• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
e2860067136681a2806541c0a95fe141.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMYNfQlf1H8

Here here.

everyone wins with a les mis reference.

Last thing I'll post about OT issues, as a general overview of my perspective.

Agree with this.

And this.

And this.

When Hawk "resigned" the OTs bounced around because nobody wanted to make them (iirc Kor made two, Todd made one but neither wanted to take over full time). We needed someone so I offered to help and asked everyone if it was okay. Lots of people posted support and nobody else nominated themselves, so I took over.

After taking over I realized why Hawk got burned out and no one else wanted to do it. It's a huge job for a community this large and active. It takes a ton of time to keep up with the thread and stay in touch with the community. It takes way more time helping people in-game, which I think is a very important part of the "position." I love spending this time because I love this community and this game, but it still takes a lot.

DGaf deserves somebody who is knowledgable and involved with both the game and the community. Lots of talented people have contributed so much to make this place what it is. I appreciate everyone who answers a question, sherpa's a raid, carries to Mercury, makes a Photoshop, posts their Destiny pics and gifs, writes a thoughtful post (positive or negative), or has a kind word for fellow members. Any supposed drama is swept away as quickly as it appeared. Our environment here is a product of us, and we are great.

Fantastic post, this why i post things like this:

What a sweet summer child you were. At that point no one had any idea you would turn into this community very best and most helpful member. Just a lonely guardian looking up at the sky. Small begginings :)

Lnkn52

sweet jesus these press shots are ginormous. some beautiful images there but i can't even link them here.

LOL, hell yes. Reddit has a thread with all of them uploaded to imgur at compressed sizes.

I look at that page daily to see if they upload new stuff. They tend to take down the old stuff. Got to collect them all.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Last thing I'll post about OT issues, as a general overview of my perspective.

Agree with this.

And this.

And this.

When Hawk "resigned" the OTs bounced around because nobody wanted to make them (iirc Kor made two, Todd made one but neither wanted to take over full time). We needed someone so I offered to help and asked everyone if it was okay. Lots of people posted support and nobody else nominated themselves, so I took over.

After taking over I realized why Hawk got burned out and no one else wanted to do it. It's a huge job for a community this large and active. It takes a ton of time to keep up with the thread and stay in touch with the community. It takes way more time helping people in-game, which I think is a very important part of the "position." I love spending this time because I love this community and this game, but it still takes a lot.

DGaf deserves somebody who is knowledgable and involved with both the game and the community. Lots of talented people have contributed so much to make this place what it is. I appreciate everyone who answers a question, sherpa's a raid, carries to Mercury, makes a Photoshop, posts their Destiny pics and gifs, writes a thoughtful post (positive or negative), or has a kind word for fellow members. Any supposed drama is swept away as quickly as it appeared. Our environment here is a product of us, and we are great.

I still don't think people realize how much time and effort Hawkian put into this community right after release. He was helping people while they were barking at him over the most trifling things. Back then, the thread was more "returning this game, you guys are all idiots for playing" than "LFG" now - and that should say a lot. I'm all for new guys hopping in and contributing, but the OT isn't the ONLY way to contribute.

Personally, I wish there were more PvP corners here. I've yet to hop on with Kadey, but ReignofSparrows and Unstable showed me a great time when I lost my old crew.

Ambitious

Jesus fucking Christ. I was wondering why the rounds of PoE 28 took so long. When I noticed that one random hardly did any damage at all, I had a look at his gear: He's using the Khvostov. Didn't look at the score tables of the first three rounds, but in the fourth, he had zero kills. Fucking idiot.

Lnkn52

I still don't think people realize how much time and effort Hawkian put into this community right after release. He was helping people while they were barking at him over the most trifling things. Back then, the thread was more "returning this game, you guys are all idiots for playing" than "LFG" now - and that should say a lot. I'm all for new guys hopping in and contributing, but the OT isn't the ONLY way to contribute.

Personally, I wish there were more PvP corners here. I've yet to hop on with Kadey, but ReignofSparrows and Unstable showed me a great time when I lost my old crew.

Drizzay and Hawkian have set the standard. Posting the OT is more than creating that 1st page.

LOL, hell yes. Reddit has a thread with all of them uploaded to imgur at compressed sizes.

I look at that page daily to see if they upload new stuff. They tend to take down the old stuff. Got to collect them all.

compressed isn't fun. although i don't see the need for anything beyond 1920 x 1080

YomommaZ

Managed to get my Skolas kill earlier today with the help of Drizzay, Robindooms, and Gigly! Much thanks to all of you guys; it was a really enjoyable run.

I did also get an Elder cipher out of skolas; any recommendations on what to get once I finish the bounty? I hear that dreg's promise is generally pretty garbage, but with (presumably) no upgrade path for any of these guns post TTK, I figure it's probably just down to fun at this point.

Yep it was a pretty fun run. And Drizzay with that 313 k/d was just always on point with managing everything. With this I completed my year 1 triumphs after I started to play again a few weeks ago. Thank you guys!

I think I'm gonna go for the shotgun with my Elder Cipher.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
That means a ton to me. Thank you sir.

I'm deeply proud of what this community has become- not because I feel at all responsible for it or like it's something I did- but because it was just my hope back then that it would stabilize into the generally wonderful pocket of the web we have now.I had my predictions, but no way to be sure of where things were headed. Looking back on those early days, what I was really going for was to be the voice of "No seriously, guys, we are at the very beginning of something great here" despite all the chaos and confusion. :)

Hmmmmm I wonder, could be that a PvP only the100.io group would be quite useful.

Deku Tree

Luke Smoth GI Article said:
But player gear is still very significant in measuring each player's power. Do you still see raids as the gateway to gaining the best gear as it was in the past?

We believe the highest gear level is a little less important to the game now. We hope that players see their light level as a tool that allows them to climb the mountain they want to climb in the way that's most interesting to them. If they look at a raid and they see it's recommended light level is 280, then we want them to think, 'I want to get my light to 280, so I can climb this mountain in front of me.' In the same way, we want players to look at the PvP activities they want to do and say, 'I want to get there, so I can go into that activity and have a great time.' Post-launch, we've created a bunch of ways for players to chase progression, chase creativity, and look how they want to look. That's all stuff we want to carry forward. But the gear you have is just a tool to reaching those activities and not the end goal.

To learn much more about Destiny: The Taken King, click on the banner below to enter our constantly-expanding hub of exclusive content.

This is the most detailed info that I remember hearing about what your new light level stat actually means. But it's still a bit vauge. I suppose it's more of a "each point of light counts" thing.

So It sounds like the NM Kings Fall Raid is level 40 with recommended light level of 280. Sept. 15, Get your grind on Guardians!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
This is the most detailed info that I remember hearing about what your new light level stat actually means.

So It sounds like the NM Kings Fall Raid is level 40 with recommended light level of 280. Sept. 15, Get your grind on Guardians!
Lmao Deku you always trying to read between lines. I think he's just giving a hypothetical

someday

Banned
I think the 100.io groups are great but I'm not sure which one I can still join. I don't play a lot with gaf but I'd like to. Are there still going to be lfg posts here or is there a group I can join? PS4 btw.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

I'm deeply proud of what this community has become- not because I feel at all responsible for it or like it's something I did- but because it was just my hope back then that it would stabilize into the generally wonderful pocket of the web we have now.I had my predictions, but no way to be sure of where things were headed. Looking back on those early days, what I was really going for was to be the voice of "No seriously, guys, we are at the very beginning of something great here" despite all the chaos and confusion. :)

Hmmmmm I wonder, could be that a PvP only the100.io group would be quite useful.
Zoba didn't post as much as he used to, but he was pretty much my PvP playbook while I was reintroducing myself to FPS (fuck you, halo 4).

Unstable's stream is good - but no one really posts about mechanics here like that.

Deku Tree

Lmao Deku you always trying to read between lines. I think he's just giving a hypothetical

Why would he make up a hypothetical? Things can and do always change but... Nah it makes sense that the recommended level is the max you can get to with tower legendary armor.

This community owes alot to you Hawkian seriously. I think we would have imploded if not for you. Thanks for making this a place I have spent almost every day in.

zewone

Zoba didn't post as much as he used to, but he was pretty much my PvP playbook while I was reintroducing myself to FPS (fuck you, halo 4).

Unstable's stream is good - but no one really posts about mechanics here like that.

What sort of mechanic discussion are you looking for?

99.9% of my time in Destiny is spent playing PVP.

lt519

All those reskins......

I sometimes wonder if we are hyping TTK too much. It is an expansion; one patrol area, a couple strikes, a raid and some PvP maps. Those going in expecting a new game are going to be let down again. Can't wait for it, I'll love it, but it's a mixture between added content, remixed content, and quality of life improvements. Not a new game.

That said, there will definitely be a group you can join. The test group in its current form is not long for this world.

On the PvP note it might be worth doing new the100.io Iron Banner groups when it kicks off each month. That way it'll be fresh and active every time it kicks off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think the 100.io groups are great but I'm not sure which one I can still join. I don't play a lot with gaf but I'd like to. Are there still going to be lfg posts here or is there a group I can join? PS4 btw.
There ABSOLUTELY are still going to be LFG posts here. Frankly, when you just want to fill up a group and get going as soon as the last slot is filled, the thread will always be the best way to do it. the100.io is primarily for those who have had issues with doing so or otherwise want an alternative grouping solution they can check in a static way.

That said, there will definitely be a group you can join. The test group in its current form is not long for this world.
This community owes alot to you Hawkian seriously. I think we would have imploded if not for you. Thanks for making this a place I have spent almost every day in.
aww shucks. <3

Top Bottom