• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting.

I forget how this works in the new system. Now that you have allegiance with DO, how do you get rep for them, and what rep don't you get as a result? (i.e. is it like before where you don't get vanguard but will instead get DO?)

I am only level 19 edged to hit 20 with them.

From my experience, I got 500 for Vanguard after doing the Nightfall and 250 for Dead Orbit or something like that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
NYtXEpV.jpg

cuz i'm always lttp. :/

XD

edit: fantastic job on the OP! thanks for all that you have done, and continue to do for this community
and for yours truly!
Thank you, you're welcome, and thank you my friend!
The few, the proud, the post nerf TLW users. 🙋
I have this weird feeling that imma become one

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
There is nothing to do in game right now lol

I know this is pardon our dust time, but they could've at least dropped the revamped strikes in

Tovarisc

I forget how this works in the new system. Now that you have allegiance with DO, how do you get rep for them, and what rep don't you get as a result? (i.e. is it like before where you don't get vanguard but will instead get DO?)

When returning e.g. Vanguard bounty I get X points Vanguard rep and Y points DO rep, Y being tad smaller amount. Return Crucible bounty and you get rep for Crucible and DO. Also after giving allegiance to DO you don't need wear any DO items to get DO rep from bounties, activities etc.

When returning e.g. Vanguard bounty I get X points Vanguard rep and Y points DO rep, Y being tad smaller amount. Return Crucible bounty and you get rep for Crucible and DO. Also after giving allegiance to DO you don't need wear any DO items to get DO rep from bounties, activities etc.

Excellent thanks :D

Daemul

"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/152554085/0/0

Subclass quest is Vanguard quest and Vanguard is one of the factions. I also have Dead Orbit quest in my log, still WIP, and I'm afraid that I will miss out on that exotic item too now.

I'm crying with laughter right now, I never saw such a colossal fuck up coming with this patch. What boggles the mind is that you're pretty much directed to check out those quests once you boot up TTK, did Bungie not expect people to do them? I've finished the Gunslinger and Bladedancer quests but I haven't handed them in yet, so hopefully I get the emblem on Tuesday when I do.

I'm browsing Bungie.net and other forums and so many people are excited about finishing those subclass quests and getting their marks, oblivious to the extra stuff they were meant to get. Oh man, once this news becomes mainstream shit is gonna hit the fan.

I'm crying with laughter right now, I never saw such a colossal fuck up coming with this patch. What boggles the mind is that you're pretty much directed to check out those quests once you boot up TTK, did Bungie not expect people to do them? I've finished the Gunslinger and Bladedancer quests but I haven't handed them in yet, so hopefully I get the emblem on Tuesday when I do.

I'm browsing Bungie.net and other forums and so many people are excited about finishing those subclass quests and getting their marks, oh man, once this news becomes mainstream shit is gonna hit the fan.

its just a class emblem give it to everyone FFS

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
we fucking did it, Skolas down.

thanks vibrations and afrodeezyak.

wooooooooooo

Okay I should have posted a disclaimer with the Bnet link. Everyone should not freak out just yet. Reading it the note can be taken two ways depending on what you define a faction as. I would save the pitchforks till next week and not call Bungie out on something that hasn't exactly been explained. I think it is more an issue with the Level 25 Quests for the faction as they currently do not reward anything.

Its bad. I miss quiet ghost already. I always said that dinklebot was fine as is. He got way more hate than he deserved. He was ghost.
i'm with you, Todd. it just feels off. nothing against Nolan North, but i think i got accustomed to dinklebot. :/
edit: anyone for 2 NF's?
PSN rasengan1337

Wait so what's going on?

I've done Voidwalker, Sunsinger, Defender, and Striker. I've got all the class items, are you saying I was supposed to get emblems for them too? And now I can't get them at all? That sucks.

Mindlog

Is there any kind of time limit to pick up the "preview" guns from the gunsmith or whatever they are?
The thread is moving entirely too fast!

All of the weapons are available weekly on a Wednesday reset.

Which means I could wait and just play a bunch of Crucible on Tuesday for the Sniper and Fusion Rifles.
or...
Go into ultra-scumbag mode and leave games before they finish so I don't flip my Curcible rank before TTK drops.
"We're aware of an issue where Patrols and Faction-specific Quests are not granting the expected rewards upon completion. These rewards will be granted as expected for these activities starting on 9/15/2015. Patrols and Faction-specific Quests completed before this time will not retroactively grant rewards."
https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/152554085/0/0
:eek:
I don't care about the Vanguard emblems, but it looks like my original fuckup saved the day for me! Accidentally pledging New Monarchy instead of grabbing my Dead Orbit Faction quest saved me.

Will probably spend 800+ Coins grabbing heavy ammo to roll a faction quest on all of my characters.

I'm browsing Bungie.net and other forums and so many people are excited about finishing those subclass quests and getting their marks, oblivious to the extra stuff they were meant to get. Oh man, once this news becomes mainstream shit is gonna hit the fan.

Hopefully the games media will put it on blast. There will be a lot of unhappy campers.

I figured these quests were going to be like the HoW prowler quests that let us start ranking up a week early.

Every release is so inconsistent in messaging and presentation. We still have the ritual progression cycle monkey wrench to deal with, new materials/currencies and now this.

Fuck this PvP. Shotguns can still OSK from bullshit ranges whilst my favourite weapon to defend against them is beyond gimped and pretty much useless.

Tjamato88

My abandoned quests is so weird. I had one for House of Wolves in there. Is that just because I haven't done PoE 34 or 35 yet?

Tovarisc

Okay I should have posted a disclaimer with the Bnet link. Everyone should not freak out just yet. Reading it the note can be taken two ways depending on what you define a faction as. I would save the pitchforks till next week and not call Bungie out on something that hasn't exactly been explained. I think it is more an issue with the Level 25 Quests for the faction as they currently do not reward anything.

Well subclass quest completes as Vanguard quest and afaik Vanguard is faction. Doesn't help that I have done sunsinger quest and never got emblem, even kiosk has it as "Bro, do sunsinger quest!".

Arrrammis

I wish they had simple voice options for the ghost, even if it was just modulation. This ghost just seems to high-pitched to me.

Thats not nice Tyler. I'm still trying here :(

Also bummed over missing out on the Gunslinger Class Emblem. Bungie why you do this?

Keep up the good fight. But for me, one of the coolest things about TLW was being able to take people down at distance with slow firing ADS. With that totally gone and the gutting of everything it did well, I just can't invest in trying to make it work.

I will find a new love when the TTK stuff starts dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom