29. Just my opinion! :)

I'll still stalk the thread either way.
This is the end of season 1 of destiny.

#TeamDrizz

Don't worry Grim, this 100 thing will blow over in a couple of days and the thread will resume its regular broadcasting schedule.

because splitting up the community in groups of 100 works...apparently

Ah I guess there has been some miscommunication, so I'm sorry about that. I had asked (the first time was moooonths ago) to make the OT that would be the "anniversary" OT if it was cool with everyone, which wound up looking like roughly 29 or 30, if it was cool with everyone.

If you were already ready to go with 29 then it would actually be great for you to do it and I can put a bit more work into it and do 30 instead (which would be awesome for my stress levels today ;)). If you have any problem with it whatsoever I of course don't have to do it at all. Just wanted to do one specifically as like a year 1 recap/reflective, and of course you would be the one who would continue to make them going forward.

I think it's mainly a lack of communication. I would have appreciated a PM or some type of contact to ask me directly about it. I just don't know what you have in mind for it, what's included etc.

Didn't Ghaleon have to make one once and became The Taken Thread...good times

Ghaleon suggested the name but Nami made the thread when my dad had a stroke and I went MIA for 4-5 days.

Deku Tree

As far as I remember:

Hawk wanted to do a community OT at the end of year 1.

Zoba wants to do the TTK launch thread on gaming side. He is already working on it I think. I do not remember Zoba saying he wanted to make a community side OT.

Boguester wants to keep making the community OTs.

The way I see it Hawkian could contribute to the year 1 OP, or the first post. Or Hawkian could make one community OT if it's cool with Boguester.

Boguester has been really good with the OTs and with updating the OP and responding to community wishes. He has been amazing at it IMO.

Lnkn52

As far as I remember:

Zoba wants to do the TTK launch thread on gaming side. He is already working on it I think. I do not remember Zoba saying he wanted to make a community side OT.

The way I see it Hawkian could contribute to the year 1 OP, or the first post. Or Hawkian could make one community OT if it's cool with Boguester.

Boguester has been really good with the OTs and with updating the OP and responding to community wishes. He has been amazing at it IMO.

Hit him up before he does OT 30.
I believe Hawkian claimed the next thread, but nobody mentioned the thread after so I've started working on it. There's 3 weeks between now and TTK and we're most likely going to run through OT29 before the 15th. Depending on how the threads go, the one for the expansion will probably end up being posted early regardless.

I'm taking claim for OT 100, pm-ming Drizzay of 2017.

rNilla

If anyone wants to make a future OT they should be able to. Boguester doesn't own them. (No offense to you Boguester, you do a great job and there's no reason you shouldn't continue, to be clear). But that needs to be worked out with Boguester. I think the OT Volunteer thread stickied at the top of Community goes into more detail about this and I assume it applies here.

As far as I remember:

The Taken King OT is going to be effing ridiculous

SO much stuff to organize and display

makes my mind spin how large TTK is gonna be

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it would be great if OT29 was a joint venture by both Hawkain and Drizzay. And I really wanna see the year 1 highlights, a look back at the great communities endeavors and so on. Our old fearless leader and our new one. (will just do our best to forget Todds short stint)

Some ideas. a couple great gifs from the sword master Drizay when Scrota was being his usual self. A reflection on the ups and downs. maybe some of the great posts. A Zoba crucible map detail, some more rather amusing posts. just a look back at the good times.
I'm very sorry for my role in the confusion here guys. And if that is the case about Zoba wanting to make 29 himself I was in the dark in that myself.

Rob, something just like that is what I had in mind. I wasn't going to ask anyone to put in any work into it besides some minor graphical stuff from lnkn. But if Zoba and Boguester are both willing to make it a joint venture maybe we can all put some stuff in and make it epic.

In the interest of expediency, maybe Drizzay should just make 29 (which should be a relatively quick thread) according to his already existing plans and then we could use 30 as the Year 1 retrospective and make it together. What do you guys think?

rNilla

DGAF is now eating itself.

It's not though. Just PM each other and communicate. Just a simple misunderstanding.

I see a lot of people make general posts here that are clearly directed at a specific person or people. Like organizing a podcast... PM them! Email! Communicate! PMs and Email are super passive but even more passive is a post in this thread that will be lost instantly.

Lnkn52

I'm very sorry for my role in the confusion here guys. And if that is the case about Zoba wanting to make 29 himself I was in the dark in that myself.

Rob, something just like that is what I had in mind. I wasn't going to ask anyone to put in any work into it besides some minor graphical stuff from lnkn. But if Zoba and Boguester are both willing to make it a joint venture maybe we can all put some stuff in and make it epic.

In the interest of expediency, maybe Drizzay should just make 29 (which should be a relatively quick thread) according to his already existing plans and then we could use 30 as the Year 1 retrospective and make it together. What do you guys think?

OT 30 is best. It's an even number and we hit a “decade”.

Back from lunch! I can see that the Xbox the100 group is up to 24 members, that's not a bad start at all!

Multiplatform players, please join the XB1 group here even! Even if you've already joined another group. You can be in up to 3.

Also, I realize people are getting email spammed now since the activity spiked right up.
You may want to futz with this option in your profile:
Sc4sd8U.png

Alternatively you can do what I did and set up a filter/label combo in Gmail so that if you want to you can look just at DGAF listings in your email, but they won't take up room in your inbox. Will post steps to do this soon.

We're getting dangerously close to 190 so I need to work a bit on the OT first, but then I'm going to get into setting up additional the100.io groups.

Just want to reassure everyone, barring any unfortunate, unforeseen disasters, everybody who wants to will be able to join a the100.io group by the end of the day.
I just join (PS4) side, I think it is a great way to get stuff going within us.
I'm too late for PoE35 this weekend but I will sign up as a reserve

It's all good. These things happen. I was just slightly bummed to be out of the loop. You can totally make it, just send me a PM with some description about your plans for it if you can. I'd like to hear about it :)

Sorry, my post was meant as a friendly poke at both you and Hawkian but as always seems like I've been misinterpreted.

No need to apologize, I didn't take your post to be negative at all. I thought you were honestly just asking for clarification on what happened. My post wasn't meant negatively either, just a basic description of events. Everything is groovy d00dz.

Ok, now I'm really confused lol.

Lnkn52

It's all good. These things happen. I was just slightly bummed to be out of the loop. You can totally make it, just send me a PM with some description about your plans for it if you can. I'd like to hear about it :)

No need to apologize, I didn't take your post to be negative at all. I thought you were honestly just asking for clarification on what happened. My post wasn't meant negatively either, just a basic description of events. Everything is groovy d00dz.

Ok, now I'm really confused lol.

I thought it was going to be the following:

OT 29 - Drizzay
OT 30 - Hawkian
OT 31 - Zoba

OT 100 - Lnkn52

rNilla

We all good Doctor.

Also I claim OT 40 + 9 x 2 - 1.
Joke.

I really like this idea myself. If everyone can contribute some gifs, youtube videos, favorite stories. go back into previous OTs and chronicle some highest highs and maybe so lowest lows. . some post from the first time Ghorn was sold for example. The community coming togther to finish HM crota was a pretty big one.

I thought it was going to be the following:

OT 29 - Drizzay
OT 30 - Hawkian
OT 31 - Zoba

OT 100 - Lnkn52

I think Zoba wants the TTK thread that will go up in gaming.

I will be cross-posting in all 3 threads for maximum exposure, as well as spamming the100 chat and SEXY PSN message group. /s

lt519

Turns out the internet is a really really really hard place to read emotions and a bad place to try and read between the lines. This is why if you are in a relationship you pick up the phone and call someone instead of texting. So in light of this event I've started a Skype group, it's limited to 73.8 people from each platform.

Top Bottom