• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Hedera

Personally, I've been on a grimoire hunt mood lately. Trying to at least get most of the PVE related ones (probably won't touch the VIP's and strikes). Doing the PVP ones would probably make me hate the game so I won't do that :p

Tjamato88

Tell me about it, I started playing Far Cry 4 finally after MONTHS of having it in my backlog, and about 10 hours in I already have the destiny itch and need to come back every day.

I have SO MANY GAMES I need to beat, but I told myself I will try to finish up Far Cry 4 and at least one other game before TTK released.
I actually beat that one! I still have the DLC to finish though 😑

I have a ton of indie games to play too and don't get me started on the amount of games I've got on my Vita too.

FyreWulff

Only things I have left for grimoire are the following, I'm not going to go out of my way to get what is left. Outside of the ghosts I have not farmed one bit of grimoire.

Crucible kills as Hunter/Warlock/Titan, Hunter is almost done.
Hydra Kills - 171/250
Strikes Introduction - 171/250
Clash - 40/100
Skirmish - 13/100
Salvage - 5/100
Sidearms - 198/1000
Doubles - 0
Rumble - 0

Think I'm missing something else, Rumble does not show up on destiny status, maybe elimination is the other one.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/grimoire/ps/Fyre_Wulff

I'm not even surprised i haven't completed Cabal, since they're not in either of the current DLCs in any real way

Personally, I've been on a grimoire hunt mood lately. Trying to at least get most of the PVE related ones (probably won't touch the VIP's and strikes). Doing the PVP ones would probably make me hate the game so I won't do that :p
Sorry we didn't get to play again on Sunday.

lt519

So what trophies does everyone want to see in TTK? I was disappointed that TDB and HoW didn't have any trophies at all. I enjoy the extra challenge if it's night grindy (grimoire). I'd like to see some more Crucible trophies tied to feats like the Triple Kill and endgame challenges like the Flawless Raider trophy.

Also wouldn't a Crucible mode like Steal the Bacon but with a devouring essence timer on whoever is holding the (relic/light/trophy/whatever) so the team has to pass it around be pretty fun?

Look at the itty bitty purple Dinosaur gun.

It will be mine.

63d38abc7f7568f937bf15a8eb1176be.png

This map is also giving some H2 Midship vibes.

EDIT: Also happens to called Ghost Ship

GhostShip610.jpg

Kadin

Been gone a very long time, what's the best thing I can do to get caught up? Should I play the expansions since I never did them or just play strikes to get geared up? 28 Warlock and feeling like I'm starting all over.

Just got Game Informer and read the article. Wow. Super impressed. So many steps in the right direction, especially in the story department (or so it seems).

In some ways, it seems like people starting out in September will have a better overall experience than we did in many ways. Will we even get to play the story missions to introduce subclasses we already have maxed out? That sounds so cool! Still, I wouldn't want to grind for my Hawkmoon again . . .

Edit: Forgot to mention the most exciting reveal: You no longer have to wear faction class items to gain faction rep! Fashion Destiny will finally rule all.

darthbob

Pretty much nothing again.

The closest thing to new information was Bungie has no plans to do anything with vehicles anytime soon.

The End.

Starting to wish that vehicles, other than the Sparrow just weren't in the game. The Pike is kinda cool, I guess, as is the Heavy Pike and Interceptor but...eh, they just don't feel good IMO.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So, by the end of the month I have to a) get to Crota's Bane rank 3 and b) find all the golden chests. Should be doable...

BTW, anyone else a bit irked that Crota's Bane rank is not increased by killing Crota?

edit: lol@page 20 already.

Kyoufu

So, by the end of the month I have to a) get to Crota's Bane rank 3 and b) find all the golden chests. Should be doable...

BTW, anyone else a bit irked that Crota's Bane rank is not increased by killing Crota?

Players would complain that Crota doesn't give rep after the first time you kill him.

Killing Crota more than once doesn't make sense lore-wise.

Starting to wish that vehicles, other than the Sparrow just weren't in the game. The Pike is kinda cool, I guess, as is the Heavy Pike and Interceptor but...eh, they just don't feel good IMO.

Vehicles definitely seem like an afterthought. I'm surprised the Pike and the Interceptor weren't changed into automated drones of some sort during development. Pike could easily be a big brother to shanks. Interceptors seem kind of odd, but it could be done I'm sure. That or just have the Psion that pilots them be in a shielded cockpit or something.

Either way, vehicles are definitely something very lacking in destiny, on all fronts. I will say thought that the game has obviously made some strides if vehicles are making their way to my most wanted fixes list.

So I played this at launch, got to lv 23, and then quit. Recently I had urges to play, and started again last night...but I have no idea what to do to level up.

Any handy guides available or anything?

Namikaze1

Oh thank god! I was beginning to lose my mind over at the twitch chat room Noomi created. I may had said a few things over there that thankfully won't ever be read or seen.

If he's from London I'm sure he'll know all the places to go. Science/Natural History museums are a must, Southbank for Borough Market, Tate modern and London Eye, river boat to Greenwich, Temple for Ye Olde London.

Edgware Rd for great Arabic food/Shisha bars. Pattie and Bun for the best burgers in town. Or if you have a free evening and fancy drinking and gaming you can go here http://www.meltdown.bar/london

Avoid Madame Tussads and its ilk unless you want to waste half your day in queues

Dude, make sure to visit Borough Market for some of the finest & affordable foods around.

Thanks guys, most of these places were recommended by my friend so I'm all set.

Have no plans of going to museums though, I've seen a bunch already. Also I don't care about wax statutes.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Hey we're back
Yeah I almost crapped my pants when I logged onto my computer at work - GAF wasn't loading and I thought there was some Megaton that dropped in the time I'd taken to drive to work :-/

Oh thank god! I was beginning to lose my mind over at the twitch chat room Noomi created. I may had said a few things over there that thankfully won't ever be read or seen.
Quick Noomi, did you get a screencap of the chat? :D

That is one strange looking shotgun.
It looks like a weird coloured Shotgun-variant of the Murmur.

You sir, in 2 weeks have walked more than I probably have in 2 years.
Now I feel fat.

Heh, I love walking and trekking. Today's hike was especially tough, super enjoyable though. 3 mile steep uphill hike but the views were absolutely worth it, and then the 8 mile trek down the hill...waterfall, lake and country side vistas...lovely stuff.

ich00

If you haven't seen yet http://destinychesthunter.net/ has a list of where all the chests are and how to get them.

Good point about the Crota's bane thing, you get rank with variks for beating PoE, probably should get it for beating up on crota.

todd360

Yeah I almost crapped my pants when I logged onto my computer at work - GAF wasn't loading and I thought there was some Megaton that dropped in the time 'd taken to drive to work :-/

It seems to me that the megaton was atlus confirming P5 for 2015 for the 10th time. Its kind of funny how they keep saying 2015 and no one believes them. I, for one, have faith in Atlus America

A line I thought was interesting from the new game informer video:

"Who knows if we'll ever go to Mercury beyond Burning Shrine and Vertigo. We may never go there as a destination as a PvE activity."

hmmmmm

todd360

So "Megaton" :p
That's not a megaton.

It is a megaton in a gjallerhorn rocket form. The first megaton was the initial confirmation/explosion. Now the wolf pack rounds are slowing blowing up with the same message as the initial explosion. This is causing more and more belief in the original explosion. Soon the wolfpack rounds will make everybody a believer/dead.

Top Bottom