• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

todd360

Yep. If everyone at Bungie working on the PvP shares his mentality than it explains perfectly why the Crucible is in the state it's in. You have a competitive setting being run by casuals.

Its so weird to see such a casual statement said by the people who gave us the hardest of the hardcore. The trials deysu of Osiris-sama!

Drizz you want to carry me or does your back hurt too much from the earlier carry? :p

Back isn't hurt but did need some relaxation, lol. I talked to Rubenov last night about doing more carries tonight so we'll see if he's around. If he still wants to do some I could probably hop on for more a bit later.

I was playing skirmish for a bounty and got teamed up with a player named jacob with the clan tag BNG Crucible. I thuoght, cool you dont get to play with bungie employees often. I didnt pkay well. I sucked actually. After the match was over jacob sends me a psn message calling me trash. Normally i wouldn't care but i thuoght it was a bungie employee so i was pissed off that someone woukd treat there customer with such disrespect. Thanks to detective gaf, turns out there is another clan called bng crucible only slightly modified in the spelling.

Wow, the only thing trashy is to act that juvenile. No wonder he didn't respond to my GG and his team sent us hate mail after we whomped him twice. Not a lot of pro players are mature enough to win and lose well. That's sad but not surprising to hear. I should make a gif or two from those matches, lol.

Sofa King

Out of curiosity looked up the missing grimoire and found I haven't beaten Gulrot in POE. Guess it gives me a reason to go back to POE when he shows up.

PuMa

Back isn't hurt but did need some relaxation, lol. I talked to Rubenov last night about doing more carries tonight so we'll see if he's around. If he still wants to do some I could probably hop on for more a bit later
Hit me up if you do come on later and need a third!

Silvard

Back isn't hurt but did need some relaxation, lol. I talked to Rubenov last night about doing more carries tonight so we'll see if he's around. If he still wants to do some I could probably hop on for more a bit later.

Wow, the only thing trashy is to act that juvenile. No wonder he didn't respond to my GG and his team sent us hate mail after we whomped him twice. Not a lot of pro players are mature enough to win and lose well. That's sad but not surprising to hear. I should make a gif or two from those matches, lol.

I already sent you a psn message so I don't want to sound too stalkerish, but if you guys have a spot tonight I'd love to join you. Unless of course I am too big a load to carry in which case I totally understand.

Lazslo

Anyone got a Gorgons Checkpoint they want to share?
I'm not Knocking you man, I'm honestly just trying to educate myself. I hear a lot of people always asking for checkpoints- Im just curious as to why? I guess to get a quick Exotic Chest? I'll never understand it because I rather just form a group and Play to the Chest. I only have 2 Characters so I only get to run the Vault twice a week -Honestly I cherish those two times I get to do a Vault Run with rewards. I don't think I could ever waste it on just getting a Chest Checkpoint. Like I said I'm not knocking your style, I'm just curious to see if I'm missing something- Is it only to get those Chests or is there another reason I don't know about. Please inform.

Alright, i got like 3 hours left in my day so let me know if its possible.

Hit me up if you do come on later and need a third!

Sure thing, will do!

I already sent you a psn message so I don't want to sound too stalkerish, but if you guys have a spot tonight I'd love to join you. Unless of course I am too big a load to carry in which case I totally understand.

Lol no worries, we need to finish what we started last night :p

And don't worry about the carry weight, it's just about the experienced players playing well and not putting you in bad positions. Sometimes there's just bad luck with the teams you face or the lag or whatever. Ultimately it comes down to teamwork and everyone contributes to a successful run. Win as a team, lose as a team like I always say.

Frostburn

Ugh, but I hate you

;P

I'll hit you up when I get on. I'm visiting some family so I hope to be on in 45 mins but you never know with that stuff.

No worries just excited to finally have a Ghorn for end game. I actually got my first one Tuesday as a Nightfall reward so of course Xur finally sold it on Friday :) at least I have 3 now.

I'm not Knocking you man, I'm honestly just trying to educate myself. I hear a lot of people always asking for checkpoints- Im just curious as to why? I guess to get a quick Exotic Chest? I'll never understand it because I rather just form a group and Play to the Chest. I only have 2 Characters so I only get to run the Vault twice a week -Honestly I cherish those two times I get to do a Vault Run with rewards. I don't think I could ever waste it on just getting a Chest Checkpoint. Like I said I'm not knocking your style, I'm just curious to see if I'm missing something- Is it only to get those Chests or is there another reason I don't know about. Please inform.

When you have just about everything and your omly looking for a few stragging exotics, you maximise time to get your chances each week. Most us here had run vog 3x a week for nearly a year. Just run it now for fun :)

Youll also see people asking for templar cps for fatebringer or hm crota for crux. Same thing

No worries just excited to finally have a Ghorn for end game. I actually got my first one Tuesday as a Nightfall reward so of course Xur finally sold it on Friday :) at least I have 3 now.

I finally got one from Xur... I bought three. Kinda bummed it never dropped for me but whatever, I'll take it.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Shit i'll count that as a win.

Edit: top of page, no gif because i sympathize with mobile gaf.
Don't worry about us. There's an option to turn gifs into clickable buttons so you can choose to load a gif or not. Blame the no button peons for choosing otherwise. I don't pity them at all.

Daemul

Its so weird to see such a casual statement said by the people who gave us the hardest of the hardcore. The trials deysu of Osiris-sama!

Eh, the closet thing that Destiny has to a true competitive hardcore setting is the Inferno playlist, even more so with the brilliant changes Bungie made to it with the special and heavy ammo spawn reduction. Thankfully there seems to be at least one person on the PvP team who doesn't share Lar's viewpoint.

If/when custom games get added to Destiny, the competitive scene will build on what is already in the Inferno playlist and tweak some things like getting rid of all the exotics.

todd360

Eh, the closet thing that Destiny has to a true competitive hardcore setting is the Inferno playlist, even more so with the brilliant changes Bungie made to it with the special and heavy ammo spawn reduction. Thankfully there seems to be at least one person on the PvP team who doesn't share Lar's viewpoint.

If/when custom games get added to Destiny, the competitive scene will build on what is already in the Inferno playlist and tweak some things like getting rid of all the exotics.

I still think trials is the most hardcore since they encourage you to win with a erotic chest.

E92 M3

Competitive matches are so much fun to watch. It's sad that Lars wants Destiny to be as casual as possible. I think great multiplayer games can be played competitively and casually. Halo being the perfect example.

willow ve

You need to be logged into Xbox.com for the option to buy the digital version to show up.

I am logged in.

There are the following options.

The Taken King standalone digital $40
The Taken King Digital Collectors $80

There is no option for The Legendary Edition
(Taken King + Destiny + HoW + DB) $60

You can get that package with a physical Destiny disc, but I can't find it all digital.

Top Bottom