• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Let's hope shes got enough time to explain

AqQ9XoxO.gif

Lnkn52

Cross posting this info from the gaming thread:

Looks like Bungie has a new Senior Writer.

Christine Thompson

[Former] lead writer for Star Trek Online. She has also written a number of short stories set in the Star Trek Online continuity, published in Star Trek Magazine.

No idea what else she is from.

Info comes from her Twitter account: https://twitter.com/HelloKestrel

Anyone here familiar with Star Trek Online that they might be able to comment on her work?

That's great news. Bungie can release the intern they used to write the year one story.

ocean

Banned
What if she went with a new race... A new race SO evil it actually surrounds itself with other evil.

That way, instead of segregating itself, the evil becomes exponential.

Hmm... I think I need to apply for a job at Bungie.
It's shocking how the dialogue can be so freaking lame when the quality of the Grimoire lore is just superb. Those Vex cards are extremely cool, with simulated recursive realities and stuff. I can't imagine they had the same writers for the script. Even weapon and armor description text is badass.

GutZ31

Is Bungie redoing the whole story for TKK or just rerecording the same lines with Nathan Drake?

They are just rerecording the ghosts dialog, and possibly adding audio log type scan points, but so far they only talked about the audio log stuff for TTK.

Also, Nathan Drake couldn't make it, so they hired Nolan North.

deoee

They are just rerecording the ghosts dialog, and possibly adding audio log type scan points, but so far they only talked about the audio log stuff for TTK.

Also, Nathan Drake couldn't make it, so they hired Nolan North.

Ahh ok, so it's possible they will make the story "richer" :|

Nolan North? I thought the 2 choice was Desmond Miles?

Ji66a-Man

If last week's horns dropping for me and Unstable on 1 Nightfall were good hints for Xur's inventory, this week he's probably selling Plan C. I got 3 of 'em today across both systems.
OWkB4wZ.png

GutZ31

If last week's horns dropping for me and Unstable on 1 Nightfall were good hints for Xur's inventory, this week he's probably selling Plan C. I got 3 of 'em today across both systems.
OWkB4wZ.png
Fusion Rifle Buff incoming.
Plan C now shoots automatically when switching weapons, and fires the full clip.

Quick nightfall? Well, quick is quite relative, I'm not liking the grounded modifier. I won't be able to play more after this, busy day.

PSN Figaliz. Remember, I'm still a scrub.

LTWood12

So, is this week a good week to beat Skolas?

Isn't it lightswitch though? That makes it a bad week.

Honestly I don't think it ends up being much of a factor as long as you stay mobile and focus on ad control. Small Arms actually really helps w/ taking out the ads, so it shouldn't be much of a problem putting distance between you and them. It was Angry last week and in some ways that's tougher since the enemies never flinch and just keep coming at you.

ocean

Banned
Honestly I don't think it ends up being much of a factor as long as you stay mobile and focus on ad control. Small Arms actually really helps w/ taking out the ads, so it shouldn't be much of a problem putting distance between you and them. It was Angry last week and in some ways that's tougher since the enemies never flinch and just keep coming at you.
Small Arms is the roughest possible nerf though. Cutting down the damage your Shotgun/Sniper/Gjallarhorn in this fight is a super severe penalty. You can't shotty a Captain before he kills you. You can't burn Skolas as reliably as you should.

Not to mention the fact that Captains have silly range on that melee swipe, being able to kill 2 people in one hit.

Completely doable, but significantly more prone to frustrating wipes when a tiny thing goes wrong.

Top Bottom