• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

So my wife and I have been running Dragon Strikes for her Bad Juju bounty and I've noticed two things:

1. I'm really going to miss my Gheleon's Demise with Rodeo, Hammer Forged and Firefly since I can't upgrade it ever again (it'll live in the vault next to Shadow Price).

and more importantly...
2. WHY do the SAME Strikes keep appearing over and over and over and over? I hate the Summoning Pits and really would love more variety than Cerberus Vae III and the Shadow Thief. Has anyone seen the Undying Mind in the rotation? I really love that strike but I have yet to see it in a Dragon Strike. Bungee really needs to let fire teams VOTE on the strike they will attempt instead of seemingly rousing certain strikes over and over.

Razorskin

----- ------
So my wife and I have been running Dragon Strikes for her Bad Juju bounty and I've noticed two things:

1. I'm really going to miss my Gheleon's Demise with Rodeo, Hammer Forged and Firefly since I can't upgrade it ever again (it'll live in the vault next to Shadow Price).

and more importantly...
2. WHY do the SAME Strikes keep appearing over and over and over and over? I hate the Summoning Pits and really would love more variety than Cerberus Vae III and the Shadow Thief. Has anyone seen the Undying Mind in the rotation? I really love that strike but I have yet to see it in a Dragon Strike. Bungee really needs to let fire teams VOTE on the strike they will attempt instead of seemingly rousing certain strikes over and over.
It's not like there are that many strikes to begin with..

FyreWulff

and more importantly...

Undying Mind is a Dark Below strike and can only appear in the Dark Below Roc strike playlist along with the Omnigul strike. Dragon (HoW required) lacks Undying Mind and Omnigul.

SnakeEyes

Banned

and more importantly...
For some unknown reason the Undying Mind is not included in the Dragon Playlist.

So I bought the game on PS4 when it came out, beat the story, played some multiplayer, and quit forever. None of my friends have a PS4, by the way.

If I can convince a couple of friends who have Xbox Ones to get the game when The Taken King comes out, will we get our money's worth? Also, will the PS4 exclusive content be something we'll really be missing out on, or no?

shamanick

I did probably 100 strikes for hopscotch in the last few weeks and I didn't see Undying Mind or Omnigul once.

Undying Mind is a Dark Below strike and can only appear in the Dark Below Roc strike playlist along with the Omnigul strike. Dragon (HoW required) lacks Undying Mind and Omnigul.

Makes sense.

It's not like there are that many strikes to begin with..
I understand that; however, those are the three maps we've run the most. We haven't run Will of Crota, Winter'Run, Dust Palace or the Undying Mind yet. I like having choices in my games (as evident in my obsession with facial hair on guardians). Bungee, just let me VOTE on maps (crucible too).
Damn you're sharp. I didn't think about that. They can fix that in year 2 by making the enemies on level and allow us a fun playlist to choose from.

ocean

Banned
I understand that; however, those are the three maps we've run the most. We haven't run Will of Crota, Winter'Run, Dust Palace or the Undying Mind yet. I like having choices in my games (as evident in my obsession with facial hair on guardians). Bungee, just let me VOTE on maps (crucible too).
Strike variety should improve
With TTK. The issue now is the base is a little too fragmented. Some people have vanilla only, some have Vanilla + TDB, some have Vanilla + HoW.

What they did was keep a playlist for each of these different groups. Since you need every expansion in order to buy TTK though, there will be zero fragmentation among the expansion owners. Thus, there's nothing stopping them from making a playlist with all the current strikes + all the new ones.

BTW: how many hours from now is the stream?

Man I am so hyped for the stream tomorrow!

One another note.

I won an apple watch at work a few days ago. The question is do I keep the watch or sell it and finnaly get an Xbox one?

What says destiny gaf?

zewone

One another note.

I won an apple watch at work a few days ago. The question is do I keep the watch or sell it and finnaly get an Xbox one?

What says destiny gaf?

Sell it but don't buy an Xbox One. Both will leave you with remorse.

One another note.

What says destiny gaf?

Sell it, but wait to see how Halo 5 and other exclusives review before getting a xbone since Playstation will be better for multi-plats.

heheheeh had this happen during a control match tonight

YlpyRKZ.gif

firefly ftw

Spoo

Friend and I (33/32) are just messing around now. If anyone wants help with basically anything we're available for the next hour (vog, crota, poe 32/28). Just message reeducator (psn) and we'll come running.

So I bought the game on PS4 when it came out, beat the story, played some multiplayer, and quit forever. None of my friends have a PS4, by the way.

If I can convince a couple of friends who have Xbox Ones to get the game when The Taken King comes out, will we get our money's worth? Also, will the PS4 exclusive content be something we'll really be missing out on, or no?

If they don't have the game yet on Xbox One, there's a bundle with TTK, the base game, and the two expansions for $60, which is a good deal in my opinion. TTK standalone is $40, so you're getting the base game and the two expansions for $20. All current Year 1 PS exclusives will become available for Xbox once Year 2 starts.

As for the TTK PS exclusives, you're only missing out on a Scout Rifle, a strike, and a Crucible map. Oh, and some exclusive armor, but if it's anything like the Year 1 exclusive armor, it's some blues that you probably won't even see, let alone use for a while. So you're not missing out on much.

Ugh, TTK can't come out soon enough. I've hit a slump where nothing is really filling the time for me very well.

I can only play so much Rocket League and Elite: Dangerous before the Destiny itch comes back.

I've been thinking about the different quality of voices when chatting. Is it about the quality of the headset, or the type of microphone? I've also though about devices such as smartphones affecting the sound transference (if my Moto G2 is too close to the gamepad sound quality goes down, even if I have not activated the Bluetooh.

Sometimes it is the noise from the TV itself, and others the quality or volume is so low I can barely understand my teammates. I'm guessing that using the sony bundled headset my Home cinema noise must be mixing itself too, so Im going to switch to the Sony DREX12IPB in-ear headphones for when playing using voice (That I hope it becomes the norm when I get used to playing with people) as soon as they arrive tomorrow, hoping they also cancel noise from outside. I hope my voice sounds ok and they won't catch background noise as it will be one of those hanging microphones embedded in the cable.

When I was working I would start putting headphones for Destiny at 21:30 or 22:00 for night playing, but yesterday I had the new neighbours already hit the wall at 21:00 ... because I raised it enough to drown their own TV. Heck, even when I play through the home cinema I usually have it really loud, but they force me to play higher and then they complain? I'm going to try covering the bare wall where they have placed the TV with some makeshift accoustic insolation. The panels are rated at 62 db, but this is going to be a kludge, covering the only place where the wall is visible.

And now back to Destiny. I'm suddenly have one exotic on each category (Primary, special, heavy) and going nuts about what to level up first (Suros, Ghorn, Thunderlord). Am I correct that Ghorn should be the best choice to spend time with as only one exotic can received exp at a time?

ocean

Banned
SoM and Shoot First Kiss Later just made an alliance, I guess we're all SEXY now ;)
I didn't even now there were alliances
Fir those wondering:

What purpose does a Bungie.net Clan Alliance serve?
The current purpose of an Alliance is to link together Clans that share like-minded interests and to allow larger communities and organizations to sort their Clan members by interest. Clans who have reached the 100 member cap on Clan rosters can use the Alliance feature to grow by creating more Clans and link them together with an Alliance.

A Clan may only join one Alliance. However, an Alliance can be made up of any number of Clans.

To help navigate through Clan Alliances, there is a navigation tab at the top right of your Group page so you can easily jump from one Clan to another within an Alliance.

The GAF alliance will take everything over.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
For the first time in months I've been taking Crucible seriously with my Hunter (no clue how I've maintained a 1.57 k/d on it since then) and I've fallen in love with Red Death. The recovery that you get from outdueling someone with it just encourages you to stay aggressive in the best way.

I also switched my control scheme to Jumper. I've always felt that I never got the most out of my vertical space in this game. Now that I can keep my thumb on the stick and get air on the same time, I'm getting out of stuff that would've washed me and finding kill opportunities that I never had before. I don't know how I got throwing knife kills without it (melee on the right stick helps a lot too). Took me a while to adjust, but it was worth it.

Only thing I need to work on now is making the most out of my super. There's still times where I'll just sit on it for an entire game and be too scared to use it. I just hate only getting 1 kill from it or betting wrong on a corner. Takes me too far out of my playstyle with the Hunter right now.

One another note.

What says destiny gaf?

I mean, I love Halo, but I'd just sell the apple watch and pocket the change and buy someone you need. Like a KitchenAid stand mixer. That's what I did when I went to Best Buy to buy a PS4 to compliment my Xbox.

And now baking is even more enjoyable and I forgot all about the PS4.

Still kinda want one. Eh.

My TO-DO for today:

Warlock, lvl 33 atm:
- daily public event
- get 42 chest for my Warlock, thereby FINALLY getting to 34
- NF, WS
- do Petra bounties, get keys
- do PoE 32 & 34
- maaaaaybe do Skolas with DGAF for the first time (also last thing I need for Triumphs)

Titan, lvl 29 atm:
- daily public event
- get him the armor
- do NF is possible
- WS
- maybe do some PoE or VoG / HM

Destiny is work, man. Planning, scheduling...stuff. :/
I love it.

Spoo

Made a shit ton of progress today. Went from level 31 to 33 thanks to finishing PoE 32, did the daily, the nightfall (like 5 times lol), the heroic 32, and a ton of bounties for the queen.

I also picked up.... wait for it...

No Land Beyond!

Oh.

Anyway, just need to do CE HM, and at some point fool someone into doing PoE 34 and 35 with me and I will have my triumphs!

Is anyone interested in doing the Weekly Nightfall Strike with me? I'm level 31 and don't have the best gear or skill, but I'd like to complete this challenge.

Edit: On another note, what happens to already accumulated faction rep when the Taken King releases? I saw you can only align with one faction.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Made a shit ton of progress today. Went from level 31 to 33 thanks to finishing PoE 32, did the daily, the nightfall (like 5 times lol), the heroic 32, and a ton of bounties for the queen.

I also picked up.... wait for it...

No Land Beyond!

Oh.

Anyway, just need to do CE HM, and at some point fool someone into doing PoE 34 and 35 with me and I will have my triumphs!
using NLB has made me soooo much better with every other sniper lol

Nuszka

Another morning and the grind for grimoire begins... Will do sidearm kills while watching the stream. But i still need 90 public events done, think i should start doing 10x a day o f those not to go completely insane.

GlamFM

Banned
Had 3 failed download notifications for some collectors stuff on my PS4 this mornig.

Anybody else?

Am I in trouble?

amar212

I did probably 100 strikes for hopscotch in the last few weeks...

I did more than 200. No Hopscotch.

I saw them falling all around. Every day someone in my team gets it. But not me.

I got all imaginable exotics there. Yesterday only I got Suros and Thunderlord.

I got EVERY.SINGLE.DRAGON.WEAPON. Every single one. Multiple times. Auto rifle. Gun. Another pulse. Scout. Shotgun. Fusion. Sniper. MLG. Both Rocket Launchers.

But no Hopscotch.

I will burn on that grind.

Top Bottom