• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I have all vault space and character weapon slots filled with dupe exotics or legendaries to hold until TTK except for a few heavy weapon slots. I can't even transfer items without dismantling a primary or special.

I hope we get a goodly amount of legendary marks for each legendary. Makes the hassle of being full up worth it later.

I dunno though, remember how old Legendaries didn't give motes of light after House of Wolves? Have they confirmed that Year 1 legendaries will generate marks?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm still confused whats coming in TTK. After the outrage are we getting everything in the single TTK pack or do we still have to buy the full edition with the game again?

Lee

What's the use of all these dupe exotics?

Bungie advised people not to shard duplicates before TTK. Game Informer stated that dismantling weapons gave experience/boosts to other weapons. Also, dismantling legendaries gives legendary marks used to buy new weapons and gear from the vendors.

If it's like HoW, you don't level ATK anymore. You just unlock nicer perks. And for TK exotics the unique perk is unlocked right away.

Well.... In HoW you did level attack through etheric light. But I assume what you're getting at is that there won't be any of that in TTK.

It's almost a month away, it's going to be hard to wait with all of this hype!

I can confirm this. It's almost painfull.

Almost didn't recognize you there!

I can say the same! What happened to Sorsha?

Anyway, I'm back in this bitch. Getting good again for TTK.

As for the avatar, I got that Persona virus due to Persona 4 Golden being way too awesome. I guess the only thing I'm more hyped than TTK would be Persona 5.

I'm still confused whats coming in TTK. After the outrage are we getting everything in the single TTK pack or do we still have to buy the full edition with the game again?

if you already own, Vanilla, TDB and HoW you can buy TTK digitally for 40 bucks. if you dont have ALL those already your gonna have to buy them. if you own Vanilla but not the 2 expansions, I would recommend waiting until release, buy the 60 disc version as:
expansion pass= 35.00, taken king=40.00.

Calling it now, major negatives getting announced tomorrow for upgrades & transitioning our materials to year 2. They sold Gjally last Friday to build goodwill.

Pre-HOW xotics required extra shards to hit 365.

I'm fully expecting getting Exotics to Year 2 levels to take some doing. But they are now officially clearly coming back as Year 2s. I can't see any real major negative coming out of that after the video confirmed that they will specifically exist as Year 2 Exotics.

And we already know legendaries aren't making it.

What "Major negative" is left? You need to do a quest to bring a Year 1 Exotic to Year 2? Okay, sounds like fun. My gun will be getting more powerful, thanks, sick reward, worth it.

What am I missing?

darthbob

Titan's furry collar looks even furrier, they really buffed the furry factor for year 2!

You like to say furry a lot, don't you?

Being able to hold 32 Quests?!

What does that even mean .. There will be that many quests that I can accumulate at one time that it requires 32 slots? That is insane.

I only took Wed - Friday off work. Maybe I need another week off ..

I wouldn't look into it much. I mean, we got 10 Mission slots in Year 1 and how often did those get used? *shrug*

X-Frame

Being able to hold 32 Quests?!

What does that even mean .. There will be that many quests that I can accumulate at one time that it requires 32 slots? That is insane.

I only took Wed - Friday off work. Maybe I need another week off ..

I'm fully expecting getting Exotics to Year 2 levels to take some doing. But they are now officially clearly coming back as Year 2s. I can't see any real major negative coming out of that after the video confirmed that they will specifically exist as Year 2 Exotics.

What "Major negative" is left? You need to do a quest to bring a Year 1 Exotic to Year 2? Okay, sounds like fun. My gun will be getting more powerful, thanks, sick reward, worth it.

What am I missing?

Time and effort being spent to use a gun you've already had for a year, again. That's what you're missing.

Lee

What am I missing?

Potential negatives include:

No upgrade path for year one legendaries.
Vanguard and Crucible Marks do not convert to Legendary Marks.
Upgrade materials do not convert to Legendary Materials.

All would slow down progression and force people to spend some time playing the new and reworked content (strikes, particularly) before reaching the end game.

Juraash

I just want to know about infusion already.

My sincerest hope is that it's take the stats from one item and put them on another. So basically transmog. Turn your old VoG gear into current gear be infusing the stats from an expansion piece onto it. Obviously this would extend to all gear not just old stuff.

Trakan

And fusion rifles were OP in crucible?

They still are, just not as good as shot package shotguns with max range. Every once in a while I'll run into a Pocket Infinity, Plug.One, Perun's Fire, or Praetorian Foil, and they're still absolutely insane.

X-Frame

All would slow down progression and force people to spend some time playing the new and reworked content (strikes, particularly) before reaching the end game.

The bolded has already been confirmed to be true. No Year 1 Legendaries are being updated to Year 2 levels.

What am I missing?

It won't be that easy. Bungie will do everything they can to make sure we are all running around with blue and green weapons for a while.

My sincerest hope is that it's take the stats from one item and put them on another. So basically transmog. Turn your old VoG gear into current gear be infusing the stats from an expansion piece onto it. Obviously this would extend to all gear not just old stuff.

Its a good guess I just don't want to get my hopes up.

Frenden

Banned
What's the use of all these dupe exotics?

I'm hoarding a second or third of everything I like in case feeding an exotic to another exotic is part of the upgrade process. Chances are probably slim, but I don't need the shards anyhow.

I dunno though, remember how old Legendaries didn't give motes of light after House of Wolves? Have they confirmed that Year 1 legendaries will generate marks?

They said not to dismantle our stuff just yet, legendary wise, so I'm hoping there's a reason. Further, I hope that reason is that they turn into marks like the new stuff.

Time and effort being spent to use a gun you've already had for a year, again. That's what you're missing.

First was already confirmed
Second would be certainly surprising
Third is what's happened in the previous two expansions, but then was fixed with that Speaker redux, so I dunno if that would happen.

It sounds like both of you are concerned about "having to play the game before getting to end game" which I think is definitely what Bungie wants you to do. Hence calling it Endgame and not Whenevsgame.

noomi

Alright, not that I've gathered my sanity again, time to check out this new trailer.

Seems like all the good shit happens when I'm off to lunch...

so TTK starts at level 25? we are going to breeze through this content then

Not necessarily. We still don't know what level we will start at having reached max level currently. We are technically at level 20 now as per the new leveling system. We will probably be put at level 30 I'd guess. So it should still be pretty easy.

All will be forgiven if this is the way they go.

But they probably would have just let us upgrade them if this were the case.

Deku Tree

As long as they give me something for my old materials and marks, like say reputation, then I don't care if they convert directly to Year 2 materials and marks.

They have reworked the materials system so you don't need that many anyway, and you get a lot of them just playing regularly. I have almost 600 of each class materials and nothing to do with them. Give me a whole bunch of DO rep and I'll be happy.

After a short while materials and marks become pretty useless anyway.

Kalamari

This sounds too good to be true, therefore Bungie would never do it.

Top Bottom