• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

ocean

Banned
Edit: no way that's a page topper. Brb getting an image or something

GVAgbro.jpg

Long live the King.

noomi

Noomi, I was joking! I don't have an account with that name! I have already been invited!

Lmao, I thought maybe you were requesting to have one of your friends invited :p

That's shia's online handle from the movie or something isn't it? lol!

Namikaze1

Lmao, I thought maybe you were requesting to have one of your friends invited :p

That's shia's online handle from the movie or something isn't it? lol!
His EBay account.

You would let me invite a friend over? After what happened in the E3 stream with that friend of a gaffer?

ich00

So with everyone saying TTK is a massive improvement and that Destiny has changed, I'm thinking of reinstalling it on my PS4, playing through the DLC expansions (already own them), and maybe liking it. I quit at like light level 22 or something because the leveling system and loot drops were complete bullshit.

So GAF, as someone who kinda hated Destiny for all the problems it had, is the second chance even worth it?

As other have said, if it was the leveling system that turned you off, wait until the new expansion come out. However, the loot drops have defiantly gotten better, there's multiple ways to get you character to lvl 34 and new weapons are easier to come by.

I'd say the missions for House of Wolves play out better than the Dark Below, but if you haven't done the vault of glass raid from vanilla destiny, it's worth getting leveled up to experience it.

So I was on like a 8 month hiatus from the game so I missed this apparently terrible exotic upgrade thing you guys are talking about.

So why are we worried about a similar thing for TTK? If it was so bad, why would they make the same mistake again?

If someone could forgive my ignorance and tell me exactly what we are afraid of, it'd be much appreciated.

GutZ31

As other have said, if it was the leveling system that turned you off, wait until the new expansion come out. However, the loot drops have defiantly gotten better, there's multiple ways to get you character to lvl 34 and new weapons are easier to come by.

I'd say the missions for House of Wolves play out better than the Dark Below, but if you haven't done the vault of glass raid from vanilla destiny, it's worth getting leveled up to experience it.

The question is, did he get to light level 22 with both expansions already and quite, or before either dropped.

This would answer whether the game is even worth his time.
So I was on like a 8 month hiatus from the game so I missed this apparently terrible exotic upgrade thing you guys are talking about.

So why are we worried about a similar thing for TTK? If it was so bad, why would they make the same mistake again?

If someone could forgive my ignorance and tell me exactly what we are afraid of, it'd be much appreciated.
History likes to repeat itself when everyone starts to forget about it.

Does anyone know how I can join the twitch chat from the twitch app on my iPad? I can't figure it out.

Or do I just use the web instead and forget the app?

ocean

Banned

Every weekend Xur had a random selection of Exotic weapons and armor he could upgrade for you.

You had to pay him 1 (then rare) Exotic Shard + around 7,500 glimmer. Your maxed 300 attack / 30 Light Exotic would then be "upgraded" to the new cap, but all progress deleted. All bubbles empty. You had to re upgrade the thing all over again.

So basically after investing time, previously hard to get planetary materials and a ton of XP on my Gjallarhorn to max it at 300, for example, I'd have to 1) wait for Xur to offer an upgrade and then 2) pay for it and 3) re upgrade the entire thing again.

If, at the same time, you had a Horn drop for you? You'd get it at the same condition mine was after the Xur upgrade. Except you just got a drop, while I had to pay a lot for it + all the time and resources I had already spent upgrading it before.

matmanx1

I've been thinking about the different quality of voices when chatting. Is it about the quality of the headset, or the type of microphone? I've also though about devices such as smartphones affecting the sound transference (if my Moto G2 is too close to the gamepad sound quality goes down, even if I have not activated the Bluetooh.

Sometimes it is the noise from the TV itself, and others the quality or volume is so low I can barely understand my teammates. I'm guessing that using the sony bundled headset my Home cinema noise must be mixing itself too, so Im going to switch to the Sony DREX12IPB in-ear headphones for when playing using voice (That I hope it becomes the norm when I get used to playing with people) as soon as they arrive tomorrow, hoping they also cancel noise from outside. I hope my voice sounds ok and they won't catch background noise as it will be one of those hanging microphones embedded in the cable.

When I was working I would start putting headphones for Destiny at 21:30 or 22:00 for night playing, but yesterday I had the new neighbours already hit the wall at 21:00 ... because I raised it enough to drown their own TV. Heck, even when I play through the home cinema I usually have it really loud, but they force me to play higher and then they complain? I'm going to try covering the bare wall where they have placed the TV with some makeshift accoustic insolation. The panels are rated at 62 db, but this is going to be a kludge, covering the only place where the wall is visible.

And now back to Destiny. I'm suddenly have one exotic on each category (Primary, special, heavy) and going nuts about what to level up first (Suros, Ghorn, Thunderlord). Am I correct that Ghorn should be the best choice to spend time with as only one exotic can received exp at a time?

In terms of your exotics I would totally go for Gally first. You will still get good use out of it for the next cople of weeks. Do Suros second as I expect its potency to increase when 2.0 gets here and auto-rifles get buffed.

For headphones I personally keep my game room surround sound turned down to a moderate level and keep the sound coming through those speakers. I use a Triton Kraken which has proven to be very comfortable and durable. It's a simple 1 ear cup design that plugs directly in to the Dualshock and just does chat. It does have volume control and mute and when in party chat I find it works very well.

kiguel182

It broke my heart when newbie GAFers would post "I don't get it... I just upgraded my 331 Ice Breaker and it's just reset?" That was rough as hell. Still can't believe the game even gave you the damn option to pay 7.5k glimmer + Exotic Shard to reset your weapon so you had to level it again when it was already at the TDB attack cap :s

Sure! It's a nice Hand Cannon, similar to Red Hand or the oldie favorite Devil You Know. If you have a nice roll with good stability and maybe a reload perk like Outlaw? Super nice for PvE.

I don't know what perks I have. I'll have to check it but I'll try to re-roll into those then!

matmanx1

Every weekend Xur had a random selection of Exotic weapons and armor he could upgrade for you.

You had to pay him 1 (then rare) Exotic Shard + around 7,500 glimmer. Your maxed 300 attack / 30 Light Exotic would then be "upgraded" to the new cap, but all progress deleted. All bubbles empty. You had to re upgrade the thing all over again.

So basically after investing time, previously hard to get planetary materials and a ton of XP on my Gjallarhorn to max it at 300, for example, I'd have to 1) wait for Xur to offer an upgrade and then 2) pay for it and 3) re upgrade the entire thing again.

If, at the same time, you had a Horn drop for you? You'd get it at the same condition mine was after the Xur upgrade. Except you just got a drop, while I had to pay a lot for it + all the time and resources I had already spent upgrading it before.

I hated this. Hopefully this never comes back and nothing likes it ever raises its ugly head again inside Destiny. I am holding out hope that Bungie is going to let us somehow convert our existing exotics into Year 2 versions and that is what the blueprints are for. Having to rely on RNG or Xur again would just be too cruel.

Thanks for the response!

That sounds terrible....

Why would Bungie do something similar for TTK? I'm sure they've learned their lesson.

ocean

Banned
Thanks for the response!

That sounds terrible....

Why would Bungie do something similar for TTK? I'm sure they've learned their lesson.
Certainly not the same thing. But there were two elements to making that system a bitch: randomness (waiting for Xur to offer what you needed) and complete disregard of time investment.

While they won't do the same thing again, if they do something like require 4 Gjallarhorns to forge a 2.0 one, we'll be back to relying on randomness. They've explicitly stated they want us to have more control over our progression though so I hope it's not like that.

Otherwise, anything that requires you to re level would be frustrating. But again, they've stated Exotics will drop with their unique perks pre-unlocked so that can't be a thing (or at least not too bad a thing - losing the perks was the problem, not the fact that you had to upgrade some new attack bubbles).

At this point there's no sense in discussing systems that haven't been revealed. But the potential for something punishing and disappointing is definitely preset.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Never gonna hit above 32 at this rate. Are Etheric Light rewards weekly or get them as much as possible? I need 3. Got so many Ascendant materials cant do fuck all with them.

noomi

Chicago isn't bad. I still think NY is the worst by far. Especially in the City.

I drive to NYC a few times a year, I've driven through Times Square a few times as well. It can be pretty shitty with all the tourism we get and the bumper to bumper traffic through the tunnels/bridges... but every once in a while it's not too bad depending what time of day you go. Mostly we just take the bus in and then ride the subway to avoid any hassle, and parking issues.

Actually going next weekend.... if weather allows :p

Me too! Twitch: BenjaminBirdie

twitch: Raybunzy

Sent! :D

Does anyone know how I can join the twitch chat from the twitch app on my iPad? I can't figure it out.

Or do I just use the web instead and forget the app?

The group chat won't work through the app, you need to go through a computer browser. Not sure if the ipad safari browser will work either.

His EBay account.

You would let me invite a friend over? After what happened in the E3 stream with that friend of a gaffer?

The guy that was shit talking the whole time and everyone ended up putting on ignore? :p

deadduck

I've been paying more attention to the stat rolls on duplicate exotics recently and keeping the best one.

Got a Starfire Protocol with 181 disc yesterday, anyone know the Max??

GutZ31

Never gonna hit above 32 at this rate. Are Etheric Light rewards weekly or get them as much as possible? I need 3. Got so many Ascendant materials cant do fuck all with them.

If you have the HoW DLC, you get 2 guaranteed drops from 34 and 35 PoE.
If you have more than one character, that means you can get 2 etheric light from doing 34 2x.
Iron Banner sells etheric light at level 3, and 5. 2 total per character.
Trials of Osiris can give up to 3 per character if you get to mercury.
Weekly reset bound.
Chance of them from nightfalls.

Raybunny

I drive to NYC a few times a year, I've driven through Times Square a few times as well. It can be pretty shitty with all the tourism we get and the bumper to bumper traffic through the tunnels/bridges... but every once in a while it's not too bad depending what time of day you go. Mostly we just take the bus in and then ride the subway to avoid any hassle, and parking issues.

The group chat won't work through the app, you need to go through a browser.

What the guy that was shit talking the whole time and everyone ended up putting on ignore? :p

Cheers Sexy noomi.

ocean

Banned
You're Vanguark rank 7 and have 119 Vanguard Marks. Just go to the Vanguard seller and buy a chest piece right now. You'll immediately be level 32, no upgrades needed at all.

Then you can do PoE 32, where you'll get a 42 Light chest piece. This weekend buy an Exotic, etc. you can easily level up.

E92 M3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E95PeZ0qsLY

Where were you when...

GOATY trailer.

Man, I miss those days. Really enjoyed Reach MP. Wasn't on GAF during those times, but did lurk! Also, love the legendary edition statue.

The group chat won't work through the app, you need to go through a computer browser. Not sure if the ipad safari browser will work either.

The guy that was shit talking the whole time and everyone ended up putting on ignore? :p

I am not a fan of public transportation and don't go to NY often, but the only time I remember it being not bad was when I was leaving the club at like 4:30 lol. Overall, though I hate NY.

Sent out more invites for all that requested :D

Here's the quick how to join guide I posted a while back. Note, that you have to join from a browser, can't do it from mobile.

I think lnkn once posted a nice guide on how to join custom twitch chat, can't find that one though.

Thanks for invite! If I leave can I still come back?

Top Bottom