• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I had an lfg match with 2 guys that barely started playing Trials today and 1 was his very first time, even though he was looking for a Flawless run or 5 wins at least. I didn't know that or care but decided to check after we disbanded especially after we only lost 1 whole ticket (0-4) he said "yea this isn't working out". His complete trials record, 0-4 haha.

Edit crap too late hahaha

maomaoIYP

I had an lfg match with 2 guys that barely started playing Trials today and 1 was his very first time, even though he was looking for a Flawless run or 5 wins at least. I didn't know that or care but decided to check after we disbanded especially after we only lost 1 whole ticket (0-4) he said "yea this isn't working out". His complete trials record, 0-4 haha.

I think the issue here is that there are a large number of incredible players who stream flawless games. This results in a feedback loop where people think that:
1) trials is easy
2) they don't need to contribute in order to win
3) if you can't help them get flawless, YOU are the obviously the problem, because
4) trials is easy.... etc

edit: ^yeah too late, I saw your edit and the revert heh

I think the issue here is that there are a large number of incredible players who stream flawless games. This results in a feedback loop where people think that:
1) trials is easy
2) they don't need to contribute in order to win
3) if you can't help them get flawless, YOU are the obviously the problem, because
4) trials is easy.... etc

Haha yea I understand. I don't have anything against people who want to play with other great people. It's just as you said, it results in a lot of people having the wrong frame of reference. Which is basically seen throughout other lfg posts such as Normal VoG. People want Level 32+ or even 34 for Normal VoG which is a complete joke haha.

I need to know how to beat 2 snipers 1v2 when they're side by side or basically on top of each other haha. Just try to take 1 out at a time obviously but damn it's hard.

I really want a sniper with snapshot now.

I need to know how to beat 2 snipers 1v2 when they're side by side or basically on top of each other haha. Just try to take 1 out at a time obviously but damn it's hard.

2 options:

1. Ask them nicely to align themselves so you can headshot both with one shot

2. Use a ranged super

Kappa ;P

Raybunny

OFKQe5f.jpg

Guardian Lord get (though I forgot to trophy sync Lnkn).

Thanks so much for your help Gutz. Three manning it was totally painless!

T-44 just needs Salvage and the Clan Strike trophy (he already did clan raider).

GZ, will do it today if Drizz or any other is up for that.

He's just some super pro PvP player who was trying to carry two of his not so great buddies in Trials. Falifax and me matched against him once (either w Ray or the kid) and beat him pretty good. He had a really cool emblem that I'd never seen before.

I sent him a message after and said "GG, double carries are brutal. Where'd you get that sweet emblem?" but sadly he never replied. We googled it and learned it's awarded to people who win the Destiny movie of the week in the weekly update (he won for that video Lnkn posted).

Then me and Falifax matched him again with Ocean and stomped him 5-1. One of his buddies sent Falifax some confusing hate mail about how we "don't know what outside is." Because if you win a video game, it's important to be good at video games but if you lose then it's lame and only losers are good at video games. It was very entertaining.

Haha wow, that sounds hilarious. Thanks for the context :)

Drizzay, bane of Jacob!

Raybunny

He's just some super pro PvP player who was trying to carry two of his not so great buddies in Trials. Falifax and me matched against him once (either w Ray or the kid) and beat him pretty good. He had a really cool emblem that I'd never seen before.

I sent him a message after and said "GG, double carries are brutal. Where'd you get that sweet emblem?" but sadly he never replied. We googled it and learned it's awarded to people who win the Destiny movie of the week in the weekly update (he won for that video Lnkn posted).

Then me and Falifax matched him again with Ocean and stomped him 5-1. One of his buddies sent Falifax some confusing hate mail about how we "don't know what outside is." Because if you win a video game, it's important to be good at video games but if you lose then it's lame and only losers are good at video games. It was very entertaining.

oh oh! That is interesting. We did encounter jacob indeed.

Hey man, I get to go outside, it's called the Cosmodrone. Kappa

deadduck

I hate the amount of heavy in PvP, inferno is a wasted opportunity seeing as Guardians seem to make sound, I understand a no exotics mode but I don't get the push for no supers... orbs only generated on multikills would mean a reduced amount, but no supers?

Supers make it a bit more dynamic than the usual fps; knowing the enemy has a Nova and not sticking together, teamshotting a bladedancer and no scoping a self res. It changes the way a match plays out and makes it less predictable, but good players will still come out on top and it can be competitive without making it Halo.

Trash level smack talk.

Btw took my unleveled Messenger for a spin. Went 2.6. Don't know how I feel about this.

c263180fd10832bc6f41ef553353f70bbaf672ecb22ad1be953a3c63b7bcde0e.jpg

I keep trying with TLW/Thorn but am clearly better with my Hopscotch, the problem is you can come slightly unstuck with it in Trials against the latter

Edit, on people looking for Mercury carries the thirst is unreal, way beyond people trying to get Crota done in the dark days and brings out mostly some shitty behaviour

Aside from them being lined up, If one is wounded badly enough, I suppose you could headshot the other one with Praedyth's revenge, and kill the second with the firefly explosion.

Those super fast rate of fire / very low impact rifles (e.g. Subtle Nudge class) still kill in one headshot. If your aim was impeccable, they might be better in that situation than other sniper choices. Of course, they aren't so hot if you can't hit those headshots reliably. (Edit: They can't revive snipe, and take 3x body shots, so maybe not even worth it for that)

ocean

Banned

I'd say you don't wanna contest 2 hards coped snipers because you'll only ever win that encounter via luck or if they are garbage :p

If your team is alive, you could try and distract them by letting them think you're about to peek while they rush and peek. If you're last man alive? Time to clutch it up. Flank, tag with nade, hope for best? Lol no real good way to handle a 1v2 when the opponents are competent. But challenging hard scoped snipers is a bad plan.

Rehsa

Well big thanks to DrDrizzay and Rubenov for the trials run, had a rough start with my sack of cinder blocks weighing them down, got on a smooth passage but Rube got DCd at final boss, Drizz broke his back trying to down them for the last win but they came back 4-1 to win :/ Got gold package and some weapon parts out of it and some very good experience for my first foray into Trials. Y'all are gentlemen and scholars! Catch you next weekend :)

FFS, never realised servers were going down as well, why on reset day they know its the busiest day

I'm guessing we're going to have this every week until TTK

shut down ALL the servers!

(can't affect PSN downtime but Bungie really should know their audience by now and not do downtime on weekly event days)

Edit crap too late hahaha

I'm really torn about Trials - I had initially written it off as something that just wasn't for me as I've not really been in to PvP over the first few months...but then I've had 3 fun runs grinding through iron banner, and have generally improved to being "only a bit below average".

I've enjoyed learning the maps, and also the Thorn bounty helped me learn how to spend my time trying not to die rather than trying to get kills.

I was also playing in a full fireteam with other players who were good so we were getting matched against some pretty good teams. When I went in on my own I usually did much better (in terms of KD) as I was getting matched against my own skill level.

Anyway - I think when Trials launched I was really hyped to see Mercury, and all the loot that was dropping. Then I tried it (once) and realised how hard getting wins was, never mind a flawless....I would have been up for practicing it, and trying to get better over time with a consistent fireteam, but I can't get online consistently enough, and all the guys I PvE with weren't interested in it enough to try.

Maybe LFG works for Trials, but I haven't tried it as doing well seems to be a lot about team work and call outs etc rather than individual gun skill (unless you are in the 1% or the 1% within the 1%).

TL;DR I'm glad Trials exists, I'm glad it's "elitist" in that it really rewards the best players and teams, but boy is it driving me a bit crazy knowing it's there and I can't really get there.... I need to hang out in twitch chats and try to win a raffle for a carry or something..

....The devil bit of me would also like to hear the reactions of my buddies when they see the emblem... :p

Ambitious

Didn't manage to play PoE at all yesterday (excluding level 28). Sucks. So I still don't have a level 33 character.
There's still 50min left until the reset, but I can't play right now.

Spoo

Hey dgaf,

Friend and I are gonna try doing Trials of Osiris for the first time. Need 1 more -- anyone who is good at this shit wanna help :D Just message reeducator on psn.

edit: Oh shit, didn't realize how close it is to reset...

Top Bottom