• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

noomi

You know how I know this an amazing community? ;)

Because how much people care about these things, you are all awesome.

Here, have a cookie.

*gives Noomi a cookie*

puP6Mc.gif

We all good Doctor.

Also I claim OT 40 + 9 x 2 - 1.
Joke.

half life 3 confirmed?

phen0m24

Whatever the titles are ;) and whomever the incredible contributors are, we will still post here.

Here's a question.

Will we go through another 30 OT's before Destiny 2? Or Year 3?

rNilla

Turns out the internet is a really really really hard place to read emotions and a bad place to try and read between the lines. This is why if you are in a relationship you pick up the phone and call someone instead of texting. So in light of this event I've started a Skype group, it's limited to 73.8 people from each platform.

hahaha

It's just text man. No one is legit upset here. At least, I don't think so...

Actually this is all part of my plan to speed up the end of OT 28. Looks like it's working.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's all good. These things happen. I was just slightly bummed to be out of the loop. You can totally make it, just send me a PM with some description about your plans for it if you can. I'd like to hear about it :)
What do you think about doing 29 (I had mistakenly thought you weren't actually planning on it, this time, so I've been scrambling to put stuff together) and then my making 30 as the retrospective with collaboration from you if you're interested?

I can PM you my general idea. Maybe this makes no sense but I swear the reason I haven't given you (or anyone at all) details about it was because I wasn't planning to ask anyone else to put in work for it. I didn't want to burden anyone else with stuff I've been planning on my own as a cute community idea, but you better believe I'll accept help if people wanna!
Ok, now I'm really confused lol.
I think that aspect must be coming from him wanting to do the TTK gaming thread, right?

Frenden

Banned
Turns out the internet is a really really really hard place to read emotions and a bad place to try and read between the lines. This is why if you are in a relationship you pick up the phone and call someone instead of texting. So in light of this event I've started a Skype group, it's limited to 73.8 people from each platform.
... ... ...

Whatever the titles are ;) and whomever the incredible contributors are, we will still post here.

Here's a question.

with the coming changes and so many more people getting back into the game. no doubt we will hit another 30 OTS by the time next year. Unless Bungie doesn't release any more content between now and then. I cant imagine it will slow. but you never know.

noomi

Here's a question.

Absolutely, I will continue to post in the OT's no matter what happens or who makes them.

I will check out the TTK thread on the gaming side, but this is my home.

xinek

I posted on the100 for VoG tonight around 6pm Central time, but thought I'd post it here also. I'm a level 28 Hunter and haven't done any raids yet. Anyone available?

This is mutually exclusive with the Google Hangouts group I'm starting. A lucky group of 9 people get to video chat with me while 140 others will be allowed to send messages.

Deku Tree

If anyone wants to make a future OT they should be able to.

Nobody owns the OTs.

But if someone has been making them and is doing a really good job with it and wants to continue then having other people be able to just "claim" the next one without a community discussion of it is silly. It's better to have someone who is doing a really good job keep doing it if they want to IMO. It's better to have an up to date OP rather than one which gets neglected or one where the thread creator doesn't or refuses to respond to the community after its created.

(This is not directed at the current situation or being passive aggressive about the Hawk-Boguester-Zoba discussion, it's a general point about making OTs.) I am all for people doing it together to make it better if that is what people want and that would make it better.

EL CUCO

It's not though. Just PM each other and communicate. Just a simple misunderstanding.

I see a lot of people make general posts here that are clearly directed at a specific person or people. Like organizing a podcast... PM them! Email! Communicate! PMs and Email are super passive but even more passive is a post in this thread that will be lost instantly.
Lol we're talking about Gaf, the place where people communicate through posts even while being in the same fireteam.

What do you think about doing 29 (I had mistakenly thought you weren't actually planning on it, this time, so I've been scrambling to put stuff together) and then my making 30 as the retrospective with collaboration from you if you're interested?

I can PM you my general idea. Maybe this makes no sense but I swear the reason I haven't given you (or anyone at all) details about it was because I wasn't planning to ask anyone else to put in work for it. I didn't want to burden anyone else with stuff I've been planning on my own as a cute community idea, but you better believe I'll accept help if people wanna!

I think that aspect must be coming from him wanting to do the TTK gaming thread, right?

Everything here sounds great! Works for me. I also agree about the Zoba gaming thread (like he made for HoW).

As far as I remember:

Hawk wanted to do a community OT at the end of year 1.

Zoba wants to do the TTK launch thread on gaming side. He is already working on it I think. I do not remember Zoba saying he wanted to make a community side OT.

Boguester wants to keep making the community OTs.

Yeah, this was my understanding previously but I think we've clarified things now so it all makes sense.

And thanks for the kind word Deku. I've invested a lot into this community, as have many people. That's why it's as great as it is.

rNilla

Nobody owns the OTs.

But if someone has been making them and is doing a really good job with it and wants to continue then having other people be able to just "claim" the next one without a community discussion of it is silly. It's better to have someone who is doing a really good job keep doing it if they want to IMO. It's better to have an up to date OP rather than one which gets neglected or one where the thread creator doesn't or refuses to respond to the community after its created.

(This is not directed at the current situation or being passive aggressive about the Hawk-Boguester-Zoba discussion, it's a general point about making OTs.) I am all for people doing it together to make it better if that is what people want and that would make it better.

My point was if other people want a try making an OT they should get the chance. It doesn't mean Boguester should have to stop forever, for example. Variety is the spice of life. I still think it's more important for the new person to work it out with the current person than anything else.

Lol we're talking about Gaf, the place where people communicate through posts even while being in the same fireteam.

Exactly.

Lnkn52

My point was if other people want a try making an OT they should get the chance. It doesn't mean Boguester should have to stop forever, for example. Variety is the spice of life.

Exactly.

The last time that happened, there was 3 OTs. We need order. This aint a democracy.

chur

I posted on the100 for VoG tonight around 6pm Central time, but thought I'd post it here also. I'm a level 28 Hunter and haven't done any raids yet. Anyone available?
It's showing up as full for me even though you're the only one in it.

Fell I should apologise to Frostburn, he was explaining the mechanics of the scrota fight to a couple of guys who were new to the raid and I completely avoided them by 1 swording him because fuck that glitchy piece of shit.

Thanks for the raids, I finally have chatterwhite.

noomi

Remember that one time nami and I almost made OT's? Actually nami did make one I think.... yeah... there were 3 separate threads on the community side lol

Pepperidge farm remembers.....

rNilla

The last time that happened, there was 3 OTs. We need order. This aint a democracy.

Hence the need to communicate. The last time "that" happened Boguester smoothly took over from Kor. What you're talking about was straight up dysfunctional chaos.

stb

MOMMYDADDYSTOPFIGHTING! AHHHHH!

I kid. Everyone seems a little high strung the last few days, but I'm glad the OT thing appears to have gotten sorted.

For the record, I vote for the smooshed together Destiny |OT♦Forever29| The Season Finale

LTWood12

Nobody owns the OTs.

word.

Namikaze1

Remember that one time nami and I almost made OT's? Actually nami did make one I think.... yeah... there were 3 separate threads on the discussion side lol

Pepperidge farm remembers.....
I beat yours by 3 minutes.

Then shit was moved to the "main" one that popped up half an hour later...

lt519

looks really good Zoba

Vanguard rep should be 25 points from rolling over (;

MOMMYDADDYSTOPFIGHTING! AHHHHH!

I kid. Everyone seems a little high strung the last few days, but I'm glad the OT thing appears to have gotten sorted.

For the record, I vote for the smooshed together Destiny |OT♦Forever29| The Season Finale

Hence my joke post about trying to read emotions on the internet. I don't think a single person in here is fighting and we are such a tight knit community that people are almost overly sensitive and apologetic. It's good, things get hashed out quick, but it does turn super awkward for a bit (;

Fell I should apologise to Frostburn, he was explaining the mechanics of the scrota fight to a couple of guys who were new to the raid and I completely avoided them by 1 swording him because fuck that glitchy piece of shit.

Thanks for the raids, I finally have chatterwhite.

Seems like only yestreday the posts were
"Fucking chatterwhite again"

how the times have changed. anyway nice man!

Ophelion

Seems like only yestreday the posts were
"Fucking chatterwhite again"

That's still how it is for me. I didn't even know it wasn't a guaranteed drop any time you do VoG until someone in my fireteam said he heard some people online complaining about never getting it. RNGsus moves in mysterious ways, I guess.

ethomaz

Banned
I turned on my PS4.
See friend list.

Fig... she is playing...

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I can't even play other game now... I need this in my veins.

Top Bottom