• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

397/500 void kills. Morale is low.

Edit: Went from 397 all the way up to 435 back to 407 all in the course of a single match. I have never wanted to throw a controller out the window so bad in my life. I don't understand why they don't count assists for this bounty, I would have been done with it hours ago :(

Are you on the same Thorn bounty as you were back when we played?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
tumblr_inline_nstju6PsIw1r9vdbu_540.jpg
Too many good reaction pictures from dgaf

I still don't know what's going on. This guy is clearly insane.

He's just some super pro PvP player who was trying to carry two of his not so great buddies in Trials. Falifax and me matched against him once (either w Ray or the kid) and beat him pretty good. He had a really cool emblem that I'd never seen before.

I sent him a message after and said "GG, double carries are brutal. Where'd you get that sweet emblem?" but sadly he never replied. We googled it and learned it's awarded to people who win the Destiny movie of the week in the weekly update (he won for that video Lnkn posted).

Then me and Falifax matched him again with Ocean and stomped him 5-1. One of his buddies sent Falifax some confusing hate mail about how we "don't know what outside is." Because if you win a video game, it's important to be good at video games but if you lose then it's lame and only losers are good at video games. It was very entertaining.

MrDaravon

If anyone wants to carry a newbie in Trials (doesn't have to be to Mercury, although I wouldn't complain) hit me up. Never done Trials before period.

Are you on the same Thorn bounty as you were back when we played?

Oh no no, this is a new one I started this morning. After this one I am done, don't want/need more than 2 Thorns anyway.

Edit: Went from 480 to 440 in one match. Fun fact: doing the Thorn bounty the first time is actually what originally made me quit this game.

phen0m24

Not sure how much I can play tonight. Just got done with the funeral and currently with her family. I'll be going home soon but I'll see how she feels. First up, going to help in Trials. Then we can do a 32 if I have time. PoE or weekly?
Oh dude no worries whatsoever! I apologize I didn't mean to impose. :( Spend time with your gf. Much more important

Definity

Just now got around to watching that new GI video. Can't wait to see how they handle the blink nerf.

Sunbreaker titan is going to be the new meta

fastest movement + bladedancer like super

yep! I'm seriously thinking of going sunbreaker first. Looks like it's going to wreck.

X-Frame

So glad Blink is finally getting nerfed. 90% of Destiny leaderboards am cry

Sunbreaker titan is going to be the new meta

fastest movement + bladedancer like super

prepare your assmats

Damn, I can't wait.

Nerfing Blink + hand-cannon and shotgun nerfs should also make a Striker Titan more effective as well since Shoulder Charge will have less worthy counters.

Maybe the MK. 44 Stand Asides will finally be worth it?! Just kidding ..

Daemul

If you take the Crucible too seriously you're just going to be frustrated, and it's not because the game isn't balanced or the game isn't fun or whatever, if you sort of like play it to relax and just have fun it's a really amazing experience.

img401.imageshack.us_img401_7936_notsureifserious.gif

Yeah, because the poor netcode, bi-annual weapon balancing, no ranked playlists, no discernible skill based matching system and not having custom games clearly make the Crucible an amazing experience where you can relax

Hyun Sai

Damn, I can't wait.

Nerfing Blink + hand-cannon and shotgun nerfs should also make a Striker Titan more effective as well since Shoulder Charge will have less worthy counters.

Maybe the MK. 44 Stand Asides will finally be worth it?! Just kidding ..

I don't know if a 30% nerf to shot package will be enough, sadly.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man this story is shorter than I remember. Only need to do some missions on Mars and I'm done already.

img401.imageshack.us_img401_7936_notsureifserious.gif

Yeah, because the poor netcode, bi-annual weapon balancing, no ranked playlists, no discernible skill based matching system and not having custom games clearly make the Crucible an amazing experience where you can relax

He basically just said "stop trying hard and play casually", which almost goes against the point of "competitive" multiplayer.

I like Lars but I think he's better suited to PvE than PvP content if that's the mentality he has.

Considering that there's no P4 coming to PS4, the anime will be my only port of call for Persona ;-)

Not by Bungie, but they do licensed PlayStation gear.
The first P4 animation was great, I don't know what Todd was talking about. And the first episode of Golden was great, but the rest is bad. The PSTV is only $33 on Rakuten. Get it and play Golden!

Man this story is shorter than I remember. Only need to do some missions on Mars and I'm done already.

The Fallen are bad, kill them. Holy shit what are the Hive doing on Earth? Kill them. Oh shit, go to the moon and kill the Hive, who are also fighting some Fallen. Oh, that's done? There are some enemies on Venus "you wouldn't believe." Go there and take those killer robots out. Oh, by the way, they have their Vex headquarters on Mars, go deal with that. Wait, first kill some big-ass Cabal things that are trying to fight off the Vex. Done? Cool, finish off the Vex headquarters bad guys. Here's a pulse rifle for your troubles.

Done.

The Fallen are bad, kill them. Holy shit what are the Hive doing on Earth? Kill them. Oh shit, go to the moon and kill the Hive, who are also fighting some Fallen. Oh, that's done? There are some enemies on Venus "you wouldn't believe." Go there and take those killer robots out. Oh, by the way, they have their Vex headquarters on Mars, go deal with that. Wait, first kill some big-ass Cabal things that are trying to fight off the Vex. Done? Cool, finish off the Vex headquarters bad guys. Here's a pulse rifle for your troubles.

Done.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone wanna do the Daily on XB1?

Done.

Yup. :p

Oh dude no worries whatsoever! I apologize I didn't mean to impose. :( Spend time with your gf. Much more important

Oh no worries at all! Sorry I didn't mean to sound like that :X

But yea just trying to gauge my time. I need some play in after all the emotions this morning. I need some happy feels now

Has Bungie said anything the upgrade bubble issue getting fixed in this next patch? Its annoying to have to "clear out" the upgrades on a weapon when you move it to a new character.

Uh-oh, sounds like I need to hear this story now :p
I was playing skirmish for a bounty and got teamed up with a player named jacob with the clan tag BNG Crucible. I thuoght, cool you dont get to play with bungie employees often. I didnt pkay well. I sucked actually. After the match was over jacob sends me a psn message calling me trash. Normally i wouldn't care but i thuoght it was a bungie employee so i was pissed off that someone woukd treat there customer with such disrespect. Thanks to detective gaf, turns out there is another clan called bng crucible only slightly modified in the spelling.

Daemul

He basically just said "stop trying hard and play casually", which almost goes against the point of "competitive" multiplayer.

I like Lars but I think he's better suited to PvE than PvP content if that's the mentality he has.

Yep. If everyone at Bungie working on the PvP shares his mentality than it explains perfectly why the Crucible is in the state it's in. You have a competitive setting being run by casuals.

Daemul

People on gaming side have said that a digital legendary edition is already listed for sale on XBL just not PSN. IDK because I don't have Xbox. It's gonna happen for sure. Just not yet.

I could be blind, but there's nothing so far on Xbox.com that has The Taken King + Destiny in a digital format for $60.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/StoreSearch?query=destiny

You need to be logged into Xbox.com for the option to buy the digital version to show up.

Done.

To be fair, it is a really nice pulse rifle

Top Bottom