• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Namikaze1

Strength of the Pack
Complete a Strike with a full Fireteam consisting of only your clan members.

Flawless Striker
Complete a Strike without anyone in your Fireteam dying.

Raiding Party
Complete a Raid with a full Fireteam consisting of only your clan members.

School of Hawk brehs, attention please!

Need those 3. Thinking of doing it this weekend if I can find willing and able bodied Guardians.
Since I'm in the EU (CET timezone), would like to schedule when could we do this.
Saturday late afternoon / evening works best for me (say 6 or 7 pm CET, that's -6 ET /-9 PT).

Any takers? =)
6 PM CET is 1 PM for me. Yeah, I'll be up for it this Saturday.

Strength of the Pack

Flawless Striker

Raiding Party

Need those 3. Thinking of doing it this weekend if I can find willing and able bodied Guardians.
Since I'm in the EU (CET timezone), would like to schedule when could we do this.
Saturday late afternoon / evening works best for me (say 6 or 7 pm CET, that's -6 ET /-9 PT).

Any takers? =)

I can help help on Saturday.

School of hawk unite!

void666

Banned
I dreamed i was playing the taken king. I was doing some daily and it had taken enemies peppered throughout the mission. I even heard nolanbot.

I think i may be a little hyped....

The Exotic upgrade system is going to be the bad egg out of the whole thing, or thats what I've convinced myself

Weapons I could probably live with if the new ones are any good. But some of that sweet, sweet armour...

Namikaze1

Almost done with acquiring my spare Necrochasm. Just one bubble left in Eidolon Ally to fill up.

I hate this daily but fuck it. I'm doing it just to complete this.

The Exotic upgrade system is going to be the bad egg out of the whole thing, or thats what I've convinced myself

Weapons I could probably live with if the new ones are any good. But some of that sweet, sweet armour...

I fully expect my reaction over the exotic upgrade system to be this:

YHjfwGt.gif

Nah. I'm sure it will be fine.

purg3

slept with Malkin

I'm not trying to be negative but yeah I think there might be a few "really?" type decisions. I have faith though that most of the new changes and item implementations are going to be for the better though.

SpecX

Strength of the Pack

Flawless Striker

Raiding Party

Any takers? =)
Those are the exact same 3 I need, but that's too early. There's no way my wife would allow me to start Saturday playing destiny :(

Kalamari

So, Bungie gave streamers materials for after the stream? It sounds like streamers are becoming unofficial advertising outlets for Destiny. Activision must be saving a ton of money on advertising by doing this.

noomi

Seems like some streamers and you tubers have materials already prepared which will be uploaded straight after the stream they just can't say anything yet. One of them said there is a surprise waiting for us whatever that means.

Awesome, chances are I won't be able to watch the full stream anyway, so any news outlets giving up details will be welcomed by me :D

Well guys, think NeoGaf will be able to handle Destiny news today?

DGAF explosion and 50 pages imminent

GutZ31

Awesome, chances are I won't be able to watch the full stream anyway, so any news outlets giving up details will be welcomed by me :D

DGAF explosion and 50 pages imminent

As fast as DGaf is sure to go, its gaming side that I worry will crash the site.

ocean

Banned
So, Bungie gave streamers materials for after the stream? It sounds like streamers are becoming unofficial advertising outlets for Destiny. Activision must be saving a ton of money on advertising by doing this.
Doubt it. The people who watch these streams - tens of thousands - are mostly the crowd you don't need to spend much marketing on. We read Weekly Updates and Reddit posts and GAF insiders and tweets and whatever. Marketing dollars go to people who play games and don't read about them - a crowd probably over an order of magnitude larger than ours is. For the expansion to succeed, those people need to buy it (even if we are the ones who really play it for hundreds of hours they pay the same as we do, and they're far more numerous).

Those are the exact same 3 I need, but that's too early. There's no way my wife would allow me to start Saturday playing destiny :(

Tell her your helping a friend take care of some unfinished business. Your not lying

Make her breakfast in bed, prepare a nice bubble bath, then play Destiny whens shes soaking.

Deku Tree

Im convinced that the "exotic weapons blueprints" thing is going to be a kiosk where you can grab a copy of an exotic that you have already obtained and unlocked somehow if you don't already have one on you or something but it's going to be un-upgraded. It's called "blueprints" for a reason.

And I think your going to have to re-acquire all the year two versions of every single exotic via whatever acquisition path they make available for everybody for year 2 stuff. I am not expecting any "upgrade your old one I to a new one" path at all.

It's gonna be like "keep using your old one for as long as you want" or "go get a new one the same way that everyone else has to get it." I hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect from seeing that trailer.

I still don't get how an Exotic Upgrade System of any kind is really bad.

Ditching Exotics? NEVER letting me blind idiots in Crucible again with my bubble? THAT would be a bad egg.

Me having to do some quest or find something to upgrade it and bring it to Year 2 levels? Only makes us stronger, baby.

Im convinced that the "exotic weapons blueprints" thing is going to be a kiosk where you can grab a copy of an exotic that you have already obtained and unlocked somehow if you don't already have one on you or something but it's going to be un-upgraded. It's called "blueprints" for a reason.

And I think your going to have to re-acquire all the year two versions of every single exotic via whatever acquisition path they make available for everybody for year 2 stuff. I am not expecting any "upgrade your old one I to a new one" path at all.

It's gonna be like "keep using your old one for as long as you want" or "go get a new one the same way that everyone else has to get it." I hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect from seeing that trailer.

I was thinking along similar lines, we might have to find or earn exotics again for Year 2. I love the idea of all exotics being in one place to track them (even if they are just blueprints) so interested to see them expand on this.

darthbob

The Dark Below era Xur would like a word with you.

God no. No no no. All of my nopes.

Hundreds of thousands of glimmer lost there.

Oh, he doesn't have the Exotic upgrade you want this week? Too bad.

But at least he has the Gjallarhorn upgrade every single week! /s

After the reception and there subsequent fixes from tbd exotic leveling. I am confident i will like what i see. As long as we dont expect level 40 horns like we had minutes after how. I think it will be ok. Thry wouldn't make the same mistake twice, would they

4 hours to go hype!

ocean

Banned
Dude. Man. You forget about the whole reXURbishing fiasco lol?
Just the in-price for 301'ing them was over 250,000 glimmer. Add all the required planetary materials and Exotic Shards and XP required and frustration over fuck my Gjallarhorn doesn't have Wolfpack anymore and just ugh

I still don't get how an Exotic Upgrade System of any kind is really bad.

Ditching Exotics? NEVER letting me blind idiots in Crucible again with my bubble? THAT would be a bad egg.

Me having to do some quest or find something to upgrade it and bring it to Year 2 levels? Only makes us stronger, baby.

Xurbishment says hello

Edit I've got 62 unique exotics the thought of painfully releveling them is to much

kiguel182

Is Her Mercy a viable PVE primary?

I want to try my Gally but I have no good primary legendaries (mostly because of the lack of raiding) so my options are limited. Is there a Vanguard or Crucible weapon that can hold it's own?

There's also no point in grinding for legendaries right now with TTK so close.

noomi

Twitch name same as Gaf name, please send me an invite! =)

Please send an invite to LadiesMan217. :)

I may or may not be watching Transformers right now

Invites sent!

Sounds about right, but I really wouldn't want to chase down 30+ exotics I already have....

GutZ31

Alright everyone crack you're knuckles. We have an OT to destroy. ;)

I'm so excited!!!!! Urg hurry up.

I need to wait till the stream is over before coming up with a new OT title. Will this thread survive that long though?

Find out on the next episode, or DGaf Ball Z!

ocean

Banned
It broke my heart when newbie GAFers would post "I don't get it... I just upgraded my 331 Ice Breaker and it's just reset?" That was rough as hell. Still can't believe the game even gave you the damn option to pay 7.5k glimmer + Exotic Shard to reset your weapon so you had to level it again when it was already at the TDB attack cap :s

I want to try my Gally but I have no good primary legendaries (mostly because of the lack of raiding) so my options are limited. Is there a Vanguard or Crucible weapon that can hold it's own?

Sure! It's a nice Hand Cannon, similar to Red Hand or the oldie favorite Devil You Know. If you have a nice roll with good stability and maybe a reload perk like Outlaw? Super nice for PvE.

They will dismantle into legendary marks. So get in the crucible and stock up on dyb's

Hyun Sai

Honestly, I prefer the shitty Xur upgrade system to the even more shitty system of potentially never drop the year two version of the exotic, because RNG is what it is, especially with even more exotics in the pool.

GutZ31

It broke my heart when newbie GAFers would post "I don't get it... I just upgraded my 331 Ice Breaker and it's just reset?" That was rough as hell. Still can't believe the game even gave you the damn option to pay 7.5k glimmer + Exotic Shard to reset your weapon so you had to level it again when it was already at the TDB attack cap :s
Yeah, and they were just the ones we saw.
Thinking about all the people who likely just play casually with very little info to the game, there are like 20 million people who have played destiny at some point.
Thats a lot of people that likely don't do much research into how a broken system works.
#NeverForgetHardCrota

I was unhappy

Why did you have to bring this up...
not-again-toby-o.gif

Top Bottom