• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

11895982_1063302980354708_4182228291460820552_n.jpg

Will be doing crucible until the stream join up if interested.

Nice set up.

Frenden

Banned
I've been fighting with Windows 10 for two days (trying to get it to see a mixed network of Linux and Mac boxes and share accordingly--Win7 and 8 PCs both see the other machines with the same settings).

I'm super glad the stream is today. The distraction may save me from throwing a computer through a window.

deoee

Very possible. It's easy peasy. I'll run you through it. I'll just need 1 more to help me.

You are a true hero!

I'm sure we will find someone here who still needs it done / wants to do it FOR FUN (HAhAha!!! ;) )
And if it wont be now, we can do it after the stream :)

My psn is deoee0

deoee

it is, its really easy, just like last week. im at work now though :(

come on GAF, help a brother out. you know what it was like at 29

what else you gonna do for the next hour and 3 minutes

Damn work!
(っ ºДº)っ ︵ ⌨
You should buy yourself a Vita to.. be... more productive :D

Yeah I've been enjoying it and actually wanting the semester to start again.

Nice!

I remember my 1st semester in Fall 2005, someone told me to enjoy it while it lasts because next thing you know, you'll be done. Fast forward to summer of 2010, they couldn't be more right.

I took it for granted. But doing 2 majors, it's kind of hard to not fly by.

I've wanted to go back for fun or to learn new things but I'm too old now haha.

While we're killing time... look what happened to me the last time I ran Omnigul.

20519408791_bedbdc7735_c.jpg

I counted. It was 28 boxes of special.

I didn't even have Icebreaker equipped. :-/

Anybody on PS4 currently?

I am forever alone and would love to run strikes, bounties or PoE 34 wit some adorable folks from here.

Pretty please. I promise to behave
maybe badly

Hit me up! My gamertag is Taistelumurmeli.

I'll run some dragon strikes with you in a couple minutes until the stream gets close to starting.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know everybody is really excited for this Twitch stream or whatever it is coming up but I feel like I have to express an unpopular opinion...

Why do we want all this info, really? Why is it good to have as much information about a game you're getting as possible, before it comes out?

Now, if you're approaching this from the angle of making a decision as to whether or not you will purchase it- informing you as a consumer, to be able to gauge whether or not it's worth the money you haven't yet spent- I totally get it. It makes sense to consume as much media as it takes and get as much information as needed to be confident about your decision.

But I know for a fact that many if not most of you are already buying The Taken King. Wherefore cometh the desire to know as much as possible about it before getting to play it? Is it the concept that having a "headstart" (not having to learn as much when you actually first play) is more valuable than being surprised? Or is it more of a compulsion, like you can't not learn as much information as is available, whether or not you want to?

It's totally not unique to Destiny by any stretch of the imagination. I run into this all over the gaming world with games I'm invested in, and in movies too to some extent, and it always baffles me.

I know I can't be that much older than the average age in this thread- does anyone else remember what it used to be like when a game you were interested in came out? Before gaming was the kind of industry that could command video interviews with developers and users didn't expect full spec sheets (how many levels? how many weapons? how many maps? how long will it take to beat?) to be standard fare even months before release. To this day I still love the feeling of sitting down with something new to explore and having barely any idea of what to expect. I feel like we stopped chasing that feeling- in fact, you'll have gamers get seriously upset and feel like it reflects very poorly on a game if you don't have an incredibly clear and detailed idea of what's coming before you play it- and even though I understand a lot of things about the industry, I don't understand this one.

zewone

theres loads you can get rid of, every pulse bar the hopscotch and adept messengers, cull all your snipers, fusions, scouts and rocket launchers. Theres no need to have 99% of them

Yeah, i'm going to have to say goodbye. It feels like being a pack rat is rewarded in this game since each expansion makes some items hard/impossible to get again.

I'm also waiting for the presentation today to see what breaking down legendaries into legendary marks does for me. I'm guessing after the first week I'll be swimming in marks so it shouldn't be an issue.

zewone

I know everybody is really excited for this Twitch stream or whatever it is coming up but I feel like I have to express an unpopular opinion...

Why do we want all this info, really? Why is it good to have as much information about a game you're getting as possible, before it comes out?

Now, if you're approaching this from the angle of making a decision as to whether or not you will purchase it- informing you as a consumer, to be able to gauge whether or not it's worth the money you haven't yet spent- I totally get it. It makes sense to consume as much media as it takes and get as much information as needed to be confident about your decision.

But I know for a fact that many if not most of you are already buying The Taken King. Wherefore cometh the desire to know as much as possible about it before getting to play it? Is it the concept that having a "headstart" (not having to learn as much when you actually first play) is more valuable than being surprised? Or is it more of a compulsion, like you can't not learn as much information as is available, whether or not you want to?

It's totally not unique to Destiny by any stretch of the imagination. I run into this all over the gaming world with games I'm invested in, and in movies too to some extent, and it always baffles me.

I know I can't be that much older than the average age in this thread- does anyone else remember what it used to be like when a game you were interested in came out? Before gaming was the kind of industry that could command video interviews with developers and users didn't expect full spec sheets (how many levels? how many weapons? how many maps? how long will it take to beat?) to be standard fare even months before release. To this day I still love the feeling of sitting down with something new to explore and having barely any idea of what to expect. I feel like we stopped chasing that feeling- in fact, you'll have gamers get seriously upset and feel like it reflects very poorly on a game if you don't have an incredibly clear and detailed idea of what's coming before you play it- and even though I understand a lot of things about the industry, I don't understand this one.
I'm more interested in QoL changes being made and what to expect regarding rerolling weapons/armor. I'm also interested to changes to PVP as I spend 90% of my time there.

Regarding spoilers on the amount of levels and walkthroughs of PVP maps I have zero interest.

Honestly, I just want that educational leg up so to speak. I want get get myself ready for the new progression. The sooner we can run the new raid, the better

I dont want to know anything about the missions, strikes, raids, maps, none of that. I want to experience that first hand.

Cryptarch sweaties tonight Hawkian?

RetroMG

/sigh Damn it, Bungie, I had things to do today.

So once again, my in-laws planned a family trip over the release of a Destiny Expansion. (Happened for DB and HoW, too,) but they just moved it back to October, so I'll actually be around this time.

rNilla

I don't like to make blind purchases and as a Destiny fan I'd like to know what is changing. I'd rather just play it but it's a long ways away.

I really just want to know how the new mechanics work so I don't screw myself over. For example, if you need 2 exotics to make a super exotic I don't want to shard my dupe last word.

Top Bottom