• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

rNilla

Kamina is missing.

Add me please :)

Are we allowed to ask to join the Hypenaught in the thread or should we message you? Either way, I'd like to be added! Fresh new avatar for my rekindled Destiny addiction

Oh I am not there xC

Just pre ordered the taken
hype
king. Add me to the hypenaught please !

The Hypenaught is getting pretty crowded. But plenty of room left in Todd's Unbelievably Ridiculously Devoted Super Total Fans United. Also, space!

hypenaught.png

Tried Trials last night for the first time in a couple weeks. I was definitely the weak link in my team but we managed to get to 6 wins. Our two losses were close games too. Didn't help that I have changed to Jumper controls and kept popping Radiance too early. Then with our backs against the wall, down 4-3, we got rushed but I still had Radiance. Popped it and instead of reviving my teammates I tried to be a hero and got killed ending our flawless run.

With that failure behind me I do want to give it another shot this week. Still want to get to Mercury a few more times before TTK drops.

GlamFM

Banned
Small Arms is the roughest possible nerf though. Cutting down the damage your Shotgun/Sniper/Gjallarhorn in this fight is a super severe penalty. You can't shotty a Captain before he kills you. You can't burn Skolas as reliably as you should.

Not to mention the fact that Captains have silly range on that melee swipe, being able to kill 2 people in one hit.

Completely doable, but significantly more prone to frustrating wipes when a tiny thing goes wrong.

Thanks, I´m probably gonna pass... :(

Hope to get it done before TTK for my fancy emblem.

Thanks to Teqnique and Hedera for the Nighfall!

I was worried about being a hard one due to grounded, but that went incredibly fast. Seriously, Taniks lasted less than five seconds. what the hell did you shot him with?

And... Thunderlord. I want to cry. And I hope it is of happiness because otherwise I have mold spores in my eyes. Oh well, back to removing infested wallpaper.

tjohn86

After a long break I've started playing again. Is there a primary weapon from a vendor that is worth buying? I'm using a Shadow Price right now.

Also is the Ice Breaker still the goto secondary weapon?

Hedera

Thanks to Teqnique and Hedera for the Nighfall!

I was worried about being a hard one due to grounded, but that went incredibly fast. Seriously, Taniks lasted less than five seconds.

And... Thunderlord. I want to cry. And I hope it is of happiness because otherwise I have mold spores in my eyes. Oh well, back to removing infested wallpaper.
Thunderlord is awsome! Congrats

Nuszka

Yeasterday i noticed that my aim was way off, i had my sensitivity at 6. Think my sticks are wearing off they feel a bit more loose, lowering down the sensitivity helped a bit , but looks like i will be looking to buy a new controller. Ps4 btw.

I'm really torn about Trials - I had initially written it off as something that just wasn't for me as I've not really been in to PvP over the first few months...but then I've had 3 fun runs grinding through iron banner, and have generally improved to being "only a bit below average".

I've enjoyed learning the maps, and also the Thorn bounty helped me learn how to spend my time trying not to die rather than trying to get kills.

I was also playing in a full fireteam with other players who were good so we were getting matched against some pretty good teams. When I went in on my own I usually did much better (in terms of KD) as I was getting matched against my own skill level.

Anyway - I think when Trials launched I was really hyped to see Mercury, and all the loot that was dropping. Then I tried it (once) and realised how hard getting wins was, never mind a flawless....I would have been up for practicing it, and trying to get better over time with a consistent fireteam, but I can't get online consistently enough, and all the guys I PvE with weren't interested in it enough to try.

Maybe LFG works for Trials, but I haven't tried it as doing well seems to be a lot about team work and call outs etc rather than individual gun skill (unless you are in the 1% or the 1% within the 1%).

TL;DR I'm glad Trials exists, I'm glad it's "elitist" in that it really rewards the best players and teams, but boy is it driving me a bit crazy knowing it's there and I can't really get there.... I need to hang out in twitch chats and try to win a raffle for a carry or something..

....The devil bit of me would also like to hear the reactions of my buddies when they see the emblem... :p

I understand. I think playing other game modes such as iron banner, mixed with the fundamental survival state of mind from the Thorn bounty (along with the 1 iron banner daily of 10 kill/assist streak) are a great start. I see a lot of new-ish Trials people rush by themselves and die, leaving your team at a huge disadvantage 2v3.

As you said, communication is hugely important. Then there's the strategy play. You can start by checking out their loadout before the match (which you have to take with a grain of salt as some people like to change right before spawning).

After the first round, you can kind of predict their game plan and what they like to do. This is the harder part because teams can switch it up so it's almost like a chess match. When to push, positioning your team, when to revive, when to pinch. Knowing when you're losing a battle that it's ok to run away because your staying alive is crucial. A best of all, callouts. If you decide to push up a bit, call out how your radar looks for the snipers staying back. I think a lot of those things together helps a ton, from my experience.

I'm not the best or close, but I'm always willing to play with anyone and help out. If I can help take you to mercury, I definitely would love to!

it's late, but huge shoutout to imperatorpat and goodcoffeejoey for an awesome time in trials last night! we only got 7 wins, but playing the same dudes 4 times in a row was pretty ridiculous.

two weeks of awesome trials experiences in a row have bitten me hard. who wants to try and go flawless this weekend?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Alright, I'm up for PoE 32 now. First time. Anyone up to helping me?

I was going through the ghost tracker website and trying to get all the ghosts (for some reason)...and then I got to Mars. Ugh, fuck this planet.

it's late, but huge shoutout to imperatorpat and goodcoffeejoey for an awesome time in trials last night! we only got 7 wins, but playing the same dudes 4 times in a row was pretty ridiculous.

two weeks of awesome trials experiences in a row have bitten me hard. who wants to try and go flawless this weekend?

Nice! I'm always down. I'll need a break from Ludum Dare and that break will definitely be Trials.

Top Bottom