• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Cronen

I am on Vanilla Destiny, no expansions (yet - will pick them all up with TKK). I have a few Factions at level 1 (Dead Orbit, Vanguard, Crucible is almost level 1). Right now am I best off focusing my efforts on to 1 faction (eg Dead Orbit) and getting that to level 2. That way I can pick up new armour and raise my light even higher? Are there any differences in the factions, or is it purely a 'choose which one you like' sort of deal?

Klyka

Banned
I am on Vanilla Destiny, no expansions (yet - will pick them all up with TKK). I have a few Factions at level 1 (Dead Orbit, Vanguard, Crucible is almost level 1). Right now am I best off focusing my efforts on to 1 faction (eg Dead Orbit) and getting that to level 2. That way I can pick up new armour and raise my light even higher? Are there any differences in the factions, or is it purely a 'choose which one you like' sort of deal?

Be very aware that the factions are all PvP factions so they ONLY accept Crucible marks (until TTK when bungie makes all marks into one). So you need to wear their faction item and it transforms any rep from any source into their faction rep but you WILL need to PvP to earn the crucible marks to buy stuff.

Deku Tree

They all sell their own different equipment.

ocean

Banned
Each faction has different stats.

So for instance Future War Cult armor all has Intellect + Discipline. If those are the stats you want, they're the guys you talk to. Dead Orbjt is Discipline STR. New monarchy is int strength. Vanguard and Crucible are balanced along the three.

Theres also the aesthetic aspect, but shaders negate that a little bit.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone want to join in on the Weekly Hard on XB1? At the end on the boss and someone quit so a space available.

Edit: Make that 2 spaces both wussed out.

MrDaravon

Thanks for the runs Biggy and Pirate! My worse NF luck yet (purple scout rifle, Apothesis Veil and a EL), but glad to get it out of the way so quick before I even had to leave for work.

Thanks for the runs Biggy and Pirate! My worse NF luck yet (purple scout rifle, Apothesis Veil and a EL), but glad to get it out of the way so quick before I even had to leave for work.

Thanks for running NF! Sorry I took so long to join the second run.

Still looking to do one more run, anyone interested?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I just hit 32 and I'm looking for some kind gaffers to join me for PoE 32. Anyone in?

EDIT: nevermind, doing NF first. Be on for PoE in a bit.

ocean

Banned
Ok so I did a full inventory check of Year 1 sets and I'm missing more than I thought :/

Vault of Glass: Hunter Helm+Boots; Warlock Chest; Praetorian Foil

Crota's End: Hunter and Titan Class Item; Warlock Chest

Prison of Elders: Fusion Rifle, Rocket Launcher, Warlock Helm (Fallen)

Trials of Osiris: Titan Class Item; Shotgun

Iron Banner: Auto Rifle; Pulse Rifle; Warlock/Titan Helm; Warlock/Titan Boots

Exotics missing: Queenbreaker's Bow (working on bounty); Dreg's Promise

Exotics owned but not 365: Hard Light, Monte Carlo, No Land Beyond, Dragon's Breath (they're all missing like a bubble or two)

The rest of the Exotic weapons are 365 and every armor piece 42 Light. I feel like I have so much crap in this game :p but evidently during the past year I discarded some of this stuff (wish I hadn't) or never even got it (Praetorian Foil is a lie, even if it kills Drizz in Trials).

Top Bottom