• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

zewone

I sometimes wonder if we are hyping TTK too much. It is an expansion, one patrol area, a couple strikes, a raid and some PvP maps. Those going in expecting a new game are going to be let down again. Can't wait for it, I'll love it, but it's a mixture between added content, remixed content, and quality of life improvements. Not a new game.

Yes, at least there will be a ton of new mechanic changes like the way light and gear and levels are used to make it feel fresh, but the content seems like we're going to need more in maybe the next 3 to 4 months already.

Just read the last few pages of this thread....as well as that 4th character one in Gaming...

ibnmwanz0zh7rlttikg.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What sort of mechanic discussion are you looking for?

99.9% of my time in Destiny is spent playing PVP.

Just in general. I kinda lucked into discovering True Vanguard's channel on Youtube and imo he's the best PvP teacher in the business. His sniper school stuff for Destiny keyed me to a bunch of things (especially because Destiny doesn't have the option the change the sensitivity on the x and y axis separately). Zoning, engagement management, radar usage - a lot of people still don't know that the color of the red indicates near-enemy elevation, weapon reviews, builds, etc.

Mtashed has recently started doing clips reviewing other people's recorded games.

Builds are gonna become something more nuanced too imo. With HoW, there were more options on how to really optimize going into PvP because of the new perks and exotics.

I just think there's a lot there that kinda doesn't get spoken on here.

lt519

a lot of people still don't know that the color of the red indicates near-enemy elevation

I had literally no clue there were even different colors of red until they added the color blind modes. It's always funny when people watch my videos and wonder why my green looks brown, red looks yellow, and blue looks purple :)

someday

Banned
There ABSOLUTELY are still going to be LFG posts here. Frankly, when you just want to fill up a group and get going as soon as the last slot is filled, the thread will always be the best way to do it. the100.io is primarily for those who have had issues with doing so or otherwise want an alternative grouping solution they can check in a static way.

That said, there will definitely be a group you can join. The test group in its current form is not long for this world.
Thanks Hawkian! I was worried there for a minute lol. I use the 100.io occasionally and it is a great resource, especially when I just want a couple of people to do 3 nightfalls in a row with but gaf is hands down the best raid group.

Gammacide

Is there a download link of all the photos somewhere? I only looked at the ones on imgur but they are gorgeous and would love them all!!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I had literally no clue there were even different colors of red until they added the color blind modes. It's always funny when people watch my videos and wonder why my green looks brown, red looks yellow, and blue looks purple :)

There were a lot of really, really small changes that I made that resurrected my k/d after my time with Titan and Warlock lol. Switching to Jumper control scheme freed up my mid-air aiming, dropping my sensitivity again stopped my bad CoD tendencies from jumping into my sniper rifle, lowering my brightness made Burning Shrine my favorite map and gave me my radar back...

all of those little things helped tremendously

Haybro

If every Taken enemy looks like this im disappointed. Just a "shader" change for existing units.

Well they all have different abilities as well, so it's technically more than just a shader change.

Edit - Unless you're just specifically referring to looks, then yeah.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Can't wait to get home and find out if my ps4 is dead or still running.

On for 4 weeks straight :(....
PS4Stability.gif
Well they all have different abilities as well, so it's technically more than just a shader change.

Well, yes, but still they all kinda look the same.
I was hoping for some more "unique" looking enemies.

Might be some of them that's not shown yet
i hope
welp. my first montage is going to be a titan montage.

The Furriest of Titan Montages

lt519

There were a lot of really, really small changes that I made that resurrected my k/d after my time with Titan and Warlock lol. Switching to Jumper control scheme freed up my mid-air aiming, dropping my sensitivity again stopped my bad CoD tendencies from jumping into my sniper rifle, lowering my brightness made Burning Shrine my favorite map and gave me my radar back...

all of those little things helped tremendously

I wish they would reset the K/D counters. I was such a poor poor crucible player to start and am so much better now. I've gone up 0.2 since I started which is great considering I was at 0.8, but I'm actually solidly above a 1.0 now and would like it to reflect that. Just the sheer awfulness and volume of Crucible I was playing until I got anywhere near decent put me down hundreds of kills which will take a long time to recover from.

Edit: Re: Shader changes of enemies

Was so disappointed that they made all these new Shank types and didn't put them in the PoE or Patrols. I hope they make them more prevalent in all aspects of Destiny and not just new TTK missions/strikes then forget about them.

zewone

Just in general. I kinda lucked into discovering True Vanguard's channel on Youtube and imo he's the best PvP teacher in the business. His sniper school stuff for Destiny keyed me to a bunch of things (especially because Destiny doesn't have the option the change the sensitivity on the x and y axis separately). Zoning, engagement management, radar usage - a lot of people still don't know that the color of the red indicates near-enemy elevation, weapon reviews, builds, etc.

Mtashed has recently started doing clips reviewing other people's recorded games.

Builds are gonna become something more nuanced too imo. With HoW, there were more options on how to really optimize going into PvP because of the new perks and exotics.

I just think there's a lot there that kinda doesn't get spoken on here.

I definitely agree with the bolded. DGAF is very PVE oriented. Only a handful of the regulars are serious PVP players.

I'd love to be able to discuss more PVP meta here and even have my recordings reviewed to improve my game, but this isn't really the place.

I still enjoy the discussion here though.

Kyne

If every Taken enemy looks like this im disappointed. Just a "shader" change for existing units.

Is that fur? FUR!

Shocked.gif

That fur is year 1 armor with a pallet change.

In fact raid/iron banner gear aside, all the new TTK armor is old cycled out year 1 armor. Has no one noticed?

Tiops

Guys, stupid question:

What is limited to me if I don't have the current released expansions? Can I enjoy the game in some way or I'll run into a lot of walls preventing me to enjoy the game?

I only have the base game and I currently thinking about buying the expansion, but I want to check how things are at the moment and avoid getting disappointed again with this game when the expansion arrives.

LTWood12

I definitely agree with the bolded. DGAF is very PVE oriented. Only a handful of the regulars are serious PVP players.

I'd love to be able to discuss more PVP meta here and even have my recordings reviewed to improve my game, but this isn't really the place.

I'd love to see that! I love reading about the PVP stuff. I just don't post a lot about it because quite frankly I'm bad at it.

taimoorh

I bought TTK collection on XB1 after a lot of thought. One of the best game purchases I've ever made!

Anyways, I'm @ 25 now after 3ish weeks. Doing a lot of Vanguard missions to get my 1st Legendary.

So....anyone wanting to do a casual VOG run? Haven't done any raids yet :(

I'm usually available from 7PM GMT to 9PM since I'm playing from Dubai.

GT: taimoorh

Gaf, I have an idea. I had done this many years ago as a member of another community. I am going to buy a book. A book with blank pages. I put a message, maybe a picture or something. I will then mail it to another DGAF member and they can add to the book as well. when it has made the rounds we can scan it and post it in an OT. We can call it DGAF Year 1. Kind of a nice commemorative piece. What do you think?

I consider myself intermediate in PVP, but yeah, I still prefer PVE over PVP, but the meta just sucks so much right now I can't even play it without bitching lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The XB1 the100.io group is up to 35, nice! Way to represent. Looks like we can sustain at least a decent group there too.

At this point, if any Xbox One ONLY players- not multiplatform switch-hitters- are in the test group, please leave the test group and join here. There can't be any more than 5 of you, but still, lol. Multiplatform players can join both the Xbox group and the appropriate PS4 group- I'm looking into how to split it up logically right now.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Gaf, I have an idea. I had done this many years ago as a member of another community. I am going to buy a book. A book with blank pages. I put a message, maybe a picture or something. I will then mail it to another DGAF member and they can add to the book as well. when it has made the rounds we can scan it and post it in an OT. We can call it DGAF Year 1. Kind of a nice commemorative piece. What do you think?

Pretty cool idea. Dibs on last page to repost my Navy Raid edit or whatever it is in.

That's a nice thing to do. Pretty sure USPS will misplace the book though :/

Deku Tree

Either do I
unless it's destiny, lol
. Was gonna avatar bet. That's quite inconsequential.

All the same if this were the bet:

A) NM Kings Fall Raid is level 40 with recommended light of 280
B) It is literally anything else

Then that's a really bad bet for me to make because you get "anything else" and I get one extremely specific choice.

Granted I'm assuming that it's (A) based upon what Luke said but that doesn't mean I want to put on an ugly avatar because I think that it's gonna be that and it might not be that...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Very cool idea.

Haybro

So...any new info from the EDGE article?

I thought this part was interesting:

Not really spoilery, but just to be safe as it's Luke talking about the raid.

"The way we developed King's Fall was different to the other raids. We developed Hard mode first this time, then scaled to Normal. And we have one more thing we're not talking about yet that's pretty special. It's a twist I'm very excited about." He stops. We push. "It's not just going to be Normal and Hard mode."

I thought this part was interesting:

Not really spoilery, but just to be safe as it's Luke talking about the raid.

"The way we developed King's Fall was different to the other raids. We developed Hard mode first this time, then scaled to Normal. And we have one more thing we're not talking about yet that's pretty special. It's a twist I'm very excited about." He stops. We push. "It's not just going to be Normal and Hard mode."

Super-hard mode?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
All the same if this were the bet:

A) NM Kings Fall Raid is level 40 with recommended light of 280
B) It is literally anything else

Then that's a really bad bet for me to make because you get "anything else" and I get one extremely specific choice.

Granted I'm assuming that it's (A) based upon what Luke said but that doesn't mean I want to put on an ugly avatar because I think that it's gonna be that and it might not be that...
No no no, my counter bet would've been NM lvl 40/light 2--ahh 280 sounds way too perfect (cause then they could push it to 300 for hard). Dang you might be right.

And your avatar wouldn't have been ugly. Just would've been the class you dislike most in destiny with the caption "all praise [insert hated class here]"

But fine, no bets ={

Top Bottom