• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

I can picture Rufus sitting on top of a mountain too scared to go down right now.

My mountain, not yours. I made it down fine thank you very much, even had a bunch of beers while coming down.

QaPx2fq.jpg

ocean

Banned
whynotboth.gif
For sure both. I think we'll have like 10 really cool things and then 1 meh decision and inevitably, Bungie gonna Bungie it up with some bullshit to drive the rage. I'm thinking whatever happens with Exotics is gonna be controversial as all hell.

DGAF mood sine curve is in for a roller coaster tonight.

E92 M3

You know it's gonna be a mixed bag.

They're gonna make us very happy with some things.

And they're also gonna do stuff that makes it easier for new players to jump in that's gonna make them feel like they're not too far behind to jump in (like resets) that's gonna make people rage post.

Yeah, we will wait and see. I hope that we can still exchange materials at the speaker and I can use my commendations. I still have all of my ascended stuff.

Nice mountain Death!

So with everyone saying TTK is a massive improvement and that Destiny has changed, I'm thinking of reinstalling it on my PS4, playing through the DLC expansions (already own them), and maybe liking it. I quit at like light level 22 or something because the leveling system and loot drops were complete bullshit.

So GAF, as someone who kinda hated Destiny for all the problems it had, is the second chance even worth it?

MightyKAC

Damn, living in Korea means that the stream goes live at like 3am for me. :p

Welp, at least I get to wake up to something cool.

E92 M3

So with everyone saying TTK is a massive improvement and that Destiny has changed, I'm thinking of reinstalling it on my PS4, playing through the DLC expansions (already own them), and maybe liking it. I quit at like light level 22 or something because the leveling system and loot drops were complete bullshit.

So GAF, as someone who kinda hated Destiny for all the problems it had, is the second chance even worth it?

Destiny has had a crap-ton of positive changes and more are coming. Worth it.

ocean

Banned

A lot has changed since then. But many of the more significant changes, like level progression being tied to XP and not gear, overhauled quest system, smarter loot system and stuff will come with the new expansion.

The system and economy changes should be made available to all, even if the actual content of the expansion requires the new DLC. So if you wanna play around, I'd say wait a month and reinstall what should be a far better game.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned

Sure is man. I played from launch till late till New Year and got fed up with the shit rewards and left. I came back this week past Friday evening and everything has been so positive. I've got loads of coins and rewards plus 21 Legendaries and 8 Exotics.

I also never played the expansions even though I owned them so they were enjoyable to go through. I jumped from 27 to 32 pretty quick and I'm enjoying the new additions like the bounties for Crotas Bane and Queens Wrath. PoE is fun and rewards you good. Not tried the second Raid yet but I imagine its a blast.

ocean

Banned
Words per minute. I like your inputs because they are thorough.
and long

Oh damn don't know how I forgot that :p I think average? I don't know what average would be but I don't think I'm particularly fast or slow compared to other people who spend lots of time on the Internet. That said, the vast majority of my posts are from my phone (like now), where typing is significantly slower because stuff like quote/spoiler/bold tags are so damn annoying :p thanks for complimenting my posts though, I always have this irrational fear that my written English won't come across clearly. Btw:

UrbanDictionary entries for WPM: words per minute. Then:

a measure of how much of a nerd you are.
Hacker - 150 wpm
World of Warcraft player - 120 wpm
Hardworking Student - 100 wpm
Average person - 60 wpm
Athlete - 40 wpm
Guitar player - 20 wpm

wpm
white people music. music that was made for the white american race yet still can be enjoyed by any ear in the right situation. its characteristics include story telling, american pastimes, campfires, drinking, meanings so difficult you can't decide if it actually means anything
(Asking a black or latino)
Q: Isn't this song just the best?
A: I don't know if I've heard it.
Q: Are you crazy? Its a classic! My mom's fav song ever.
A: Its wpm. I like it, but only when I'm with you.

flying horses-the dispatch, any dave matthews band song, O.A.R. jam bands

Or

A madness that mostly effect black boys and men. It is a craving for white pussy. So basically once you've fucked a white pussy it becomes a madness and you need more.
Girls talking: hey I heard that kid milton has W.P.M.

Milton: well I can't help myself GOSH!!!

ocean

Banned
Yes, German PSN. Is the UI in the US PSN store different?
I couldn't fit the top but it's TDB. Like HoW, listed as a Level, while TTK is an add-on. Weird :p

Edit: notice how the name of the game has changed everywhere to "Destiny: The Taken King". I know they probably just changed it in their database to reflect the upcoming change but it could be super misleading. I mean

"Destiny: The Taken King - Digital Collector's Edition Destiny Expansion Pass"

Is the new (ridiculous) name for the old expansion pass, which doesn't include The Taken King. I could easily see someone buying that by mistake, specially since it lets you buy it even when you own the two expansions it includes separately. I could spend US$35 there and literally get nothing for it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

you're going to get a lot of yesses. For my part, I wouldn't recommend touching anything you "kinda hated" with a ten foot pole ever again. At its core you're still going to be doing a lot of the same things and the fun is going to come from the same places: shooting aliens in the face, playing with other gaffers, hoping for a crazy new weapon to play with, killing other players if that's your bag, repeating this stuff as long as it stays fun for you. The systemic changes may be really extensive but it's important that you enjoy the core gameplay enough to outweigh a lot of its flaws, some of which may always be there. Think about how annoying it would be to invest more time only to realize that you kinda actually still hated it.

I will mention that I have noticed my gaming instincts differ from a lot of people here so take all of this with a grain of salt. If I'm not really feeling a game, let alone kinda hating it, I typically abandon it and never look back after only a short while.

Nuszka

Seems like some streamers and you tubers have materials already prepared which will be uploaded straight after the stream they just can't say anything yet. One of them said there is a surprise waiting for us whatever that means.

Cool, what time is the stream?

I've played for just one day but it was enough for me to remember why I stopped... there's basically nothing else for me to do. :(

Done 3x nightfall and 3x weekly.
All I really wanna do now is 1x VoG and maybe PoE 34 for 3x etheric light (to upgrade all raid weapons I guess).

you're going to get a lot of yesses. For my part, I wouldn't recommend touching anything you "kinda hated" with a ten foot pole ever again. At its core you're still going to be doing a lot of the same things and the fun is going to come from the same places: shooting aliens in the face, playing with other gaffers, hoping for a crazy new weapon to play with, killing other players if that's your bag, repeating this stuff as long as it stays fun for you. The systemic changes may be really extensive but it's important that you enjoy the core gameplay enough to outweigh a lot of its flaws, some of which may always be there. Think about how annoying it would be to invest more time only to realize that you kinda actually still hated it.

I will mention that I have noticed my gaming instincts differ from a lot of people here so take all of this with a grain of salt. If I'm not really feeling a game, let alone kinda hating it, I typically abandon it and never look back after only a short while.

My issue with Destiny never stemmed from the core gameplay mechanics. It's a great FPS with a good art style. My issues were based mostly on two things: the story and the leveling system/loot. The story I know won't be fixed if I play the expansions, but it looks a bit more interesting in TTK trailers. Leveling/loot was my big concern. I greatly disliked the leveling choice past 20, it just didn't make sense and brought progression to a stand still. Loot was overly difficult to find anything decent, and ultimately led me away from the game. I'll probably finish up the two expansions and up my level a bit, and then try TTK when it comes out and hope for the best.

Strength of the Pack
Complete a Strike with a full Fireteam consisting of only your clan members.

Flawless Striker
Complete a Strike without anyone in your Fireteam dying.

Raiding Party
Complete a Raid with a full Fireteam consisting of only your clan members.

School of Hawk brehs, attention please!

Need those 3. Thinking of doing it this weekend if I can find willing and able bodied Guardians.
Since I'm in the EU (CET timezone), would like to schedule when could we do this.
Saturday late afternoon / evening works best for me (say 6 or 7 pm CET, that's -6 ET /-9 PT).

Any takers? =)

Top Bottom