• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

If there's a Fallen Faid on earth, I'm betting on the raid boss being the Kell of House of Kings. The Kings are the most dangerous of the Fallen Houses on Earth. Not just dangerous but secretive as well. We killed 3 of the Kings major Captains (there's a lot more) and remain in the dark about the whereabouts of their Kell.

Well if you look at sone of the pictures Widow's Court, you can see a Devil Walker, but I can see us fighting both, Devils in the first part and the Kings with the rest. A House of Devils/Kings raid would be insane, let just hope the Kings Kell isn't a bitch like Skolas was. :p

EDIT: I will continue my no gif "top of the page" cheese.

Managed to get my Skolas kill earlier today with the help of Drizzay, Robindooms, and Gigly! Much thanks to all of you guys; it was a really enjoyable run.

I did also get an Elder cipher out of skolas; any recommendations on what to get once I finish the bounty? I hear that dreg's promise is generally pretty garbage, but with (presumably) no upgrade path for any of these guns post TTK, I figure it's probably just down to fun at this point.

Deku Tree

What's going on in here? Lol

18fs3zoh242b5gif.gif

I mean no one is literally saying that, and to be fair none of us know how the game works and functions exactly except for bungie.

Apparently we're picking on gaming ? Or at war with them? Idk.

I dont want to sound like a child but... They started it!
I am not even kidding. We have been called to have "Stockholme syndrome"
also "exiled to community threads". When anyone would make a post along the lines of
"Just got Destiny, what do I need to do?" the first response was usually "return it". they followed by pages of Destiny Sucks posts.
Now they say were picking on them?

good lord, TTK cant get here soon enough. This last week has been weird to say the least.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
The limit seems by design to me.

Since they are going even further to link the characters with Collections, Marks, Glimmer, and Vault space

Its clear that your "character" is your PSN account and the 3 slots are meant to allow you to experience all 3 classes on one account (even though you can make 3 titans if you pleased)

Not sure what it would take to add more slots and it might get ridiculous. Makes me believe the limit is clearly intentional and isnt going to change
i think it's intentional too (although they could be forced by server space ) but objectively speaking there's no reason to start over in this game on another account unless it's to try a new class.

Will there be any year 1 exotics that retain the same perks and design, but have their damage increased to year 2 levels?

Well......

Not that I can tell

I mean they all start with the same Exotic perk the original had unlocked but then get a whole new upgraded set and a second Special perk

So they are basically a mix of old and new

zewone

Haha. Everyone is thirsty for that Metal Gear. I haven't found any here in the Chicago area that break street date ever. Glad people got their hands on it early. I have some stuff to wrap up before TTK(marks and a few bounties) so I can wait until Tuesday.

Blah, a ton of people are selling on Craigslist for $120, but I don't think I want to pay that much over retail. My hype is too real.

Destiny

rNilla

OK Rage Raid.

Me, Deku, LT, Hawkian, Boguester, and Zoba enter the Vault of Glass and scream at each other because we're all fighting. This is serious business guys.

Who ever emerges sane gets OT rights for Year 2.

Lnkn52

OK Rage Raid.

Me, Deku, LT, Hawkian, Boguester, and Zoba enter the Vault of Glass and scream at each other because we're all fighting. This is serious business guys.

What a “clique” group.
Kappa

OK Rage Raid.

Bwahahaha i want to see that someone pls stream that :p

GutZ31

The only requirements I would suggest to make an OT is knowledge of every aspect of the game that is currently out to some degree.
Have sherpa'd end game activities at least twice.
Contribute to the thread/community meaningfully in any form.
Have at least one max guardian to be a guiding force.
Some forum/writing ability is recommended, but plenty here to help with that as well.
And finally, be around to read the thread in order to be accountable for changes needed to the OT, or helping point people in the right direction.

After that, I couldn't care less who does the OT.

Basically, just a knowledgable, responsible person is my pick.

Blah, a ton of people are selling on Craigslist for $120, but I don't think I want to pay that much over retail. My hype is too real.

Destiny

That's nuts! I'm hyped too. Metal Gear Solid was one of my first PSX games. Tuesday should be fun. I'm going to have to juggle reset and MGSV. Oh Destiny, you addictive beast you.

lt519

Just lack of communication/misunderstanding. Everything is fine.

I started Bastion last night. I actually made a spreadsheet of my backlog to try to put some order in my life other. The sum of HLTB minimum of games I want to play totalled up to 1500 hours. Crazy stuff. Persona 4 will come next.

Bastion is awesome! I think I'm still up on the leaderboard for being in the top 20 for 10 idoling the hardest content first.

LTWood12

OK Rage Raid.

Nah I only yell at T-44.

edit: And Gutz for being so much better than me.

Deku Tree

OK Rage Raid.

:)

For the record: I think that all of the people above (not commenting on myself) would make a great OT. Zoba specifically has done an amazing job with the all Gaming side threads that he has made.

Silk04

wut... i shall search for this tonight.

Really excited for TTK too and if i can get into MGSV earlier the better. so less interference with new destiny content. Just finished up Witcher 3 main story the other night, never thought i'd see the end of that tunnel. Great game, big time sink.

time? that cant be right...

Well I got witcher3 early because of broken release date. Hopefully TTK release... i can dream. Sadly getting mgs5 before vacation. Wife will kill me if I bring the PS4 lol.

Namikaze1

Remember, I already claimed Destiny 2 OT. Anyone who wants it will have to come meet me outside the Vault of Glass. Bring your Necrochasm with you.

lt519

Managed to get my Skolas kill earlier today with the help of Drizzay, Robindooms, and Gigly! Much thanks to all of you guys; it was a really enjoyable run.

I did also get an Elder cipher out of skolas; any recommendations on what to get once I finish the bounty? I hear that dreg's promise is generally pretty garbage, but with (presumably) no upgrade path for any of these guns post TTK, I figure it's probably just down to fun at this point.

Nice work!! You were one of the originals to sign up for Skolas School and our timelines never aligned, so glad you got through it! For me it's Lord of Wolves it's got the reload speed and range of a fusion rifle with the punch of a shotgun. Not to mention a ton of ammo.

Apparently we're picking on gaming ? Or at war with them? Idk.

Us going into Gaming and trying to defend the game we enjoy is seen as fanboy-ism and that we don't listen to logic and reason. When in actuality we've already had the discussions in the OT that they are having in the gaming section and have come to pretty reasonable conclusions as to why things are the way they are. We're all willing to discuss but not put up with the drive by shit posting which inevitably turns into offensive and defensive posturing by Gaming and OT. It's sad ):

LTWood12

Remember, I already claimed Destiny 2 OT. Anyone who wants it will have to come meet me outside the Vault of Glass. Being your Necrochasm with you.

What about people that don't HAVE a Nechrocasm Nami? What about those people? You're just going to exclude them? Geez.

Last thing I'll post about OT issues, as a general overview of my perspective.

Nobody owns the OTs.

But if someone has been making them and is doing a really good job with it and wants to continue then having other people be able to just "claim" the next one without a community discussion of it is silly. It's better to have someone who is doing a really good job keep doing it if they want to IMO. It's better to have an up to date OP rather than one which gets neglected or one where the thread creator doesn't or refuses to respond to the community after its created.

(This is not directed at the current situation or being passive aggressive about the Hawk-Boguester-Zoba discussion, it's a general point about making OTs.) I am all for people doing it together to make it better if that is what people want and that would make it better.

Agree with this.

We need order. This aint a democracy.

And this.

If there are two people in this thread that have earned the privilege of creating the OTs, it's Boguester (w Lnkn!) & Hawkian. Both of these guys are a big part of what makes this place special. Constantly answering questions from newbies, spending time helping 1st timers get things done, and creating content that we all love to read. They're leaders because they lead. I get people wanting to be inclusive and say 'anyone should be able to do it.' But practically speaking, that doesn't work and never has, in ANY sort of community.

And this.

When Hawk "resigned" the OTs bounced around because nobody wanted to make them (iirc Kor made two, Todd made one but neither wanted to take over full time). We needed someone so I offered to help and asked everyone if it was okay. Lots of people posted support and nobody else nominated themselves, so I took over.

After taking over I realized why Hawk got burned out and no one else wanted to do it. It's a huge job for a community this large and active. It takes a ton of time to keep up with the thread and stay in touch with the community. It takes way more time helping people in-game, which I think is a very important part of the "position." I love spending this time because I love this community and this game, but it still takes a lot.

DGaf deserves somebody who is knowledgable and involved with both the game and the community. Lots of talented people have contributed so much to make this place what it is. I appreciate everyone who answers a question, sherpa's a raid, carries to Mercury, makes a Photoshop, posts their Destiny pics and gifs, writes a thoughtful post (positive or negative), or has a kind word for fellow members. Any supposed drama is swept away as quickly as it appeared. Our environment here is a product of us, and we are great.

rNilla

Remember, I already claimed Destiny 2 OT. Anyone who wants it will have to come meet me outside the Vault of Glass. Bring your Necrochasm with you.

I brought NLB instead and killed you from a great distance. Destiny 2 OT is mine and I'm giving it to a Junior from Gaming Side!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I agree with this. I also think it should be something the community decides not something that people can just "claim" that they want to do with one post. It's a community thread not just a thread for one person to decide they want to make next.
The scariest thought to me is the idea that I did this. I mean when I first brought it up (which I think was back in OT18) I thought I was asking the community if it would be okay with everyone, not "calling it" to box others out.
Well just out of courtesy, it's best to ask the person that has been making the recent OTs to ask if they can make the next one; That's all. Be it Drizzay or Hawkian, w/e.

We all contribute in our own ways. I think we get it.
Yeah I totally screwed that up by myself, and apologize.

Namikaze1

What about people that don't HAVE a Nechrocasm Nami? What about those people? You're just going to exclude them? Geez.
Yes! No Necrochasm, no OT privileges!

/s
I brought NLB instead and killed you from a great distance. Destiny 2 OT is mine and I'm giving it to a Junior from Gaming Side!
What you don't know is that you killed my Titan decoy. I'm standing right behind you, arc blade in hand.

Throwing knives at dawn
Pfft. Please.

"Honey, where's my solar Mjolnir at?"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When Hawk "resigned" the OTs bounced around because nobody wanted to make them (iirc Kor made two, Todd made one but neither wanted to take over full time). We needed someone so I offered to help and asked everyone if it was okay. Lots of people posted support and nobody else nominated themselves, so I took over.

After taking over I realized why Hawk got burned out and no one else wanted to do it. It's a huge job for a community this large and active. It takes a ton of time to keep up with the thread and stay in touch with the community. It takes way more time helping people in-game, which I think is a very important part of the "position." I love spending this time because I love this community and this game, but it still takes a lot.

DGaf deserves somebody who is knowledgable and involved with both the game and the community. Lots of talented people have contributed so much to make this place what it is. I appreciate everyone who answers a question, sherpa's a raid, carries to Mercury, makes a Photoshop, posts their Destiny pics and gifs, writes a thoughtful post (positive or negative), or has a kind word for fellow members. Any supposed drama is swept away as quickly as it appeared. Our environment here is a product of us, and we are great.
Awesome post, and thank you for all you do

Top Bottom