• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

todd360

N0EJomx.jpg

Happy Birthday Math! Have fun on your outdoors adventure.

Mupod

Is there a list somewhere of weapons I should be saving my Etheric Light for? Found Verdict was light well spent, but my long absence means I have no idea what the 'good' weapons were in Crota's End for example. I learn very quickly what the good PVP weapons are, I mean after dying to Matador 64 and Messenger/Hopscotch 700 times in a row you kind of get the idea.

Likewise I saved my weapon core from last week but that handcannon on Variks looks like raw butt.

Is there a list somewhere of weapons I should be saving my Etheric Light for? Found Verdict was light well spent, but my long absence means I have no idea what the 'good' weapons were in Crota's End for example. I learn very quickly what the good PVP weapons are, I mean after dying to Matador 64 and Messenger/Hopscotch 700 times in a row you kind of get the idea.

Likewise I saved my weapon core from last week but that handcannon on Variks looks like raw butt.

Primary: Fatebringer, Vision of Confluence, Fang of Ir Yut, Oversoul Edict
Secondary: LDR 5001, Her Benevolence, Black Hammer
Heavy: Corrective Measure

Bolded are must-haves IMO.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
What is the max level I can reach without any expansion ? 30 ?
I got just the base game. i'm waiting for the Taken King complete edition to upgrade.

MrDaravon

Thanks for running NF! Sorry I took so long to join the second run.

Still looking to do one more run, anyone interested?

No worries, this week's is pretty easy, biggy and I had already done one with just the two of us.

Also in today's The More You Know Moment I had no idea if you crouch walked it didn't trigger the Shriekers >_>

Cronen

I got just the base game. i'm waiting for the Taken King complete edition to upgrade.

PS4? Feel free to add me if you want to a co-op partner. I'm level 25, but I only have the base game now myself.

That's true. I've noticed a surprising number of randoms who don't use it in dragon strikes though. I can't help but wonder why.

I veeery seldom use Gjallarhorn on a Strike. I'd rather do Strikes with Lord of Wolves or Bad Juju or No Land Beyond, Universal Remote...so many fun weapons to use an Exotic slot.

Yup! i started to use Universal Remote, Dragon's Breath, Necrochasm and other "joke" weapons in non-challenging stuff just for fun :D

Cross posting this info from the gaming thread:

Looks like Bungie has a new Senior Writer.

Christine Thompson

[Former] lead writer for Star Trek Online. She has also written a number of short stories set in the Star Trek Online continuity, published in Star Trek Magazine.

No idea what else she is from.

Info comes from her Twitter account: https://twitter.com/HelloKestrel

Anyone here familiar with Star Trek Online that they might be able to comment on her work?

Namikaze1

34. Etheric Light isn't tied to any expansion. Though you obviously have less chances of getting it since you don't own the House of Wolves expansion.

Technically you can get to 34 without any expansions, but it would take a very long time because NF would be your only shot at getting Etheric Light.

Edit: or Iron Banner

ocean

Banned

Christine Thompson

[Former] lead writer for Star Trek Online. She has also written a number of short stories set in the Star Trek Online continuity, published in Star Trek Magazine.

Anyone here familiar with Star Trek Online that they might be able to comment on her work?
I am confident she'll come up with something better than "evil so dark it despises other evill" though.

MrDaravon

34. Etheric Light isn't tied to any expansion. Though you obviously have less chances of getting it since you don't own the House of Wolves expansion.

This. I played without DLC for a bit, IIRC the only way to get EL without any DLC is as a Nightfall drop, or from Iron Banner.

GlamFM

Banned

Christine Thompson

Read that this morning. Has me exited - someone who can handle the heavy Star Trek lore is probably a good fit for Destiny.

Asked a friend who used to play STO how the writing was - "good".

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
PS4? Feel free to add me if you want to a co-op partner. I'm level 25, but I only have the base game now myself.

Cool man, I'll add you !

Technically you can get to 34 without any expansions, but it would take a very long time because NF would be your only shot at getting Etheric Light.

Edit: or Iron Banner

Thanks !!

deoee

Christine Thompson

Let's hope shes got enough time to explain

Top Bottom